The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I think as constructed they don’t have a significant number of options.

You can only watch the other guys hesitate to dribble or attack or literally do anything looking at the rim so many times.

When Spencer plays well, maybe. But I don’t think he’s a particularly strong transition guard, either.

Nobody else can or even wants to dribble outside Josh Green who was just now starting to have that light come on before he got hurt.

I didn't say change their entire offense if you simply read my original comment I said
"do a liiiiiitle bit more"
if you think that's a crazy comment, you must believe that there is literally nothing more that can be done and they are being used 100% optimally.
if so, fine I disagree.

my broader point is like the Russ MVP season, when the entire offense revolves around you in such and extremes way you can cannibalize some of the team's offense for your own production.

and so im not exactly surprised if guys skills atrophy when they rely on luka for literally everything.

During the Russ MVP year, people swore up and down Oladipo, Sabonis couldn't do anything, and they had to play that way.

Next year those guys left the team and it was instantly clear they could have done more.
Jalen Brunson was running a 20% usage until Luka got hurt, he proved he could do more. adn was at 27% for the rest of the playoffs.

you don't need to run pick and rolls for Reggie Bullock as some people idiotically suggested
to get them to be a little more effective.

and you don't need to be prime jason kidd to be effective in transition, transition attacks are higher efficiency than half court possessions generally.

but again if you this is the best they can do. fine.

I think as constructed they don’t have a significant number of options.

You can only watch the other guys hesitate to dribble or attack or literally do anything looking at the rim so many times.

When Spencer plays well, maybe. But I don’t think he’s a particularly strong transition guard, either.

Nobody else can or even wants to dribble outside Josh Green who was just now starting to have that light come on before he got hurt.

As I told dacomeup dacomeup - it’s not worth it bro. Just go read a book, watch some Netflix, have a drink and watch Nets/Cavs. Your energy could be better utilized

They do that in baseball with the Latin players
Miguel tejada did that
Won an mvp and cashed out
Later they found about him lying about his age and also popped for PEDs
On two occasions in my youth sports career - once in soccer and once in basketball - my team lost in the regional playoffs to a team that was later DQ’d for having multiple kids that lied about being within age limits.

Happens all over and for all kinds of stakes I guess :lol:

The points thing is a great accomplishment and testament to Bron’s longevity.

The argument could be made that if MJ doesn’t retire in his prime, or say is drafted in 2014 vs 1984, what would that change in the legacy? MJ said it best that it’s difficult to compare eras.

Bron still has a losing record in the finals 🤷‍♂️ Bron is more Magic Johnson MJ than His Airness.

Back
Top Bottom