The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

you can't blame this poor behavior on AAU.

AAU has its pluses and minuses.

adults letting children act foolish is not one of them.

Whoa. Where did I even say anything about being black in my post? They talked about the griddy, juvie and thugs :emoji_thinking:Interesting leap there.

Im talking about having high standards of conduct for children.

you compared that to posts talking about calling kids "thugs" and wanting to sent them to prison.

I presume you were drawing a comparison.
if i'm mistaken you can correct me.

Don't let me have a son.... I'll be on the sideline like.

W9Tk.gif

He didn’t finish the drill dance. Don’t think little man was full on twerking.

The little kids from my daughters school though. He had all the drill dance feetwork. All because it was Friday

He didn’t finish the drill dance. Don’t think little man was full on twerking.

The little kids from my daughters school though. He had all the drill dance feetwork. All because it was Friday

I don't think he was either but some of the dances now be looking real... Funny. Any dance where you gotta drop down to your knees we not doing that son.

This entire conversation is also ridiculous because we know absolutely nothing about these kids other than that they are emulating what they see on YouTube and in the NBA. They could be honor roll students, young pillars of their community, heavily involved with the church and boy scouts.

I am not going to draw an definitive, overall conclusion about the conduct of a child in society based on what they do on the basketball court, let alone based on a few seconds of footage from a tweet.

Another symptom of Highlight Culture where people base their entire analysis on snippets which can be misinterpreted or taken out of context.

This entire conversation is also ridiculous because we know absolutely nothing about these kids other than that they are emulating what they see on YouTube and in the NBA. They could be honor roll students, young pillars of their community, heavily involved with the church and boy scouts.

I am not going to draw an definitive, overall conclusion about the conduct of a child in society based on what they do on the basketball court, let alone based on a few seconds of footage from a tweet.

Another symptom of Highlight Culture where people base their entire analysis on snippets which can be misinterpreted or taken out of context.

Who's doing this? :lol:

I assumed osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh because I keep seeing similar comments directed his way...and I went back and read his posts and not ONE TIME did he nor anyone else draw a parallel between their on court behavior and what they do in their community.

Ya'll are arguing against a point that was never made.

Another symptom of Highlight Culture where people base their entire analysis on snippets.

So kids mindlessly parroting the behavior of youtubers is something we should accept?
or as a responsible adult should you perhaps correct that kind of behavior?

if a child started repeating misogynistic rhetoric, and said "I heard it on youtube from Andrew Tate!"
would you than say,

"ha well as long as your one the honor roll, and your grades are good it's you do/say whatever you about women!"?
seems unsustainable to me.

also this is a strawman, no one is coming to a definitive conclusion about the children.
my judgment is reserved for the adults.

Yea Andrew Tate is another POS that's got a hold of these boys nowadays on TikTok and YT man :smh:

Had to check my nephew a few times recently over glorifying dudes like that and co-opting their rhetoric and catchphrases to be cool without really thinking about the garbage that these dudes push online.

That's how these grifters get so big and wide reaching, they push themselves as cool to young kids then start introducing their agenda under the guise of 'self-help' ****.

Who's doing this? :lol:

I assumed osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh because I keep seeing similar comments directed his way...and I went back and read his posts and not ONE TIME did he nor anyone else draw a parallel between their on court behavior and what they do in their community.

Ya'll are arguing against a point that was never made.

to be clear my judgment is for the adults.

kids behave badly all the time, they are kids.
it's the adults that look super goofy in those clips.

Back
Top Bottom