The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Jrue for MPJ and a small contract works. Denver wouldn't do that unless MPJ was on some bull**** (plausible) though.

Exactly but I probably value Jrue more than MPJr but I’d take MPJr locked in for 4 years over 1-2 of Jrue, respectfully.

Probably would also need a 3rd team for MPJr because he’s not necessarily redundant to anyone the Blazers but in their shoes EYE wouldn’t sign up for 4 years of MPJr to pair with Scoot/Sharpe/Simons/Ayton/Grant (or whatever he turns into).

The focus should be on maximizing picks and now that I think about it, even with 3rd team sending picks, I’m not sure many teams are doing that for MPJr :lol:

Holiday is only owed ~$37MM this year and has a PO for ~$40MM next yesr. Even if he picks that up, as long as Denver can match the outgoing salary in a trade this year then they will be fine in 2024-2025 for his final year which he has hinted may be his final year before retirement for personal reasons. See below.
IMG_3029.jpeg

The problem is their payroll is currently at $175MM this season so I don’t really see a path to them getting the salary out to bring in Jrue but would need resident cap expert pmatic pmatic to confirm
Well, yes of course lol

I assumed we were not trading any of their core pieces in this hypothetical jrue to Denver deal

Can’t lie Jrue in Boston is a great pickup. Health is the biggest question mark but they definitely 2nd on the no excuses list

Back
Top Bottom