The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I actually like the Nuggets' roster construction (well minus backup center) all things considered. Frankly I'm surprised they've spent as much as they have because they were always trimming salary in the Melo years.

They'll probably lose Bruce Brown and Jeff Green after this season.

I actually like the Nuggets' roster construction (well minus backup center) all things considered. Frankly I'm surprised they've spent as much as they have because they were always trimming salary in the Melo years.

They'll probably lose Bruce Brown and Jeff Green after this season.
I just dont get looking at Jokic’s limitations and thinking and Aaron Gordon/MPJ combo platter at forward is setting anyone up for success come playoff time.

Nuggets as currently constructed should be able to have a good chance of making the finals if healthy.

I just wouldn’t take them over Boston or Milwaukee. Don’t think they can play enough defense.

If they catch the right match ups, and Murray and MPJ are healthy.

they can def outscore anyone.

PHX is a bit easier to play with CP3 on the back side. and if GSW is out, I think those are teams where Jokic presents the biggest problems.

I just dont get looking at Jokic’s limitations and thinking and Aaron Gordon/MPJ combo platter at forward is setting anyone up for success come playoff time.
I don't like MPJ at the rookie max when you didn't have to offer it right away, but I get wanting to keep the 6'9 20 PPG scorer. I keep waiting for Gordon to turn into a pumpkin, but with the Jokic and everyone back healthy, maybe this will keep up the way it was supposed to in 2021.

Boston might be tough also, but Tatum and Brown aren't really the strongest passers
so Nuggets might be able to survive with their usual playoff pick and roll defense.

Milwaukee I think is fine, less a risk of them going 5 out with no PJ tucker.

Honestly...it's strange to me how Joker will get all the credit for the wins but none of the blame for the losses.

It all comes down to the complimentary pieces. Who are just not championship caliber players.

Jokic shows up every playoff run. Same cant be said for his team.

Boston might be tough also, but Tatum and Brown aren't really the strongest passers
so Nuggets might be able to survive with their usual playoff pick and roll defense.

Milwaukee I think is fine, less a risk of them going 5 out with no PJ tucker.

I'm really curious about Boston's coaching in the playoffs...I feel like they have an unfair advantage with Brand Stevens still being there. It's kinda like having your boss giving you the answers to a test. lol

Would rather have someone like Wiggins than MPJ.

I think Wiggins wouldn't make a big enough difference on defense the way their roster is constructed.

At this point I think you gotta go all offense and try to outscore people.

If MPJ and Murray are right, that's the best offense in basketball by a mile.

I think what you really would want in an ideal world is a guy who can play power forward, protect the rim and gaurd perimeter players.

Like prime AK-47

Unfortunately I don't think that player exists right now.

It all comes down to the complimentary pieces. Who are just not championship caliber players.

Jokic shows up every playoff run. Same cant be said for his team.

Offensively, yes, I agree. How has Murray looked this year? Is he still working to get back to form?

I feel like on paper the pieces they have this year is better than when they made the bubble conference finals (minus a backup Center).

The biggest difference is Jamal Murray's health.

I think Wiggins wouldn't make a big enough difference on defense the way their roster is constructed.

I think what you really would want in an ideal world is a guy who can play power forward, protect the rim and gaurd perimeter players.

Like prime AK-47

Sounds like you just described OG. They don’t have a package to get him though.

The rumors of the package the Raptors are looking for OG are way overblown

Hes not better than Mitchell and he's not better than Dejounte Murray.

A package similar to Murray should be more than enough.

Honestly...it's strange to me how Joker will get all the credit for the wins but none of the blame for the losses.
I don't think that's true though. I don't recall him getting a special pass when the Nuggets lost to the Lakers in the bubble. All the Nuggets shared the blame for that.

But the last two season were different because they didn't have anyone even close to all-star level playing with Jockic.

1672078515687.gif

This is annoying, Kinda want all the Grizz to just stop talking now.

Like prime AK-47

Darius Bazley

6.3% block rate, switchable defensively, blocks dunks, and unlike Mark Diagonal I assume he wouldnt be asked on any other team to attack from the perimeter in a 5 out equal opportunity offense

Back
Top Bottom