The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

385093756_697615112400885_3955864996049660264_n.jpg

Is Jrue Holiday being overrated at this point?

”Two unprotected first round picks” for a 33 year old on the downside of his career, poor playoff performances, and a borderline all star is a bit much. Hes a good regular season starter but idk.
It’s an arms race throughout the league. He was an all-star and first team defense last year. Fringe all-NBA. Fits seamlessly with pretty much any contender because he’d probably be coming in as a 3rd/4th option.

It’s an arms race throughout the league. He was an all-star and first team defense last year. Fringe all-NBA. Fits seamlessly with pretty much any contender because he’d probably be coming in as a 3rd/4th option.

which is exactly what you don’t need. You need one face of league level star , one legit all star, and then role players that are excellent in their specific roles

Idk his playoff #s are pretty bad. The only team I think that really should make a move for him is Denver to replace some of their key off-season losses.

Everyone else I don’t think he’d move the needle for as much as expected.

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
Boston the current favorites on DraftKings to land him.

They can do Brogdon/picks/multiple bench pieces to make the salary work. Portland can probably reroute Brogdon or just add a 3rd team.

I like Brogdon a lot but would have no problem doing it.

Boston the current favorites on DraftKings to land him.

They can do Brogdon/picks/multiple bench pieces to make the salary work. Portland can probably reroute Brogdon or just add a 3rd team.

I like Brogdon a lot but would have no problem doing it.
Uh, of course you wouldn’t have a problem :rofl:

So you’d add porzingis and get a better version of what you traded away to get him

That ain’t even fair lmao

Uh, of course you wouldn’t have a problem :rofl:

So you’d add porzingis and get a better version of what you traded away to get him

That ain’t even fair lmao
I mean it is kind of a lot of pieces and a major consolidation. Worth it though.

Could go get Bullock or somebody else with the Grant TPE to fill out the bench.

I mean it is kind of a lot of pieces and a major consolidation. Worth it though.

Could go get Bullock or somebody else with the Grant TPE to fill out the bench.
Assuming you keep white, that is a no brainer. Them other pieces wouldn’t be needed at all, prob just have to add one more body

Holiday
White
Brown
Tatum
Porzingis
Williams
Horford
Banton
Stevens
Whomever else is leftover

Crazy thing is that Baron was looked at as a basketball prodigy when he was still small and before he had come into his uber athleticism. He was playing Summer League for the Crossroads High varsity team when he was still an 8th grader. Was probably only 5'5" or so at the time. But just knew how to play. Very steady handling the ball and knew how to get to spots he liked. Didn't score a lot a that point, but capably played the traditional PG role against older, bigger guys (including me, LOL).

They maxed Jokic. They maxed porter. They maxed Murray

Plus Murray will be extended soon enough again

Plus they have Gordon in the 20’s

Holidays deal is more than both Murray and porters

If it were that easy every team would trade for 5 maxed out players

They done goofed

Don’t forget

You likely have to pay Holiday 40 mill a year next season.

Holiday is only owed ~$37MM this year and has a PO for ~$40MM next yesr. Even if he picks that up, as long as Denver can match the outgoing salary in a trade this year then they will be fine in 2024-2025 for his final year which he has hinted may be his final year before retirement for personal reasons. See below.
IMG_3029.jpeg

The problem is their payroll is currently at $175MM this season so I don’t really see a path to them getting the salary out to bring in Jrue but would need resident cap expert pmatic pmatic to confirm

Back
Top Bottom