The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Hopefully since it’s the off-season now, Kawhi will repair it instead of going the Wade route and stripping it out. Hopefully that’s what the staff is suggesting at this point

1. The better Center isn't that great, especially in the playoffs and him being a defensive liability. This is the team's ceiling with the three players so the status quo is the worst spot to be in. Trading for flexibility and complimentary pieces is the better option.
  2. By trading away one of the two Centers, you get to create a more balanced team. This twin tower experiment is not working
  3. You can't really trade away Gobert without giving up assets (which they don't have), I can't see a team willing to take on Gobert's contract even if they desperately need a defensive Center like Dallas. That contract and length of Contract is untreadable.
  4. This is just a theory, but by focusing on one Center and his ability/ limitations, you can actually build a team that will utilize his skillsets better and maybe see the more dominant version of Gobert and up his value moving forward...again...big maybe but the D'lo for Conley swap did help.
Was so easy to predict lol

By stupidly trading for rudy they were gonna be forced to trade the better center in KAT

They’re both limited but sure, trade for and keep the worse out of the two who caps your ceiling and has a much more limited team potential

Was so easy to predict lol

By stupidly trading for rudy they were gonna be forced to trade the better center in KAT

They’re both limited but sure, trade for and keep the worse out of the two who caps your ceiling and has a much more limited team potential

If they can move Gobert, that will be amazing. But which team will actually want him? And what can the Wolves give up to get him? His contract makes him a negative asset. I actually do see Dallas needing someone like Rudy, especially if they keep Kyrie. But will they actually take on that contract? That's a hard pill to swallow.

EmPXxGNXYAALxnc.jpg

If they can move Gobert, that will be amazing. But which team will actually want him? And what can the Wolves give up to get him? His contract makes him a negative asset. I actually do see Dallas needing someone like Rudy, especially if they keep Kyrie. But will they actually take on that contract? That's a hard pill to swallow.
Don’t put that on us bro :smh:

Again- I will burn this whole city down

Impact big!!!! Rudy gobert

Took the Wolves from 30th in defensive rebounding the year before ALL THE WAY up to 26th this season!!!!!!!

Got destroyed on the boards when it counted against Denver!!!!!!

Impact f’n bigs baybeeeeee
they are only impact bigs if they win lol

There’s really no other to characterize Brooks going from “I don’t care. He’s old…I poke bears” after a win to basically fleeing from the building without saying anything after 2 Ls in which he played like ***. Indisputably soft.

Like others in here have said, if he said literally anything to the media after either of the last two games - he would not be getting the same heat.
Not if he said “I bet Lebron can’t score 60 on me. He’s too washed.”

I kinda want a Dubs vs Suns WCF, but Lakers vs Suns dont sound too bad. Lakers vs Boston would be epic. :pimp:

Dlo with a ring, Wiggs with one last year. Id be sick if I was Kat stuck with Goobs. :lol:

1. The better Center isn't that great, especially in the playoffs and him being a defensive liability. This is the team's ceiling with the three players so the status quo is the worst spot to be in. Trading for flexibility and complimentary pieces is the better option.
  2. By trading away one of the two Centers, you get to create a more balanced team. This twin tower experiment is not working
  3. You can't really trade away Gobert without giving up assets (which they don't have), I can't see a team willing to take on Gobert's contract even if they desperately need a defensive Center like Dallas. That contract and length of Contract is untreadable.
  4. This is just a theory, but by focusing on one Center and his ability/ limitations, you can actually build a team that will utilize his skillsets better and maybe see the more dominant version of Gobert and up his value moving forward...again...big maybe but the D'lo for Conley swap did help.
I could see Dallas having some level of interest in Rudy, but it’s gonna be at the cost of Minnesota likely taking back Bertans, Bullock and Maxi without any pick capital coming back.

I’d have a hard time believing someone’s giving Minnesota picks to take on that contract under the new CBA landscape.

Back
Top Bottom