The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

What line did you get?

BE187C90-3224-4511-8EEC-4D2FFB9BC457.jpeg
My dumb *** took his fantasy points so the turnovers ruined it. oops. wasn't thinking on that one

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
Depending on Tim to be a 3rd or 4th option on a team that's going anywhere is also nuts.

We can't ***** about not being able to improve the roster and also ***** about moving off contracts like Tim's or having concerns about extending Wood at a near-max kinda deal.

Anything I can do to create maneuverability right now is at a premium. I can find someone to give me 38/36 slash lines without defending or dribbling every offseason for less than $17m's.

Tim’s contract give the Mavs more flexibility as salary slot in a trade than punting him.

4B8BA752-0879-4E7A-8C13-FFE7C2CD84B8.jpeg

This “flexibility” you speak of doesn’t exist until 2024 and he’s an expiring at that point anyways.

Math is math and there is no roster building asset gained by making Tim’s contract vanish into thin air

You funnel Tim’s shots into Jaden and I guarantee you are you worst splits next year than Tim’s if he’s the 4th option

So the team ain’t better and you have no added asset, Cuban just saves money. Keep in mind you still need mutiple bigs if Wood walks and you still have no way to replace even Dwight Powell

Tim’s contract give the Mavs more flexibility as salary slot in a trade than punting him.

4B8BA752-0879-4E7A-8C13-FFE7C2CD84B8.jpeg

This “flexibility” you speak of doesn’t exist until 2024 and he’s an expiring at that point anyways.

Math is math and there is no roster building asset gained by making Tim’s contract vanish into thin air

You funnel Tim’s shots into Jaden and I guarantee you are you worst splits next year than Tim’s if he’s the 4th option

So the team ain’t better and you have no added asset, Cuban just saves money. Keep in mind you still need mutiple bigs if Wood walks and you still have no way to replace even Dwight Powell
Do you have the ability to re-sign Levert on a short term deal (1+1, maybe?) at slightly lesser dollars given the injury history and what the market is largely gonna look like? I don’t think that entire salary slot necessarily needs to just vanish.

Setting the financials aside - I think there’s plenty of basketball reason to make this move if you’re the Mavs - shifting Green into that starting role when he’s back and taking at least some of the load off Luka/Spence with another ball handler in that second unit.

The Green/Luka/Wood minutes have largely been their best runs all year.

Just no idea in a market with relatively little cap space league-wide what a Levert market looks like if he’s available. Can’t imagine it’s much.

RE: The SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr. and N41D N41D exchange. The Mavs are giving the Lakers a run for their money as “Worst Shoot Worked Into In The League”. Except one has an ascending star and another has one on the way out. Not to say Bron is washed, but based off that latest ESPN interview he has made it clear to the league that he will go where his son goes after the following next two seasons.

Based on what you’ve both said and provided, I think they need to do everything they can, even if it means keeping THJr, to provide Luka with all the cap space he needs until he can hit UFA in 2027.

Luka Doncic is Mark Cuban’s hostage.

I just don’t think the league’s top guys are going to be moving around via free agency like that in the coming years.

If somebody wants to go somewhere, it’ll be via trade.

I just don’t think the league’s top guys are going to be moving around via free agency like that in the coming years.

If somebody wants to go somewhere, it’ll be via trade.

EXACTLY. And won’t that FA market explode when that $75B+ deal closes? Chess not checkers.

The problem with playing the free agency game the next couple of years is the tv contract is on the horizon. Teams are going to pay an extra $3-4M now, so that they look good in three years. Same thing happened in 2014-2015 in anticipation of the 2016 tv contract/cap spike. So a player like LeVert that would normally get $12-13M, may end up getting $15-17M this summer.

The problem with playing the free agency game the next couple of years is the tv contract is on the horizon. Teams are going to pay an extra $3-4M now, so that they look good in three years. Same thing happened in 2014-2015 in anticipation of the 2016 tv contract/cap spike. So a player like LeVert that would normally get $12-13M, may end up getting $15-17M this summer.

I need you running my things over here. You get it :lol:

Do you have the ability to re-sign Levert on a short term deal (1+1, maybe?) at slightly lesser dollars given the injury history and what the market is largely gonna look like? I don’t think that entire salary slot necessarily needs to just vanish.

Setting the financials aside - I think there’s plenty of basketball reason to make this move if you’re the Mavs - shifting Green into that starting role when he’s back and taking at least some of the load off Luka/Spence with another ball handler in that second unit.

The Green/Luka/Wood minutes have largely been their best runs all year.

Just no idea in a market with relatively little cap space league-wide what a Levert market looks like if he’s available. Can’t imagine it’s much.

There’s more cap space in volume this year than last year. The full MLE is close to 13 million next year

The three-peat might really be on the way

Man has the numbers and proper seeding. Still a lot of basketball left to play but as of now it will be EXTREMELY interesting to see how folks vote.

I was unaware that the nuggets were the #1 seed in the west. Yeah he will 3 peat :smh:

Has the biggest market in the country behind him. Bright lights every night. Rabid fan base. He should be putting up wiggins numbers, B
Doesn't the fan vote only count towards starters? He's not getting more votes than Donovan Mitchell (heh) and Cryrie.

Then has to deal with Harden, Jaylen, Hali, Ice Tray, etc.

Back
Top Bottom