The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

I hate when y'all try to shh on people's legacies with hypotheticals. Let's deal with reality and not what you think would've happened. As it stands, Kawhi is a 2 times finals MVP and had one of the craziest Playoff runs we'll ever see in our life. If you gotta play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game then you already lost.

what could Adam Silver do to change this?

bring back the take foul?
mandate teams to all play two non shooters?
bring back hand checking?

like does anyone want any of this?

Has there been any NBA or NFL commissioner that was well liked?

Carrying and moving screens are the easiest to call
It is not like the ref is getting tricked, it is pretty clear

You know what’s funny. The dribble move combinations of this new gen is out this world. It’s night and day…watching Cp3 or Steph handle the rock (even harden). Compared to some of the younger cats that’s coming up. Poole, Ja, the rockets players etc.

The guys from our era, pushed the boundaries to a limit, they took it to another level. Interesting to watch the evolution.

My dribble package stops at 2016. And I feel most of the cats born in the mid 80s to early 90s are similar.

It’s a whole new thing. Like the jump from late 80s Zeke to Iverson.

I've seen 14 year olds with a better hesi than mine. They make me want to get back in the lab cause it lowkey bothers me.

But then I hit them with one of these a few times and it don't matter. :nthat:. Look down at your hand, they freeze, then you pull it. Only thing from Bron's game I've been able to replicate, beyond his post fade.

Has there been any NBA or NFL commissioner that was well liked?

people just want to find someone to blame.

The Adam SIlver turn has been funny to watch.
It started with the pandemic restart I think?

and looking back SIlver was ultimately 100% correct on it.

You know what’s funny. The dribble move combinations of this new gen is out this world. It’s night and day…watching Cp3 or Steph handle the rock (even harden). Compared to some of the younger cats that’s coming up. Poole, Ja, the rockets players etc.

The guys from our era, pushed the boundaries to a limit, they took it to another level. Interesting to watch the evolution.

My dribble package stops at 2016. And I feel most of the cats born in the mid 80s to early 90s are similar.

It’s a whole new thing. Like the jump from late 80s Zeke to Iverson.

Carry and travel game evolved more then anything.

I think we're pretty close to the ceiling.

There aren't really any more low hanging fruit left on offense.

Any more gains will be marginal.
There's always more juice in the tank.

I should clarify it's not just official league decisions either, the emphasis on scoring from the 3 was a massive boost to scoring numbers. Pels had a 4 on 1 fastbreak the other night that ended with a CJ 3 even though an alley-oop was right there. That's madness, but it worked.

Im a child of the AND 1 mixtape era, so im down with pushing the limits.

but the carrying I think tipped over the line, if super quick guys like Ja and Poole can carry,
it's just way to unfair to the defense.

gotta be a balance of creativity and defense.

people just want to find someone to blame.

The Adam SIlver turn has been funny to watch.
It started with the pandemic restart I think?

and looking back SIlver was ultimately 100% correct on it.

Has there been an Adam Silver turn? I think the only person I know that hates him is Coupé It Coupé It :lol:

Jordan Poole is a pioneer. Every night he goes out there and tests the limits of what's legal.
Lightskin Harden gonna have a lot of sons in the game if he's not stopped soon.

If Poole is testing the limits on what is legal so was Jeffery Dahmer.

Man is a menace and needs to be stopped.

im not really a travel nazi,
I don't think it's a massive problem.

all the slow down videos and a guy travels while bringing the ball up the court vids, i really don't care.
I only care if you are gaining a pretty discrete advantage on the defender.

the only anti offense move I would support, is enforcing carrying a bit more.

guys like poole and morant have taken it a bit too far
Carrying and moving screens are the most blatant for me.

I'm probably minority here, too, but I loathe the way continuation/gathering step/act of shooting/whatever is officiated... You're either shooting or you're not.

y'all really do not want every travel & carry to be called
I don't. It's annoying to see someone jab step, drive and then get called for a travel before they even make it 2 inches from their starting spot.

But then Ja packs his suitcases, grabs his passport and travels all the way to the paint and the only whistle called is when he throws himself into a defender. Or all these 7 step stepbacks and 4 steps after picking up your dribble everyone is getting away with. It's egregious at times.

I don't have a problem with the gather step.
It takes discipline and skill to excecute.

Carrying, anyone can do it and gain a big advantage.

maybe im misreading things, but I def feel like social media turned on him.
it was like universally positive for a while now I feel like his aproval rating is like 50%
the way he initially handled the sarver situation put him in a different light imo. he was caught between two worlds, perhaps, but he made a conscious decision to pick one over the other.

Back
Top Bottom