The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Jalen Green is one of the biggest black holes in the league. Run offense through Alp and Jalen can still get his while not having everything get bogged down.

They need SCOOT.
Can't lie, he been over doing it. :lol:

But he still learning. I don't know if Stephen Silas is the right coach either to grow young guys.

1 Conference Semis meltdown in 2020
1 Conference Finals appearance in 2021 but Kawhi got hurt during the series
1 Play-In appearance where they lost both games but Kawhi missed that entire season
TBD this season but IMO it should be Finals appearance or bust
Kawhi actually got hurt against the Jazz in the conference semi-finals, making it even more remarkable that they were still able to close out Utah and get two from the Suns in the WCF.

The heart and fight that WCF team showed during that playoff run has been sorely lacking with the team so far this season.

Do these teams sign him for one great scoring performance then dip? Smh
His contract became fully guaranteed like tomorrow, I think. And the Mavs acknowledged his knee situation was a problem before he even played a game.

He was always a stop gap solution - think likely means they've seen enough from Hardy and McKinley Wright that they're comfortable those minutes are better spent there.

Seriously though, what's with the super high ppg this season? Are teams just not playing defense or is everyone actually this super talented?

A team like OKC should not be scoring 150 pts :lol:

Man look at those crossovers!

So much skill on display.

4154142-LGX76f-Qp.png

1 Conference Semis meltdown in 2020
1 Conference Finals appearance in 2021 but Kawhi got hurt during the series
1 Play-In appearance where they lost both games but Kawhi missed that entire season
TBD this season but IMO it should be Finals appearance or bust
If i recall, Kawhi did not play in the cof finals vs the suns. He got hurt vs the jazz

Missed the playoffs by giving up a late lead vs the wolves and having pg out with covid vs the pels in the play. Thought they could have made it an interesting series vs grizz if they got in

Kawhi GOAT system player. He tricked yall.

Man's beat GS without their best player and Klay and had yall calling him the second coming of MJ. 2019 was NASTY.

If Joel Embiid and Philly weren't such big frauds it wouldn't have happened but nevertheless.

Kawhi was on one leg by that point and it took 2 super tough shots to extend it to 6.

I think people way way way overstate the degree to which Kawhi carried the Raptors in 2019.

But that has more to do with injuries than Kawhis deficiencies as a player.

league is in a disgusting place right now. 703 hwy 703 hwy was right

Once you got rid of the take foul it was inevitable we'd get a jump in offensive efficiency.

Personally I think this is all good.

It's not like the defenses were any smarter or more effective back in the 2010s

Teams just mutual non agression pact by everyone agreeing to play two big men who couldn't shoot.

Hollinger did a really good write up on the sophomores yesterday. Top four been lagging.

Never got the excitement for that draft, deep but lacked high end upside.

The top 5 guys hand pretty speculative ceilings,
Nobody profiled as a dead bang superstar.

Man look at those crossovers!

So much skill on display.

You know what’s funny. The dribble move combinations of this new gen is out this world. It’s night and day…watching Cp3 or Steph handle the rock (even harden). Compared to some of the younger cats that’s coming up. Poole, Ja, the rockets players etc.

The guys from our era, pushed the boundaries to a limit, they took it to another level. Interesting to watch the evolution.

My dribble package stops at 2016. And I feel most of the cats born in the mid 80s to early 90s are similar.

It’s a whole new thing. Like the jump from late 80s Zeke to Iverson.

tough game tonight but at home i expect them to continue this winning streak to 12

Harden 24 points - 5 rebounds - 12 assists

The NBA actively prioritizes offense over defense with its rule changes and refereeing. I'd expect to see even more ridiculous numbers in the future.

I think we're pretty close to the ceiling.

There aren't really any more low hanging fruit left on offense.

Any more gains will be marginal.

the only anti offense move I would support, is enforcing carrying a bit more.

guys like poole and morant have taken it a bit too far

Back
Top Bottom