The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I disagree with this a lil bit. I used to be a guy who equally watched NFL/NBA content.

After like the past couple of years…I’ve slowly become a causal nfl watcher, and pretty much only catch the ravens games.

I am completely lost on who is nice, who is who etc, around the league, except the big names. And I don’t even no or care much about them.

I think the NBA makes up for that with their social media shenanigans and 24/hr content.

As a guy who’s times been cut shorter, I find it much easier to follow the NBA.
I think you might be further away from the median sports fan than you think.

The season is shorter, most the games is a shorter space of time and mostly on the weekend, the network affects from the NFL already being more popular so more people that jobs will talk about it, NFL being predominantly on network TV while the NBA is mainly on cable, if you live in a major metro you can find a bar to watch the game, the NFL dominating the sports news cycle when it is in season.

I think for the general casual fan, that has even more limited time, the NFL is easier to follow than the NBA. You seem like a more avid consumer of sports than the average person.

Maybe you find it easier to be avid NBA fan than NFL fan. Sure. Maybe you get more utility consuming the NBA than NFL. Sure. I can understand those things happening

But the NFL and NBA really want the casual fan to follow the sport too. And I would guess the median fan is more casual than a avid. And the NFL has an advantage attracting and keeping the interest of that sort of fan.

319A4A4B-9803-4D7E-9A3E-B62B5F6FEB71.png

Bron looking like he opens doors for Frank Lucas.

The NFL vs NBA argument has nothing to do with the sports or how well run they are.

The NFL is an event that families and friends get together to watch. It’s something a weekend can be built around. Even if women or kids aren’t interested in it they like the togetherness and help make it quality time. I’m not saying this is universal all across the US but large parts of the country this definitely is the case.

The NBA has none of that. It is something that is mostly a sport that people actually like the game and watch it. It’s not as casually watched. However, the names and faces of the league are super well known via social media and short highlights.

It’s simply two different types of consumerism. The NBA isn’t hurting because it’s still on top of mind for most people from a marketing and money perspective but it’s simply not going to be as widely watched ever.

That said, there are more true NBA fans when considering global viewpoint than there are NFL fans. NFL fans are by far the most casual of all sports fan.

I think you might be further away from the median sports fan than you think.

The season is shorter, most the games is a shorter space of time and mostly on the weekend, the network affects from the NFL already being more popular so more people that jobs will talk about it, NFL being predominantly on network TV while the NBA is mainly on cable, if you live in a major metro you can find a bar to watch the game, the NFL dominating the sports news cycle when it is in season.

I think for the general casual fan, that has even more limited time, the NFL is easier to follow than the NBA. You seem like a more avid consumer of sports than the average person.

Maybe you find it easier to be avid NBA fan than NFL fan. Sure. Maybe you get more utility consuming the NBA than NFL. Sure. I can understand those things happening

But the NFL and NBA really want the casual fan to follow the sport too. And I would guess the median fan is more casual than a avid. And the NFL has an advantage attracting and keeping the interest of that sort of fan.

You said you disagree then basically say the same thing he said. :lol:

Lowkey tight I cant make it to SL,UT for the ASG

Snow bunny heaven. Never know who you'll bump into.

Nobody got time to ski during yamb season.

You said you disagree then basically say the same thing he said. :lol:
First, quote the sentence where I say I disagree

My post is basically saying his experience might not be representative of the median fan.

Accepting his point that he finds it easier to be a avid fan of NBA than NFL, but my argument was about casual fans.

I swear you are one of the few people in NT that smugly type some of the most worthless and pointless post on this forum

First, quote the sentence where I say I disagree

My post is basically saying his experience might not be representative of the median fan.

Accepting his point that he finds it easier to be a avid fan of NBA than NFL, but my argument was about casual fans.

I swear you are one of the few people in NT that smugly type some of the most worthless and pointless post on this forum

I read your first line being far from the median fan as disagreeing.

Why your panties all in a bunch. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom