The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Time to exhale famb. Better days are here

ezgif-1-ec049b4db1.gif
favpng_captain-america-vindicator-aurora-jean-grey-alpha-flight.png

Prepare for heartbreak.
My expectations were never that high for Team USA anyway. International competition is good now.

I’m always going to have muted expectations for American squads that: (1) are mostly new to international play and playing with each other; and (2) were not guaranteed to have the best player on the floor in every game.

Difficult to win when the opposing team scores timely threes and off broken plays.

It was over when Kuzminzczs or hit that crazy three off the strip. Clearly wasn’t team USA day. Lithuania just was balling and playing harder, and the basketball gods rewarded that

BI looks lost out there. That one turnover he made on that lazy pass was insane :lol:

My expectations were never that high for Team USA anyway. International competition is good now.

I’m always going to have muted expectations for American squads that: (1) are mostly new to international play and playing with each other; and (2) were not guaranteed to have the best player on the floor in every game.

imo the difference between the 200th ranked NBA player and like the top 100 guys in Europe is not that big.
The you add in:

-the different rule set,
-the experience and chemistry of most of the european squad
-less possessions = more variance
-and the crappier refs.

You really need to have an overwhelming talent advantage to really guarantee victory in a tournament.

I wonder why NT loves dogging RJ as if my son stole they ***** or something like that.

Keep that energy tho as he seems to thrive best when counted out.

Even worse from supposed Knicks fans but that’s another pathetic story for another pathetic thread.

I wonder why NT loves dogging RJ as if my son stole they ***** or something like that.

Keep that energy tho as he seems to thrive best when counted out.

Even worse from supposed Knicks fans but that’s another pathetic story for another pathetic thread.

Yep. Really at a stage where a lot of the rest of the world has really caught up. Especially if Team USA is sending new guys/borderline stars/entering stardom THAT HAVE NEVER TRULLY PLAYED INTERNATIONALLY WITH EACH OTHER. Sure, these guys have “some” international experience playing together in their youth, but that was for a few week/months when they were 17 or something :lol:. Other players, particularly in those Eastern European/Baltic and former Soviet areas been playing together consistently their entire lives. And now, their talent level matches too.

It’s really crazy we are here now, and overall good for the game. I need some of my Africans to reject their European teams, and play for their fatherland country. Especially someone like Giannis. Especially him. Big weight on his shoulders, but I think that would be monumental.

Kessler is one of the best paint defenders on the planet and Kerr has completely glued him to the bench. Has no clue what to do with young players.

Played 5 minutes in the first half with some really good possessions and then never saw the court again.
Timberwovles man, it’s just so damb frustrating

Kessler is one of the best paint defenders on the planet and Kerr has completely glued him to the bench. Has no clue what to do with young players.

Played 5 minutes in the first half with some really good possessions and then never saw the court again.

Steph Curry is INCREDIBLE

Slovenia might lose to Canada but they lucked out not playing lativa right now

Shame one of lativa and Germany will be eliminated before the semis. Two very cohesive units

German rondo still a menace with his attitude I see tho lmao

I don’t get it but I’m sure it’s hilarious.

USA basketball is heading in the wrong direction. Just have Spo coach and send Steve home. Size is what kills this team and when JJ can’t play without fouling you have to use Kessler

Back
Top Bottom