The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Nets reatore order and sanity in the NBA.

FOH with that Gobert offer ...

Going forward teams need to use the Kyrie and KD trades as to how much you should realistically pay for someone.

I know Suns weren't in the greatest position but I don't know how you trade Durant, get back middling picks (at least to start) and not attach Simmons to the trade. Woof.

Don’t think Ayton & Simmons can be on the same squad due to rookie extension rules and I doubt PHX does the trade if you include Ayton & Simmons.

The Cryrie trade with the Mavs gave them more flexibility than the Laker offer. Not rocket science, just the usual dumb Laker fans mad I guess.

More flexiblity might be true but if thinking Russ + 2 unprotected future Lakers pick is better than DFS, Spence & 1 unprotected pick then call me a dumb Laker fan.

Neither DFS or Spence is getting an unprotected first back. Lottery or lightly protected firsts are the most overrated asset in the nba. I know Russ/Simmons on the same squad would be hella ugly, but letting Russ run the team surrounded by shooters and solid players would’ve had them in a better position for the short term.

And 2 unprotected picks > 1 unprotected pick.

I get the angle of not giving Kyrie what he wants but no way you can tell me the Mavs package was better given what just happened.

“Dumb laker fans” tho

Last edited:
He’s more of a salary dump though. They can get actual compensation for the other guys.

Hell, they could put Mikal Bridges out there and there’s no reason he shouldn’t fetch whatever someone is willing to pay for OG.

I’m just saying I agree. They’re not done. They can’t/shouldn’t be.

If you have leverage, you exercise it. They could have gotten a better deal in the off season. You're delusional if you think they couldn't have gotten a better haul than this. We'll revisit these takes in a few years.
You're anticipating KD would stay healthy, teams situations, etc. You're playing with uncertainty.

San Antonio going for Simmons
You take that back right now!

1675948734517.gif

I didn’t do anything to you.

Told y'all Ishbia ain't playing. I saw the pieces they were offering for this trade like a half hr after the Kyrie news broke. Bro was determined to get a star. James Jones was one of the ones that reached out to LA for AD. Tried to swap Ayton.

You're anticipating KD would stay healthy, teams situations, etc. You're playing with uncertainty.
They got Can Johnson and Mikal Bridges. Y'all talking like that's a hard trade to top. Idk if y'all are just nets fans and being extremely optimistic but the nets did not get anywhere near the return on value they should've gotten for these 3.

They got Can Johnson and Mikal Bridges. Y'all talking like that's a hard trade to top. Idk if y'all are just nets fans and being extremely optimistic but the nets did not get anywhere near the return on value they should've gotten for these 3.
I think you overestimate Tree how much older stars go for these days. Stars for stars doesn’t happen that often.

Back
Top Bottom