The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Well yes children are more prone to misbehave in public.
The appropriate response to misbehavior is correction.

if a kid is acting a fool in public, you don't throw your hands up say
well "let em cook"

You got kids B?

My 6 year old had a school assembly and these kids were breakdancing on the gym floor. doing whatever dance moves they do in NY drill music videos. Kids going to be kids.

This isn’t even misbehaving to me. Not saying you need to go full celebration mode every time you score though. And the parents are far worse in these settings.

EYE am not endorsing that behavior. But assuming these are good, respectful children and students off the court then I don't see the problem in this behavior. It's like trash talking (without offensive comments or slurs) at a videogame

Why would you assume that when they are flagrantly disrespecting themselves and their opponent while being protected from the consequences by refs and coaches?

you are essentially, to modulate their principles based on their ability to avoid consequences.

tbh I wouldn't be as bothered by kids doing this in an informal pick up game.
at least you are exposed to the consequences.

but I see no benefit in telling children you can act like fool and disrespect people while hiding behind authority. it's encouraging cowardice.

On the playground/lunch/after school environment is one thing. Actual organized and sponsored team sports? CERTAINLY wasn't an extreme amount of demonstrative behavior happening on the floor, especially at really young ages. Kinda feel like that's what the whole "sportsmanship" idea was all about. :lol:
This.

I don't know where ****** grew up or in what era when they say they used to do THIS kinda **** when they were kids :lol:

Just using myself as an example here...but I feel like I done played on/in enough teams/leagues/camps in my youth to confidently state that doing that kind of **** was frowned upon and scolded more than it was actually happening or was encouraged.

On the playground/lunch/after school environment is one thing. Actual organized and sponsored team sports? CERTAINLY wasn't an extreme amount of demonstrative behavior happening on the floor, especially at really young ages. Kinda feel like that's what the whole "sportsmanship" idea was all about. :lol:

Yeah I remember talking a lot. That's pretty much it. Got 3rd graders now making layups and busting out the end zone celebration

5JIco6.gif

Last edited:
You got kids B?

My 6 year old had a school assembly and these kids were breakdancing on the gym floor. doing whatever dance moves they do in NY drill music videos. Kids going to be kids.

This isn’t even misbehaving to me. Not saying you need to go full celebration mode every time you score though. And the parents are far worse in these settings.

yeah I don't,

maybe it's from the immigrant upbringing,
but I have never been in any environment where such behavior is tolerated.

No one tolerated it from me, and I would tolerate it from any child.

Why would you assume that when they are flagrantly disrespecting themselves and their opponent while being protected from the consequences by refs and coaches?

you are essentially, to modulate their principles based on their ability to avoid consequences.

tbh I wouldn't be as bothered by kids doing this in an informal pick up game.
at least you are exposed to the consequences.

but I see no benefit in telling children you can act like fool and disrespect people while hiding behind authority. it's encouraging cowardice.

:emoji_point_down::emoji_point_down:
Fam fast tracking them to juvie over the griddy
We’re about 4 posts away from calling those little hoopers thugs. Let them have fun. They’re just doing what they see their favorite NBA players do.

I'm glad you see it :smh:

I don't know where ****** grew up or in what era when they say they used to do THIS kinda **** when they were kids :lol:

Just using myself as an example here...but I feel like I done played on/in enough teams/leagues/camps in my youth to confidently state that doing that kind of **** was frowned upon and scolded more than it was actually happening or was encouraged.

We were 100% not doing any of that stuff when adults were around :lol:

Anything organized, that would get you benched

People trying way too hard to be "the cool dad"

like yes old school coaches took it too far with the zero celebrating,
but let's not swing wildly in the opposite direction.

This. I see way too many adults encouraging certain **** under the guise of fun.

One of the things that boggles my mind watching youth football teams....the coaches will have a bunch of 11 year olds coming out to their favorite unedited Baby Drill track as their hype music as they rap along "kill a ***** opp...drop a ***** top" while marching on to the field. As a 37 year old man...i would NEVER.

Gotta draw a line somewhere. Everything can't be just "kids being kids"

So you're ok with the increased number of serious injuries we're seeing in younger players?
Or how about youth basketball going from a low financial barrier of entry sport, to being pay to play for exposure?

If you can play, you don’t really have to pay like that. Last I checked, pick up ball was free. King of the court is still free. Elite kids don’t pay for exposure camps.

Back
Top Bottom