The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Dunking on someone who is trying to draw a charge shouldn't even count.

Contested against Giannis though... JT dunk was way better.

Also glad Memphis got stomped. I **** with Ja but all them boys are too gassed at present.

100% agree

Still impressive but when someone tries to block it and you still yam it >>>

1672083655332.png

Context:

Another "almost" dunk by Ja. :lol:

I keep seeing this said. Which is more proof that (even if it's subconscious)....the majority of people don't believe the Bubble was a real thing.

IDk man, people conveniently ignore or “forget” things all the time if it doesn’t fit their narrative. Unfortunately is really easy to discount Jokic’s WCF appearance and the Lakers championship in 2020 if that is your MO.

Prior to the hiatus the Lakers had the best record in the West over LAC by like 5.5 games and 7 over Denver. The idea that those teams all of a sudden got good and met in the WCF and the Lakers beat them because of the Bubble environment just isn’t true.

All to go home before the conference finals.
What year was he supposed to take them far? The year everyone expected them to take a leap (after the WCF appearance) is the year Murray went down. Then the next season Murray and Porter were out.

IDk man, people conveniently ignore or “forget” things all the time if it doesn’t fit their narrative. Unfortunately is really easy to discount Jokic’s WCF appearance and the Lakers championship in 2020 if that is your MO.

Prior to the hiatus the Lakers had the best record in the West over LAC by like 5.5 games and 7 over Denver. The idea that those teams all of a sudden got good and met in the WCF and the Lakers beat them because of the Bubble environment just isn’t true.

Or....it appears as if people GENUINELY keep forgetting that it happened :lol:

What year was he supposed to take them far? The year everyone expected them to take a leap (after the WCF appearance) is the year Murray went down. Then the next season Murray and Porter were out.
He’s won mvp the last 2 seasons and is 1-8 in his last 9 playoff games. I expect better than that at least.

Or....it appears as if people GENUINELY keep forgetting that it happened :lol:

:lol: Shrooms killing short term memories and ruining basketball discourse out here |l

Jokes aside, I get your point now. I think that is a symptom of folks always attempting to steer the narrative about players and teams they like/dislike. We saw it just 24 hours ago with the discussion about Russ/Harden. Most of the time the truth really is somewhere in the middle of the differing opinions in here.

Except for the discussion about how Luka needs to let Dinwiddie and Wood handle the ball more. Man was on a sinking ship then tried to getaway in the “I meant they should pick up the pace!” life raft :smh: :lol:

Who knows how the 2019-2020 season would have played out if the whole world didn't change right in the middle of it, but I think it's indisputable that was easily the best, most-talented, most well-balanced version of the Bron-AD Lakers there's been.

Getting bent out of shape about a guy losing playoff games to better teams with rosters that started Austin Rivers and Facundo Campazzo then featured Aaron Gordon as his only wingman is the height of stupidity and cherry picking.

Who knows how the 2019-2020 season would have played out if the whole world didn't change right in the middle of it, but I think it's indisputable that was easily the best, most-talented, most well-balanced version of the Bron-AD Lakers there's been.

I agree 100%….Which is why I can’t understand why they would try to change the recipe by bringing in Russ. I know the answer is LeBron but 18 months after trading for Russ, Rob and Jeanie decide to take a stand and hold off on making another trade even though Lebby/Klutch would favor that idea. Where was that energy in the Summer of 2021, man?

Yeah, some of them are just weirdos who need a crutch to lean on cause they have some irrational dislike for Lebby, so they will discredit every and anything during that season.

Last edited:
He’s won mvp the last 2 seasons and is 1-8 in his last 9 playoff games. I expect better than that at least.
He’s 28/13/6 on 52% shooting in that span. Pretty damn good. Have a hard time believing the team has that record in those games because of him.

Winning playoff games without several of your best players is tough.

Who was the preseason or early season favorites during the bubble year?
Lakers, Clippers, Sixers, Bucks, as I recall. Those were the teasms that Vegas gave the best odds to win it all.

But I think a lot of the pundits went with the Clippers. A lot of that was recency bias though, IMO, because of the dominant playoff run Kawhi had with the Raptors.

Back
Top Bottom