The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | Brazil vs Germany at 3

Expecting to be made whole for that is entitlement. No one wronged anyone by not playing.
Bruh. The prices are set according to the players on the court. If the NBA is advertising a game and raising prices and then that player is healthy and sits out..yes the customer was wronged and is entitled to a refund. Literally bait and switch

i don't think any players should be punished. it's the league's responsibility to set standards that makes this a non issue. fans shouldn't be made to feel like it's a perk to see a star player suit up on game day

i think the structure that molds young players into professional ones these days is more demanding - from high school to college and onward. i believe injuries are more prevalent due to an accummulation of the years young players are pushed these days as they approach nba prospect status than in the past

yes the customer was wronged and is entitled to a refund. Literally bait and switch
I truly do not agree my guy. I appreciate the discourse though. We are at an impasse if this how you feel.

Bait and switch implies intention. This is not that.

Seems to me that owners, general managers and coaches and more to blame for their issue than the players

As with most things in the NBA, teams oneers and management create systems that the players in turn take advantage of.

And when the backlash comes, most people default to the usual thing of just blaming the players.

As usual

When is it acceptable to sit? If your team has locked up the #1 seed with 4games left, you still demanding the starters play 38 minutes a night?

Do we still care about the dad who spent 3k?

ticket prices fluctuate according to the other team playing in one's home venue. that price is usually dictated by the marquee players on the opposing team.

you purchase your expensive tickets ahead of time only to get news on game day that certain star players are load managing after having spent more money on transportation, parking, concessions and so on. if you're not moved in some kind of way, you've become an enabler. a mark
This is it right here.

Players are going to sit, that’s not going to change. And they are going to get creative to circumvent this new rule.

Where my issue is, is that the players and their “performance teams”’ front office folks, training staff and coaches have already dissected the schedule in August and are well aware of what games they are missing several months in advance. While people purchase tickets well in advance to see the marquee players. Sure players get injured, that happens. But to know an opposing player sets the market for tickets and they know well in advance that they aren’t playing is wrong.

Pop started that crap and Kerr fell in line during that Saturday night game when they sat the starters, saying I apologize to the fans, but the science said we should sit more than half the starters on both teams. But some kid who comes from affluence gets some swag from the warriors. Like VanGundy said, that’s cool but what about the kid in the nosebleeds.

Load management doesn't even work. That's the funny part about it. Even if players are legitimately hurt fans should be eligible for at least a partial refund. But that's not how capitalism and corporate greed works
This was a complete non issue pre-2013. Why was nobody saying stars should sit back then?

It’s largely a team issue, but some players definitely abuse it too. Kawhi and PG being obvious ones.
I am not denying some players do.

But they abuse it because their coach and owner signs off on it. And this seems lost in the discussion often times.

That is the thing, the owners and coaches are the ones with the power to stop it, but there is a massive collective action problem. Especially among owners.

I agree Kawhi and PG are probably the worst bad actors on the players side. Those too always come up in discussions, but why doesn't Ballmer, Kerr or Pops name come up as much.

This was a complete non issue pre-2013. Why was nobody saying stars should sit back then?

Players were doing it then too. They just called it “flu like symptoms” and “food poisening.” Which is probably what’s gonna happen now too

Players were doing it then too. They just called it “flu like symptoms” and “food poisening.” Which is probably what’s gonna happen now too
players were not sitting out 15-20% of games forging gastrointestinal issues back in the day the way load management is making them miss games these days :lol:

the 3d rendering has me

Curious to see how it ends up. I was at Lake Bled a month ago and it is GORGEOUS. Seriously, maybe one of the prettiest places on earth.

Ironically, was staying in Ljubljana where they were hosting the 3x3 national championship in a main park. It was raining throughout the weekend though so I think it ended up being moved inside. Slovenia goes hard for their hoops.

How many players are missing 16 games games a season due to rest though ? :lol:

i can't really say. teams these days aren't very transparent about this sort of thing very often, but load management isn't about injuries. it's about precaution to injury, which isn't something one can easily predict in the first place

Last edited:
We just need a list of players everyone has a problem with sitting for load management/player rest. :lol:

I feel like it changes. I know I’ve seen guys in here get mad when I guy comes back from injury to play their favorite team. I also see people be relieved when a star sits against their team.

We need a Load management approval tracker elpablo21 elpablo21

I got it at my spot dawg, been meaning to frame it for years no take backs . :lol:

Orlando doing something good, luv to see it :pimp:

IMG_7486.jpeg

I had this jersey in high school. Dat dazzle. :pimp:

Unfortunately, I sold it.

Back
Top Bottom