The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Milwaukee had the most embarrassing season than any other team in the league this year IMO, and it's not close. Milwaukee lost in 5 games...at HOME, with the supposed best player in the world, to a play-in 8 seed that was down 10 to the 10 seed Bulls with 3 min left. You can point to the antics but the Bucks expectations were far higher than the Grizzlies and their flameout was way worse. How is this an argument?
Milwaukee had injuries with Giannis literally missing games during the series, and Middleton was never himself after coming back from injury. The dudes who talk the loudest when they haven’t accomplished anything and literally quit in a series clinching L is always going to be more embarrassing IMO. The Bucks didn’t have antics and a side show the whole season.

They aren't distractions either, and DAJ is extremely personable, same with PJ. But yeah, hard to see a team not signing Dillon at all
Yeah. A team will give him a chance with something like a 1 + 1 year deal at something between $12-15 million/year. If he does better than that, I'll be suprised and impressed with his representation.

Milwaukee had injuries with Giannis literally missing games during the series, and Middleton was never himself after coming back from injury.

This all I needed to see to know where you coming from.

All because a team has swagger and talk **** don't ignore the fact they battled injuries too. You been following every one of my posts, then spew this garbage. I'll rather you just say you don't like the Grizz than try to come up with some bogus *** excuse about why Milwaukee losing in the 1st round is less embarrassing than the 2nd youngest team in the league :lol:

They aren't distractions either, and DAJ is extremely personable, same with PJ. But yeah, hard to see a team not signing Dillon at all

Dillon will just go back to being quiet like he has been for the majority of his career.

What’s funny is that NBA fans act like they want personalities when they really don’t.

I’ll gladly take Brooks on the lakers for the MLE assuming he commits to changing

Milwaukee had injuries with Giannis literally missing games during the series, and Middleton was never himself after coming back from injury. The dudes who talk the loudest when they haven’t accomplished anything and literally quit in a series clinching L is always going to be more embarrassing IMO. The Bucks didn’t have antics and a side show the whole season.
The Grizzlies lost Adams and Clarke for the season - huge part of their offensive identity given their half court offense is buns and they need a **** load of offensive rebounds + 2nd chance points. They were 0-2 with Giannis playing. He missed 13 free throws, fouled Strus on a close out that nearly sealed the game (and should've been a flagrant) in game 5. He didn't even want the ball after they won the jump ball, nearly threw it away only for Middleton to save it, and for Jrue to go 1-2 from the line. That's not embarrassing to you? Giannis would rather say "I'm gonna listen to the coach" than hold himself accountable and guard the best player - whether it's right or wrong. Their only win, which was basically a blowout sans a late Heat push, was without Giannis. This is ridiculous. The Heat didn't have Herro. The Bucks were significant favorites to win game 5 - closed a -13.5/-14 pt fav, were STILL the favorites to win the title, and were for the last 2 months, and were favorites WITHOUT Giannis playing. I get it is your opinion and this is all subjective but I have to disagree that the Grizzlies season was more embarrassing than the prohibitive favorites getting undressed and blowing multiple double digit leads in the 4Q in B2B games.

This all I needed to see to know where you coming from.

All because a team has swagger and talk **** don't ignore the fact they battled injuries too. You been following every one of my posts, then spew this garbage. I'll rather you just say you don't like the Grizz than try to come up with some bogus *** excuse about why Milwaukee losing in the 1st round is less embarrassing than the 2nd youngest team in the league :lol:
You caught me, man. I don’t like the Grizz and their “swagger” :lol:. The team who talked the most **** getting embarrassed is always going to be more embarrassing. Milwaukee has earned their stripes — they’ve won a title. Memphis has won griddy battles. We’re talking about teams in two different classes of basketball right now.

Dillon will just go back to being quiet like he has been for the majority of his career.

What’s funny is that NBA fans act like they want personalities when they really don’t.

I don’t think that’s true. Personality is welcomed, but it has to be backed up with production/results. Rodman, for example, was loved when he was winning rings with the Bulls.

What people don’t want is empty talk and false bravado, which is what Brooks act got exposed to be in the playoffs this season.

Yeah. A team will give him a chance with something like a 1 + 1 year deal at something between $12-15 million/year. If he does better than that, I'll be suprised and impressed with his representation.
I'd be surprised if he still got 12-15 mil a year to be honest. Gotta see what agency he runs with. He definitely tanked his value. Maybe MLE or a little more in the 8-9m range I could see it. I think i'd be sick if my team paid him 15m :lol:

Yeah, I don't like Dillon's game at all but I thought his villain personality was good for the game. He's wack for not answering to media after all the wolfing though. Maybe the Grizzlies told him to tone it down but he still has to face the light.

I don’t think that’s true. Personality is welcomed, but it has to be backed up with production/results. Rodman, for example, was loved when he was winning rings with the Bulls.

What people don’t want is empty talk and false bravado, which is what Brooks act got exposed to be in the playoffs this season.
Basically the Clippers from 2012-present.

I wish him the best, but it’s going to probably take a fully veteran established team to change him. Sacramento is the best fit from a defense perspective, but he needs a place like Miami, LAL, maybe LAC, etc for him to buy in.

Can we get Norman Powell? lawdog1 lawdog1 Grizz were trying to pry him away instead of Luke at the trade deadline. They may still want him.

You caught me, man. I don’t like the Grizz and their “swagger” :lol:. The team who talked the most **** getting embarrassed is always going to be more embarrassing. Milwaukee has earned their stripes — they’ve won a title. Memphis has won griddy battles. We’re talking about teams in two different classes of basketball right now.
How can you use Bucks injuries as an excuse in the series, and then say they earned their title when they lose to the Nets if Kyrie/Harden aren't hurt? Your arguments keep contradicting themselves to say why the Bucks aren't more embarrassing. If it's a sole antics thing, then just say that. You using injuries excuses one way but not the other

I have absolutely no faith in the Grizzlies as a basketball team going forward.

I think the Mavs would have beat the Grizzlies had they made the playoffs -That’s how bad I’ve always thought they were.

This is a flawed team. Before Brooks and after Brooks.

Can we get Norman Powell? lawdog1 lawdog1 Grizz were trying to pry him away instead of Luke at the trade deadline. They may still want him.

Since the message so far is that the Clippers are keeping the core they have in-tact, I don't think Norm's going anywhere. With Kawhi and PG both having availability issues, its pretty valuable to have another guy around who can give you 20+ in any given game.

20092034.jpeg

You're going to need an Exorcist to fix this ****

When the Grizzlies were winning nobody cared. It was actually sort of embraced. Only thing is Brooks wasn’t playing good enough to talk ****. But every team has a bad player who talks ****. Contrary to popular belief Brooks talking **** didn’t destroy the Grizzlies. Injuries and playing like **** did.

How can you use Bucks injuries as an excuse in the series, and then say they earned their title when they lose to the Nets if Kyrie/Harden aren't hurt? Your arguments keep contradicting themselves to say why the Bucks aren't more embarrassing. If it's a sole antics thing, then just say that. You using injuries excuses one way but not the other
I don’t do asterisks titles.

The Bucks loss — there’s no contradictions. They got worked by a team that was bad all season. Blew 4Q leads twice and got out coaches badly. Memphis literally quit in an elimination game where they were down by as much as 36. With what they’ve done from the beginning of the year with Ja’s “I’m good in the West” up to them celebrating in Game 5 like they were the ones up, it’s more embarrassing to me. Operative words being to and me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom