The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

:lol: Dog did the Wiz really trade Bradley Beal and KP and receive no top 10 picks? Presti rolling over in his grave.

What team is giving up a 2023 Top 10 Pick or possibly in that range in the next ~4 years is trading for the remaining 4 years and $200MM+ of Bradley Beal's contract that he would waive his No Trade Clause for?

What team is giving up a 2023 Top 10 Pick or possibly in that range in the next ~4 years a one year rental of Kristaps Porzingis?

:lol: Dog did the Wiz really trade Bradley Beal and KP and receive no top 10 picks? Presti rolling over in his grave.
Presti was trading russ and PG in their primes and coming off some of their best years. The demand for those players were much higher

Nobody lining up for Beal or KP. Winger got these off the books and will get a clean slate to work with.

I wonder if Smarts lack of confidence in Joe had anything to do with this.

you should go back and listen to some of Marcus' post game comments, particularly in the playoffs. i wouldn't say he was straight up anti-Joe or disrespectful but he def didn't have full confidence in Joe so that could be part of it

What team is giving up a 2023 Top 10 Pick or possibly in that range in the next ~4 years is trading for the remaining 4 years and $200MM+ of Bradley Beal's contract that he would waive his No Trade Clause for?

What team is giving up a 2023 Top 10 Pick or possibly in that range in the next ~4 years a one year rental of Kristaps Porzingis?

Presti was trading russ and PG in their primes and coming off some of their best years. The demand for those players were much higher

Nobody lining up for Beal or KP. Winger got these off the books and will get a clean slate to work with.

I mean at least they got Tyus Jones. But the product they were putting was that mid that their two features canyfetch 1 top 10? Damn.

A lot of toughness going out the door with Smart and presumably Grant Williams for the Celtics.

They are gonna feel the loss of those guys plus
I know the whole league is open but
KP , Tatum and Brown are all gonna be taking way too much jumpers.

KP, Rob will and an old Al Horford will be in and out of the lineup.

IMG_1243.jpeg

Get it done Cuban

I thought about it and The Thunder got real lucky with their rebuild due to the timing and perceived values of their assets. Especially considering Paul George has had injuries ever since and Russ has fallen off a cliff. This is the Process Wizards.

1687445112295.png

That's why I said they are gearing up to be ready by the next CBA :lol:

I mean at least they got Tyus Jones. But the product they were putting was that mid that their two features canyfetch 1 top 10? Damn.

I feel that Beal/KP's immediate on-court production outweighs that of the gamble on a Top 10 pick but it is a weird trade off because teams in this year Top 10 have no reason to take on a Super Max contract or a one-year rental outside of maybe Portland or Dallas. Their situations made them best suited for contenders who are at the back end of the first round or are asset strapped.

Going up against the clock with the opt-in date didn't help although according the Woj it could have pushed back.

We talk about it from time to time but it is refreshing to see a historically bad team actually tear it down and start over instead of trying to patch up a dilapidated structure. It's not perfect but I don't see any other choice.

Dame is a different animal, though....

They passed out of those shots for a reason. They traded their alpha/vocal leader, now they’re about to look worse because no one wants to take that shot.

The move will backfire. Especially if KP doesn’t resign.

Don’t look like he scared to me

One or both of the picks Boston got should have been going to DC, there’s no defending that…Boston was desperate and Phoenix lowkey was too matter fact so the Wiz had a lil more leverage than most think

They deciding to have a fire sale and go full tear down and tank but last I heard this involves PICKS from any and every transaction…Can’t cite the OKC model and move how they been moving so far but we’ll see if the rest of the dudes they have left bring back anything more than just clearing cap they’ll never use anyway

Marcus Smart with Jaren anchoring your defense will be so good, it will almost be laughable. Not to mention Adams being out there.

Flawed player, but he's replacing Dillon so :lol:

Is any contender going to take a chance on Mikey? Miami should agree to let him go on a spiritual journey during the regular season and just be ready for the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom