The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 not to pour salt in the wound after folks brought up the stuff about Jerry West telling Kobe not to come to Memphis and the Ja suspension but I totally forgot about the Grizzlies drama around the 2003 lottery pick. That Detroit trade was so damb dumb and the fact that the Pistons squandered it on Darko makes it even worse. Even if you retained the pick and didn't land #1, Jerry probably picks Wade and if he doesn't you still end up with a HOFer in Melo or Bosh because I am confident he wouldn't have picked Darko.

Horrible luck but hopefully Ja can get it together and turn it around because if they can lock in this team with the new CBA then you should be near the top of the conference with Denver for the next years.

Maybe the new CBA will help fix some things but y’all love to continue to enrich players who have shown you who they are. Zion, Kyrie, Russ, Harden, Beal, etc…

Maybe the new CBA will help fix some things but y’all love to continue to enrich players who have shown you who they are. Zion, Kyrie, Russ, Harden, Beal, etc…

Are you okay with teams openly deciding to tank and let their best players walk for nothing? Because that is what would have happened if Russ, Beal and Harden didn't sign extensions. Kyrie signed with BKN to lure KD. Zion is 22 years old and there is still hope. Plus 3 out of 5 got moved already (Russ and Harden traded multiple times) and Beal/Zion are on the block. All of those teams at least got or will get something in return so you can't say it's all bad.

Especially with the new CBA where a move for Beal could potentially hamstring competitors in the future if doesn't work out.

IMG_2088.jpeg

🤔🤔
Nike banking on Ja because they got rid of Paul Pierce and Kyrie's lines.

We know Zion ain't even on the court to rep his ish. I'm pretty sure his line is about to become the Banchero's soon. I know I know technically "Jordan Brand," y'all get what I mean.

Y'all got me
Nike banking on Ja because they got rid of Paul Pierce and Kyrie's lines.

We know Zion ain't even on the court to rep his ish. I'm pretty sure his line is about to become the Banchero's soon. I know I know technically "Jordan Brand," y'all get what I mean.

kobe-bryant-what.gif

Nike never missed out on any money with PP's kid's line sig shoe, man :lol:(I had the Uptempo Ultramatics and Air Sig Player which he heavily rocked doe :smokin)

bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 not to pour salt in the wound after folks brought up the stuff about Jerry West telling Kobe not to come to Memphis and the Ja suspension but I totally forgot about the Grizzlies drama around the 2003 lottery pick. That Detroit trade was so damb dumb and the fact that the Pistons squandered it on Darko makes it even worse. Even if you retained the pick and didn't land #1, Jerry probably picks Wade and if he doesn't you still end up with a HOFer in Melo or Bosh because I am confident he wouldn't have picked Darko.

Horrible luck but hopefully Ja can get it together and turn it around because if they can lock in this team with the new CBA then you should be near the top of the conference with Denver for the next years.

I had just got over that after we drafted Ja :rofl:

We fumbled the bag on so many drafts during the Heisley/Wallace days, it’s refreshing to have a good front office that understands player development.

As long as no superteams are forming, I think we are a few years away. Jaren and Bane are just scratching the surface and we just need Ja to get it right. Adding a 4th guy or a youngin on the team turning into a legit 4th guy will help.

Last edited:
Get Ja outta Memphis.

The city culture gonna eat that boy alive til there’s nothing left but a sad story.

The "Get ABC player out of XYZ city" is getting out of hand. Folks wanted/want Zion out of Nola like there is junk food everywhere. Now y'all want Ja out of Memphis because of the city culture like there aren't guns and violence in other markets.

Yes, they are 22 year olds with hundreds of millions owed to them before they 30 but where is the accountability? They have access to the best dietians, elite security, other players who have dealt with similar that could serve as mentors, etc. but we are supposed to believe it is the city's fault after repeated incidents and seasons of the same story? C'mon man.

Agreed.

Some of us also just wanna see the world burn so long as it’s not home.

Free Ja & Free Zion ✊🏾

Back
Top Bottom