The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Why you so mad? Ya'll not going anywhere next year anyway

If you're gonna be this mad atleast post some stats to back up your fandom.

Please show me how THJ and Seth had their best years. There is a reason THJ got sent to the nights watch aka Detroit. Half his years in DAL were the same ****
Luka spent the entire Finals not getting his role players involved. I'm supposed to believe he'll make Klay better.

Kyrie balled out in a contract year to get paid. I'm supposed to believe the Mavs will be just as good. He'll go back to his regular self.

Mavs lost their best defender. I'm supposed to believe Klay will be guarding everyone at 35.

Seth went there to die. THJ stats all stayed the same or dropped with Kyrie/Luka.

Its ok to be a fan, dont be a blind one.
Nobody's mad - you're just making a patently unintelligent argument with nothing to back it up but your feelings and bad basketball eyes.

Tim's efficiency in Dallas was significantly higher than it was anywhere else in his career throughout the early part of his Dallas tenure - even as that tenure came crashing to an end this year he was mostly a tick above what he always was before here. It's not even a conversation. Seth Curry had like a 65 or 66% TS% year with Dallas before he went and started those couple of years in Philly. Again - running away the most efficient year of his career. And all the advanced metrics can point to his first two Dallas stints being the most impactful years of his career despite the PPG numbers being a touch below what he did in Philly.

These are the two primary guys the Mavericks have run off-ball movement sets for during Luka's tenure - and both of them had the most efficient years of their careers in an environment you're arguing is detrimental to shooters.

Again - if you want to flatly ignore the Mavericks offense generates more wide open threes than anyone outside Boston, do you.

SmartSelect_20240701_093837_X.jpg

20240701_093902.jpg

Bro might not be on the Cavs for long

Tim's efficiency in Dallas was significantly higher than it was anywhere else in his career throughout the early part of his Dallas tenure - even as that tenure came crashing to an end this year he was exactly what he always was before here. It's not even a conversation.

And when did it come crashing? When Kyrie came. You dont see a correlation there? Two ball dominant guards. Adding another one that needs the ball doesnt solve your problems.

Seth Curry had like a 65 or 66% TS% year with Dallas before he went and started those couple of years in Philly.

He averaged 4ppg on the worst shooting % of his career. Those TS % doesnt matter with those stats. What are you looking at?

And when did it come crashing? When Kyrie came. You dont see a correlation there? Two ball dominant guards.

He averaged 4ppg on the worst shooting % of his career. What are you looking at?
The Tim thing has BEEN crashing down even before Kyrie got here - they've been trying to get off that money for 2+ years now. He's a bad basketball player and everyone with a brain has known that for... his entire career? So again - you're just screaming feelings and bad basketball opinions.

Go back and look at the first two stints Seth had in Dallas - with Luka. They were both really good. There's a reason the guy was available a summer ago for a BAE slot contract and probably signs for a minimum somewhere this summer.

I dont think Klay wants to stand around watching Luka and Kyrie dribble around and then guard the opposing teams best player.

Outside of the taxes, I cant see a reason why he'd choose the Mavs
Property tax rates in Texas are almost double that of California

If Klay were to purchase property in Texas, he’d be paying well above 2.20% in property taxes while he’s be at about 1.25% in Los Angeles County

The Tim thing has BEEN crashing down even before Kyrie got here - they've been trying to get off that money for 2+ years now. So again - you're just screaming feelings and bad basketball opinions.

Go back and look at the first two stints Seth had in Dallas - with Luka. They were both really good. There's a reason the guy was available a summer ago for a BAE slot contract and probably signs for a minimum somewhere this summer.

Why would you even compare Seth Curry at 27 to a 33 year old Seth Curry. Thats a way different team too.

You're using #s before Kyrie and Luka. The only thing that matters are the numbers WITH Kyrie and Luka.

And look - I don't even really want Klay. I'd rather they go spend resources somewhere else on a younger guy that better fits a Luka timeline alongside everything else they've built.

But arguing that Klay+Naji wouldn't be a dead *** clear roster upgrade from Derrick Jones Jr and that playing in this offense is bad for shooters is just... dumb. Flatly dumb.

Why would he not like playing with Luka? He’d get all the same C&S looks without having to do any of the running.

A free flowing offense to Luka holding the ball majority of the possession? Klay gonna be in for a shock. Him not running as much is a plus for him though. :lol:

But arguing that Klay+Naji wouldn't be a dead *** clear roster upgrade from Derrick Jones Jr and that playing in this offense is bad for shooters is just... dumb. Flatly dumb.

Thats not the argument at all. Obviously thats an upgrade from THJ/DJJ

The argument is the fit is better for Klay with the Lakers and Reddick and their roster than two ball dominant guards. I could give a **** about the Lakers too.

Back
Top Bottom