The Official NBA Season Thread: Jamal Murray Signs $209M Extension

if a person in consultation with their doctor decide they are totally okay with the risks associated with a drug, is that automatically abuse?

Who is getting sued if the patient develops pancreatic issues after a year on Ozempic? Doctors dont go out of their way to do what the patient wants for cosmetic purposes. The patients using it ARE NOT OBESE. Thats the point I'm tryna make.

we've been recommending diet and exercises to people forever. yet the obesity rates don't really decline.
lots of studies on how difficult diet and excerisis is to implement for most people.

Ozempic isnt the only drug out to combat obesity. There are dozens of them. 99% of people who are diagnosed obese have a comorbid condition, they can be prescribed Ozempic.

The issue with these GLPs are people who are NOT obese going to shady docs to get them.

abuse again is just your moral judgment. is all off label use abuse?

When there are shortages on medications, yes its abuse. People who dont need them are buying them all up. Why all of a sudden are there a bunch of private companies compounding it? Is it the diabetics/obese patients reaching out to these companies? No.

Off label doesnt mean abuse. Weight loss does not mean you are obese.

Yes its abuse when I'm getting prescriptions from psychologists (not gastro or cardiologists) prescribing ozempic for their patients.

Outside of recalls, give me a list of medications that are on shortage. You'll realize they all have abuse potential.

Who is getting sued if the patient develops pancreatic issues after a year on Ozempic? Doctors dont go out of their way to do what the patient wants for cosmetic purposes. The patients using it ARE NOT OBESE. Thats the point I'm tryna make.

Ozempic isnt the only drug out to combat obesity. There are dozens of them. 99% of people who are diagnosed obese have a comorbid condition, they can be prescribed Ozempic.

The issue with these GLPs are people who are NOT obese going to shady docs to get them.

When there are shortages on medications, yes its abuse. People who dont need them are buying them all up. Why all of a sudden are there a bunch of private companies compounding it? Is it the diabetics/obese patients reaching out to these companies? No.

Off label doesnt mean abuse. Weight loss does not mean you are obese.

Yes its abuse when I'm getting prescriptions from psychologists (not gastro or cardiologists) prescribing ozempic for their patients.

that's fine, but this is just your personal opinion that your expertise has zero bearing on.
it's not "abuse" because YOU think the "wrong" people have access to it.

your just morally loading your opposition.

Sounds more like a "Lilly and Nordo shouldn't be able to trademark a simple medication to stop anyone else from making it" issue. If **** wasn't 1500 I wouldn't have to get it from "a guy off Reddit who you have to contact via whatsapp"

sure.

my broader point is semaglutides really seems to be an amazing technological advancement,
that is solving a really intractable problem in our society

and it feels like culturally we are turning it into like weight loss class warfare. :lol:
You need the right foods at the end of the day.

If you’re missing them because you’re eating McDonalds or because you’re not eating anything at all, your 40s, 50, 60s will hate you just the same.

that's fine, but this is just your personal opinion that your expertise has zero bearing on.
it's not "abuse" because YOU think the "wrong" people have access to it.

your just morally loading your opposition.
Anyone getting a drug they don’t fit the use case for is abuse. The fact that it’s people with MDs letting them abuse it for their own financial gain seems far more morally disgusting than the users themselves.

How come nobody wants Lavine man |l

vSsi2AEW-600x338.jpg

I wonder if this is more of Lavine and his agent resigning themselves to the fact that HE has to mend things if he wants to move on than the Bulls wanting a better relationship.

It’s probably a combination of both since everyone involved knows he’s stuck.

then by definition every drug that is used off label is abuse.
Not every drug being used off label is available in low supply, nor is the use case as critical for many off label prescriptions. But yes, doctors prescribing off label usage for non-medical reasons is abusive behavior. Do we have to look at what happened in West Virginia (and the rest of the country) with opiates as an (deadly) example (of epidemic proportions)?

Not every drug being used off label is available in low supply, nor is the use case as critical for many off label prescriptions. But yes, doctors prescribing off label usage for non-medical reasons is abusive behavior. Do we have to look at what happened in West Virginia (and the rest of the country) with opiates as an (deadly) example (of epidemic proportions)?

so if you are prescribed drug off label it's not abuse, but if it the supply becomes low, it is abuse?? wut?

also

recreational use =/= off label use.

the drug is prescribed for weight management for obese people, it's not like it gets you high if you use it when you are not obese.

also

MOST AMERICANS ARE OBESE OR OVERWEIGHT.

42% of americans can be classified as Obese, 30% classified as overweight.

so the reality is like 70% of americans would probably be helped by this drug, and you think it's abuse because, reasons?
it nuh mek sense.

Tell Lavine to negotiate some sort of buyout and become a high level Kevin Martin. I'd sign up for it, still 38% from 3 on 6 attempts per career. Go somewhere and get out of the cold and win something

so if you are prescribed drug off label it's not abuse, but if it the supply becomes low, it is abuse?? wut?

also

recreational use =/= off label use.

the drug is prescribed for weight management for obese people, it's not like it gets you high if you use it when you are not obese.

also

MOST AMERICANS ARE OBESE OR OVERWEIGHT.

42% of americans can be classified as Obese, 30% classified as overweight.

so the reality is like 70% of americans would probably be helped by this drug, and you think it's abuse because, reasons?
it nuh mek sense.
I think it’s abuse because it’s not just supposed to be used if you’re overweight. It should be used if one has exhausted other options and there can be other causes of obesity such as thyroid and metabolic issues that exercise and nutrition can’t overcome.

I think anyone using a drug as it’s not intended to be used is personal abuse, but at a macro level it’s abusive if you’re preventing people who need it from getting it. Neither is ok, but there’s a sliding scale of inappropriate personal use of drugs.

I think it’s abuse because it’s not just supposed to be used if you’re overweight. It should be used if one has exhausted other options and there can be other causes of obesity such as thyroid and metabolic issues that exercise and nutrition can’t overcome.
No. It's FDA APPROVED, for weight management for obese people.

just because it's not FDA APPROVED for a given purpose, doesn't mean "it’s not just supposed to be used" for another purpose.

that's the whole point of doctors having discretion to use things off-label. FDA approval takes a long time.

given that the drug is being used the exact same purpose but for a slightly different population.
i think that's pretty reasonable off label use.

I think anyone using a drug as it’s not intended to be used is personal abuse, but at a macro level it’s abusive if you’re preventing people who need it from getting it. Neither is ok, but there’s a sliding scale of inappropriate personal use of drugs.

i mean like i said, we live capitalist country. your problem is with capitalism.

No. It's FDA APPROVED, for weight management for obese people.

just because it's not FDA APPROVED for a given purpose, doesn't mean "it’s not just supposed to be used" for another purpose.

that's the whole point of doctors having discretion to use things off-label. FDA approval takes a long time.

given that the drug is being used the exact same purpose but for a slightly different population.
i think that's pretty reasonable off label use.

i mean like i said, we live capitalist country. your problem is with capitalism.
Nah, my problem is with medicine and doctors being touted as infallible even though we have evidence of their misguided and often profit-driven push of medications that have very little effectiveness as they’re prescribed and often deadly side effects or highly addictive properties.

We’ve got doctors pushing ketamine as viable treatments for a variety of psychological disorders and even addiction itself. Look no further than Matthew Perry’s death.

I dunno what to tell you if you want to ignore the opiate epidemic, pharmaceutical companies funding doctor offices, and the rise of BS treatments like ketamine. It’s right in front of your face and it disgusts me personally.

Also: capitalism and proper medical treatments and diagnoses shouldn’t be tied together. They aren’t in most parts of the world. I have no problem with capitalism or I wouldn’t be on a forum dedicated to capitalism and a company who has pretty much mastered it.

Back
Top Bottom