The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

We're gonna take all these weak *** sports and make it basketball lol.

No lie I was at a resort last August that had a corn hole 2 player team tournament. I decided to give it a go with my fiancé . Whenever I would play prior, I would always throw underhand and was below average. For this tournament, I decided to shoot like I was hooping. Nothing but hole. We made it to the finals and lost cause my fiancé played bad :lol:

I had white folks come up to me asking if I was a NBA player. Folks were amazed :lol:

Its not that i just hate the taunting so much, this generation just don’t be making plays fire enough to justify it. Kats will make a wide open 45 degree baseline 12 footer and do 10 different celebration dances on the way back downcourt and go find a defender to get in their face. Good shot, get back on d.

Dunk on somebody, cross them and make them fall and finish the play, game winners, I’ll allow it. But regular *** plays, shut up and get back on D. Act like you’ve been there before

And little man twerking, bouncing on the d I’m immediately kicking off the team. I don’t care how much his parents donated to the program

yea these antics aint that bad too me. we are just able to see them now more often thanks to social media.

growin up in elementary/middle school/HS we all def talked trash to opponents, did the melo 3 to the dome after a trey. If you was Folks then you were throwin up the rakes after every made basket. If you was Lord then you were pullin the Dirk after every three :lol: cant forget the DMiles 2 taps to the head. We def engaged in celebrations as shorties, gotta let these kids have their fun man.

yea these antics aint that bad too me. we are just able to see them now more often thanks to social media.

growin up in elementary/middle school/HS we all def talked trash to opponents, did the melo 3 to the dome after a trey. If you was Folks then you were throwin up the rakes after every made basket. If you was Lord then you were pullin the Dirk after every three :lol: cant forget the DMiles 2 taps to the head. We def engaged in celebrations as shorties, gotta let these kids have their fun man.

Man my younger brother blocked a girls shot in a rec league game and did the mutumbo finger wave. 3rd grade.

Where are y’all from?

Nah this is crazy.

Man I was high stepping like Deion at that age. Shoulder shrugging after 1 made 3 like MJ. Let these little jokers cook.

Well yes children are more prone to misbehave in public.
The appropriate response to misbehavior is correction.

if a kid is acting a fool in public, you don't throw your hands up say
well "let em cook"

I don't know where ****** grew up or in what era when they say they used to do THIS kinda **** when they were kids :lol:

Just using myself as an example here...but I feel like I done played on/in enough teams/leagues/camps in my youth to confidently state that doing that kind of **** was frowned upon and scolded more than it was actually happening or was encouraged.

On the playground/lunch/after school environment is one thing. Actual organized and sponsored team sports? CERTAINLY wasn't an extreme amount of demonstrative behavior happening on the floor, especially at really young ages. Kinda feel like that's what the whole "sportsmanship" idea was all about. :lol:

there is a line between celebration and taunting.
I think a responsible adult should reinforce this line.

otherwise you are setting kids up for future violence.

This is just rec league/AAU/CYO basketball for 3rd graders. As long as this behavior does not translate to them being an ******* in the real world or with things that matter, just let them have their fun.

This is just rec league/AAU/CYO basketball for 3rd graders. As long as this behavior does not translate to them being an ******* in the real world or with things that matter, just let them have their fun.

but why would it not, when you endorse that behavior?
can't have part time principles.

but why would it not, when you endorse that behavior?
can't have part time principles.

EYE am not endorsing that behavior. But assuming these are good, respectful children and students off the court then I don't see the problem in this behavior. It's like trash talking (without offensive comments or slurs) at a videogame

Back
Top Bottom