The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

You should tip for Togo depending on the location and set up. A Chinese takeout? Nah they're probably making regular wages.. same goes for the coffee shop. But at a bigger restaurant chain, Togo people are usually tipped employees, so they'll depend on those tips for their wages. Say what you will about the practice of tipping in America, but my rule of thumb is if the position is making an hourly wage, then no tip. If the job is tipped based like a server or bartender or specific Togo people, then tip.

At least for food service. Uber and barbers and all the other stuff is a different story.

Last edited:
IMG_6364.jpeg

Oh no. What will I do without my $40

Baller right here

One thing that has always irked me as a finance person - is the top supposed to be on what you bought or the total price after all the other stuff is thrown in?

Even if the service is absolutely terrible, I'm still tipping.

Servers have to tip out to bussers, bartenders, food runners, etc. at the end of the night. Your $0 tip as a radical **** you to the establishment means it actually cost your server money from their own pocket to wait on you for two hours.
If I’m sitting down anywhere for a meal, your baseline is 20%.

It takes a hell of a lot for me to drop below that. It doesn’t take a ton for me to feel like you deserve more than that.

I found my personal line in the sand when I had to have my garage door spring replaced. Independently owned business. One-man shop. Had the nerve to hand me an iPhone asking for a tip 😂😂 man g t f outta my garage and move along.

Back
Top Bottom