The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Spain at 11:15 | France vs Germany at 3

Re: the Dame situation

He signed the contract with the Blazers with the caveat that they would do everything to put winning players around him. They had a lotto pick last year and 3rd pick this year and they decided to go the long road of a rebuild. That’s their perogative but now it’s his to ask out bc he wasn’t sold on a rebuild when he signed the extension.

He’s not the “bad guy” Cronin is making him out to be.
Dame also wanted them to draft an 18 year old Shaedon Sharpe last season. Dame didn't know what the hell he wanted.

Joe Cronin also said he failed Dame. I don't see how that's making him out to be the bad guy.

Last edited:
Wasn't very aggressive in the first half, but picked it up to start the third and fourth quarters. Some nice finishes to end the game and free throws.

Dude legit glides with ease on the court.
The Wizards pick Coulibaly got the same type of glide, he be floating on the court getting wherever he wants

“If it doesn’t work, we’re not going to be foolish and just keep doing something that doesn’t work. We’ll just move on and do something else.”

Turn it up :smokin

He’s the most unpredictable defensive coach we’ve seen in a while.

That creativity hasn’t shown offensively, even with Kawhi but that could be a function of Kawhi :lol: Pop kept it very vanilla with him & LMA and they were very successful.

So we’ll see. Maxey is very talented and can score in a lot of ways so he would benefit from more creativity.

Re: the Dame situation

He signed the contract with the Blazers with the caveat that they would do everything to put winning players around him. They had a lotto pick last year and 3rd pick this year and they decided to go the long road of a rebuild. That’s their perogative but now it’s his to ask out bc he wasn’t sold on a rebuild when he signed the extension.

He’s not the “bad guy” Cronin is making him out to be.

I don't think anyone other than a few "hot take" people puts him as the bad guy. They also traded away Hart at the deadline to continue to rebuild and asked Dame to sit out so that they can get a higher draft pick (which worked).

It's stupid that Portland was waiting for Dame to ask out rather than just doing it themselves. All they've done was force him to ask out. The extension was also part of that since he now can't just walk out and was supposed to be a more valuable trade asset due to the longer contract. Luckily, the extension is proving to hurt them more than help them with asset collection.

From what I am seeing, Portland straight up lied to Dame but Dame was also gullible enough to believe them. Or maybe he was too proud/ blinded by his own sense of loyalty.

who does Masai think OG is

If true, OG and Mikal may be the most overrated players by their GMs.

If that trade was indeed on the table, then those GMs should be fired.

With that said...I don't believe the report. Looking back, I don't think Portland ever had any intent to trade #3 if Scoot fell to them.

“If it doesn’t work, we’re not going to be foolish and just keep doing something that doesn’t work. We’ll just move on and do something else.”

Turn it up :smokin

Seeing Nurse in a Sixers shirt feels just as weird as CP3 in a Warriors Jersey.

He’s the most unpredictable defensive coach we’ve seen in a while.

That creativity hasn’t shown offensively, even with Kawhi but that could be a function of Kawhi :lol: Pop kept it very vanilla with him & LMA and they were very successful.

So we’ll see. Maxey is very talented and can score in a lot of ways so he would benefit from more creativity.

I'm really curious to see what he does with Maxey. He's had success with FVV as a combo guard and I think Maxey is already better offensively.

Regarding the offence, it's hard to predict because Embiid is that good offensively (in the regular season) but more ball movement will be very welcomed. The one sticking point with that is the Harden situation...

I don't think anyone other than a few "hot take" people puts him as the bad guy. They also traded away Hart at the deadline to continue to rebuild and asked Dame to sit out so that they can get a higher draft pick (which worked).

It's stupid that Portland was waiting for Dame to ask out rather than just doing it themselves. All they've done was force him to ask out. The extension was also part of that since he now can't just walk out and was supposed to be a more valuable trade asset due to the longer contract. Luckily, the extension is proving to hurt them more than help them with asset collection.

From what I am seeing, Portland straight up lied to Dame but Dame was also gullible enough to believe them. Or maybe he was too proud/ blinded by his own sense of loyalty.
The notion that they were ever going to construct a good enough team through a series of trades to compete for an NBA title was always laughable.

This conference is loaded with guys and/or organizations that have specifically been gunning for rings for YEARS. Dame's been down with the youth movement to a certain extent until he wasn't. At that point, you ask out. Asking out to 1 team that doesn't have what you want makes this situation what it is. Doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't happen, but you have to live with it being uncomfortable.

Dame's only avenue to competing was joining an already existing really good team and that was always going to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom