The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

When Timberlake and Hov came out with their classic, it didn't change your mind on the tie game?
No but I got accused of it once. Back in like 2012 I started wearing suits and business casual clothes with sneakers regularly and someone stops me one day to accuse me of stealing the idea from Jay-Z...meanwhile I really got the idea from Jason Sudeikis.

Figured if he could pull it off as a middle-aged white guy, I'd look better

7667fd9de512f0639dcdbe940644492c--jason-sudeikis-fashion-sewing.jpg

@osh kosh bosh also cant compare us to Europe

European style is often imitated by the US years later. When it comes to suits and arguably style in general, Europe will always have that on lock.
Suits for sure. Fashion is literally being driven out of a repackaging of street wear/hip hop culture from the US, though

Dressing well and apporpriately is good manners and shows personality and idividuality .

NBA Coaches probably dont care anout that and would rather not have the hassle of bringing a couple suits on a road trip.

while we’re on the topic, Silver might as well make players wear suits and dress shoes while playing. it would add to the pageantry and challenge of hoop

imagine getting put thru the rim by a dude dressed in his best steve harveys. peak athletes only

1680718584384.jpeg

There's gonna be like 7 of the top 50 scorers in the NBA not reach the 65-game threshold this season.

The hell is Draymond going on about? "Bums" :lol:

Did they say TMac had to borrow Shaq’s trousers or was that the running joke :rofl:

I’ll occasionally send this to my dude who idolizes him and throw more salt in the wounds.

Suits for sure. Fashion is literally being driven out of a repackaging of street wear/hip hop culture from the US, though

Hip hop culture is a huge influence. Thought we get a lot of it from Canada and London though more recently.

I knew this is where this was heading :lol:

Soccer coaches go all out with the menswear and 90% look sharp as hell so the thought of you watching them on the touchline getting fits off during a match then later watching NBA coaches on the sideline in their gym teacher/personal trainer get ups in disgust is killing me :rofl: :rofl:

to be fair...there's a difference between American and European/ Asian/ Middle Easter fashion sense.

You ever asked for a raise? More time off? More resources to get your job done? If you're asking for stuff you don't have, they know what time it is. :lol:

If you're not asking for that kinda stuff ever, why not? I'm in an industry and a point in my career where I could leave at any time and probably make way more money for a bigger title, but I place a higher value on other things given my wife's health situation.

I'm not out here constantly pushing the "give me more or I'm out" button, but I've definitely spent enough time investing in relationships with my direct manager and the two levels above her that I can have candid conversations about what I want and not have to beat around the bush.
Oh for sure i ask for all that, i guess i just skip that step. If they cant work with me or find some sort of compromise and i have other options most times the next time we meet will be me giving them two weeks notice. Im not married though or have kids so i see where your coming from. Harder to just up and leave when you have a family or trying to start one

Back
Top Bottom