The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Doesn't the fan vote only count towards starters? He's not getting more votes than Donovan Mitchell (heh) and Cryrie.

Then has to deal with Harden, Jaylen, Hali, Ice Tray, etc.

I’m being facetious but you’d think a player with that backing playing this well would have more votes

Feel like there’s a lot of revisionist history around Jalen Brunson. No way was everyone saying the Mavs should re-sign him. Still heard “Luka needs help!!” every other game

Feel like there’s a lot of revisionist history around Jalen Brunson. No way was everyone saying the Mavs should re-sign him. Still heard “Luka needs help!!” every other game

That’s because people don’t understand basketball and because he wasn’t a lottery pick people hand waived how good he was.

If you have Luka Doncic + another human who can dribble and score.

you have at least a puncher's chance in every series imo.
it might have been slim, but not impossible to imagine a world where they made a finals run.

Getting rid of Brunson for nothing feels like one of the more indefensible moves in recent history.

If you have Luka Doncic + another human who can dribble and score.

you have at least a puncher's chance in every series imo.
it might have been slim, but not impossible to imagine a world where they made a finals run.

Getting rid of Brunson for nothing feels like one of the more indefensible moves in recent history.

We saw proof of concept in the playoffs last year.

You gained no asset by letting him walk or even cap space for 2 years and he’s probably better than anyone you might be able to get in 2024 either way.

**** trade him if push comes to shove.

I do think he opts out in 2025 so maybe he’s back then like every other target they bricked on

he was a UFA, you know this. If you’re talking about the initial deal they gave him then you’re now talking about someone who doesn’t even work for the franchise anymore
My understanding is Mavs could have retained him if they were willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom