The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

we need our insider HIM HIM to weigh in
I posted this in the clipper thread a couple weeks back. Some of the stuff lines up but i think this guy also just made some stuff up or at least exaggerated :lol:

-Supposedly Lue never wanted to start Mann but the FO forced him to.

-Reggie got mad when he was taken out of the rotation.

-Wall was mad with his minutes.

-The FO forced Lue to bench Morris for those 2 games vs GSW and SAC during our losing streak. Morris was pissed and Lue was pissed that the FO was overstepping. We lost both games and Lue/Morris “proved” it wasn’t Morris’ fault.

-Some people and players were happy to see Wall leave. He rubbed people the wrong way.

-That Memphis game in LA when we came back, Lue played Morris as a **** You to the FO.

-Lue wanted Russ last year. Lue wanted to trade for Kyrie and was OK with including Mann. The FO did not want to trade Mann

-Zu did not want Russ

-Mann, Kawhi, PG all were in favor of bringing in Russ

- Lue and Lawrence Frank aren’t even on speaking terms anymore. One of them is likely leaving after the season (hopefully not Frank)

-FO signed RoCo to be the backup/smallball center because they know Lue likes to go small. Lue prioritizes offense, so RoCo and Batum lost minutes to Morris.

- as lawdog1 lawdog1 speculated, Morris is not sick. He threw a fit and doesn’t wanna play anymore. Lue lied about him being OK with it.

All speculation but this guy supposedly knows 3 ppl in/close to the org

I’m not buying this stuff at all. Seems very mean spirited and agenda driven. Seems like management refused access and dude started making things up.
Yea he sounds like he's got a very personal axe to grind with Ty Lue :lol:

Whoever it is basically lit their media credentials on fire for next season

CCDCE9D0-F991-4F22-9572-05446155A808.jpeg
Wtf

YO, this Russ being great again narrative ever since he joined the Clippers is so dumb.

Like what do they expect out of him when he's the #1 option?
his problem is he cant play or adjust his style of play next to other star players. He had a handful of games where he played well since joining the Clippers. All of a sudden Kwahi goes down he gets to do what he wants and people praise him all while still loosing 3 straight... SMH

dude went 3-18, 1-6 from 3 with 6 turnovers with a costly one towards the end of the game.

Like someone else said earlier, it all comes down to expectations.

YO, this Russ being great again narrative ever since he joined the Clippers is so dumb.

Like what do they expect out of him when he's the #1 option?
his problem is he cant play or adjust his style of play next to other star players. He had a handful of games where he played well since joining the Clippers. All of a sudden Kwahi goes down he gets to do what he wants and people praise him all while still loosing 3 straight... SMH

dude went 3-18, 1-6 from 3 with 6 turnovers with a costly one towards the end of the game.

Like someone else said earlier, it all comes down to expectations.

I think expectations change when you have Russ at $40 mill vs Rus at the vet min. But also, I loved DPOY Russ, if he can actually hone that...then he will be a valuable piece to any team. Not on a Max though...

MLGA sure loves beating a dead horse. Y’all hated Lil’ Bron, we get it and don’t anyone dare give him some flowers.

I just find the **** hilarious. He gets treated like a make a wish kid :lol:

"Russ fought til the end. He plays so hard. Wow. I'm so glad he was able to show he's still a hall of fame player. Good on Ty Lue for using him the right way".

Meanwhile he's 3/18 with 5 turnovers and they just lost 3 straight lol.

Kinda wild there are four gms, but that NFL draft looming.
Prediction
Cavs
Lakers
Bucks
Warriors

Kinda wild there are four gms, but that NFL draft looming.
Prediction
Cavs
Lakers
Bucks
Warriors

I’m going with a home team sweep. Partly because I think it will happen, partly because I want it to happen. These series all entertaining and want them extended.

I’m going with a home team sweep. Partly because I think it will happen, partly because I want it to happen. These series all entertaining and want them extended.
have watched maybe 5 min total of the cavs series. no way these 85-60 games are entertaining? will try to tune in tonight if it doesnt make me fall asleep

There’s really no other to characterize Brooks going from “I don’t care. He’s old…I poke bears” after a win to basically fleeing from the building without saying anything after 2 Ls in which he played like ***. Indisputably soft.

Like others in here have said, if he said literally anything to the media after either of the last two games - he would not be getting the same heat.

Dane cook and Chris pine openly questioning if ant will ever trust rudy and referenced a number of plays where ant had no interest in looking goberts way

Lol

Sounds

Familiar

Impact big!!!! Rudy gobert

Took the Wolves from 30th in defensive rebounding the year before ALL THE WAY up to 26th this season!!!!!!!

Got destroyed on the boards when it counted against Denver!!!!!!

Impact f’n bigs baybeeeeee

Ain’t gonna be a real team by trading away the better center out of their two and trading away what they already did for the max contract dead weight
  1. The better Center isn't that great, especially in the playoffs and him being a defensive liability. This is the team's ceiling with the three players so the status quo is the worst spot to be in. Trading for flexibility and complimentary pieces is the better option.
  2. By trading away one of the two Centers, you get to create a more balanced team. This twin tower experiment is not working
  3. You can't really trade away Gobert without giving up assets (which they don't have), I can't see a team willing to take on Gobert's contract even if they desperately need a defensive Center like Dallas. That contract and length of Contract is untreadable.
  4. This is just a theory, but by focusing on one Center and his ability/ limitations, you can actually build a team that will utilize his skillsets better and maybe see the more dominant version of Gobert and up his value moving forward...again...big maybe but the D'lo for Conley swap did help.

have watched maybe 5 min total of the cavs series. no way these 85-60 games are entertaining? will try to tune in tonight if it doesnt make me fall asleep
Yeah, I should have been clearer. In the case of Cavs-Knicks, it’s not the game play that’s entertaining; it’s the Knicks fan euphoria. I want to see the pandemonium from them closing out the series at home. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom