The Official NBA Season Thread: Jamal Murray Signs $209M Extension

Houston isnt going anywhere until one of their young guys takes the next step.

Might be another lottery year.
I believe we set the all-time record for most wins by an 11th seed. 41 wins. In the east we would have made the play in. I know that sounds ridiculous to brag about but from going to the worst team in the league to 40 wins in one season is no small feat. We got a great coach as well. We gonna be in the play in

Definitely good talent, but no top level talent. Who in here can be considered a corner stone? Wasn't Sengun in trade rumours as well? Unless someone makes a leap, it's hard to imagine this team making any noise. They may have a ton of close competitive games, but closing might be an issue.
Amen Thompson
Jalen Green (for now)
And Sengun are all cornerstones as of today.
Sengun was a fringe all star last season. If Houston trades anyone as of today it would be Jalen

Amen Thompson
Jalen Green (for now)
And Sengun are all cornerstones as of today.
Sengun was a fringe all star last season. If Houston trades anyone as of today it would be Jalen

I like them, but do you see any of them having the potential to be All NBA or a top 20 talent?

I like them, but do you see any of them having the potential to be All NBA or a top 20 talent?
I think if Amen gets any semblance of a jumper he has a chance. His advanced numbers were crazy good, but also from an eye test perspective he really did a lot of things that pops off the screen. Great defending ability, great rebounding, and a plus playmaker. I also feel like he’s the most athletic player in the league right now.

I think if Amen gets any semblance of a jumper he has a chance. His advanced numbers were crazy good, but also from an eye test perspective he really did a lot of things that pops off the screen. Great defending ability, great rebounding, and a plus playmaker. I also feel like he’s the most athletic player in the league right now.

I do think Amen has the most potential out of that group. I hope he puts it together. But being a Sixers fan, I do have PTSD from cheering for another super athletic PG who can't shoot...

I do think Amen has the most potential out of that group. I hope he puts it together. But being a Sixers fan, I do have PTSD from cheering for another super athletic PG who can't shoot...
That’s fair lol. Yeah it can go either way. He’s a hard worker though. I think the fact he was selected to the USA select team was big for him too. All reports I’ve heard suggest the Rockets org and Udoka value him even higher than Jalen now. Who is looking to be a little one dimensional. But even he is only 22 years old. This season will tell us a lot.

That’s fair lol. Yeah it can go either way. He’s a hard worker though. I think the fact he was selected to the USA select team was big for him too. All reports I’ve heard suggest the Rockets org and Udoka value him even higher than Jalen now. Who is looking to be a little one dimensional. But even he is only 22 years old. This season will tell us a lot.

Jalen's best case is Bradley Beal which is funny because he and Wall (super athletic PG who can't shoot) had relative success in Washington. It took Beal 5 or 6 years to crack 20+ ppg so I am not out on Green just yet.

There is something there in Houston to get excited about, but it's all based on potential right now.

The idea of Amen developing anything close to a serviceable jumper is enough of a stretch but the idea that he'll develop the type of jumper that will take him to superstardom...well, yea.

I'll stick with Green having the highest ceiling of the bunch but think people are severely overrating the rockets young core. Maybe they stick together and develop like the Celtics who also lack a top 15 guy but have a bunch of really good players, but don't see the rockets having any really elite talent at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom