The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

This man flailing now

cry-dont.gif
I gotta get these hot takes out before I give him his props :lol:

In all likelihood Bron's ending his career with 41K-42K points
That's insane and speaks to his incredible longevity as a peak performance athlete
Especially in a game that we've seen extract heavy tolls on other greats
1st in points and top 5 in assists is a unique thing I'm glad I witnessed and can tell future generations about
It's insane the history I've been blessed to witness. Mike, Kobe, Steph, Bron, I've been spoiled and I'm grateful

Shannon made a great point how Mike's L's are romanticized. Even though Mike did get criticized people don't put the extras on his playoff loses like they do with Bron.
When he had the opportunity to close, he didn't lose. You don't always have the opportunity to make it to the finals. No goat ever did. But only 1 goat ever when faced with the opportunity to win 4 out of 7 for a chip, won 4 out of 7 every time.

Once cats start using intangible things like "legacy" and the nostalgia of the 90's to justify their point I know it's a wrap.

Using feelings in a logical debate.
Says the guys that don't want to talk about the highlight of an NBA season.

I'm just curious ...

Lets take Jordan 4 best seasons where he won the chip and take Lebrons only 4 season when he won the chip and compare those numbers.

Everything else goea out the window.

Jordan got a lot of **** for the embarrassing why the Magic took the Bulls out in 1995.

His turnover was all over playoff promos the next year for the rematch

Im not going to take anything away from Lebron.

Dude has played for 2 decades has been consistent and is still going.

But dudes really want to act like Jordan didn't play 4 years in college, 1 year out for broken foot and 2 years retired during his prime. Total of 7 years of no NBA games and still 5 in scoring if thats the bar.

Those 3 years at a modest avg, would of have been 7k points probably more like 8k points. But would of have no part in this conversation.

Who is acting like Jordan didn't play college or take time off? That is literally the first thing Jordan fans bring up 😂

Now we're retroactively giving people points? "If this guy didn't take time off to relax and didn't get injured, he would have more points" 😂

Magic Johnson might have broken the all-time assist record if he didn't retire in his early thirties. Stuff happens.

What makes the all-time scoring record such an incredible achievement is that LeBron never stopped. He was able to avoid serious injury, never took any time off in the middle of his career. That's what makes it impressive.

Also, Jordan played 3 years of college, not 4. Plus it was Jordan's choice to play 3 years of college. He could have been one-and-done like Magic.

Last edited:
The wrongest person in any GOAT debate is the person who says
"it isn't close" or "it's not a debate"

it's obviously incredibly close, and of course it's a debate.

we can all come to our own conclusions about the guys in the top 4

But within the top 4 we are splitting hairs,
so it's obviously a debate.

Jordan got his revenge against the Pistons and Magic.

The playoff story with Jordan is just better/neater

I get why Jordan's playoff legacy is spoken about more favorably

Yeah but context for sure matters. People act like the Bulls weren't a championship caliber team WITHOUT Jordan.

They still would've been right back in the playoffs whether he came back or not. The best thing MJ did was timing his retirements. The narrative is never Jordan played on the best team, with the best supporting cast. It's Jordan the GOAT he won the rings.

Team accomplishments don't hold nearly as much weight in any other sport's GOAT debate but it does in basketball because the NBA and Nike need to keep Jordan on the pedesatal.

Once cats start using intangible things like "legacy" and the nostalgia of the 90's to justify their point I know it's a wrap.

Using feelings in a logical debate.
wym feelings? Legacy as in accomplishments in his career. What other player has such feats/accomplishments/championships as MJ in their career? It's incomparable. If you're talking just pure stats, yes there'll be a debate.

Who is acting like Jordan didn't play college or take time off? That is literally the first thing Jordan fans bring up 😂

Now we're retroactively giving people points? "If this guy didn't take time off to relax and didn't get injured, he would have more points" 😂

What makes the all-time scoring record such an incredible achievement is that LeBron never stopped. He was able to avoid serious injury, never took any time off in the middle of his career. That's what makes it impressive.

Also, Jordan played 3 years of college, not 4. Plus it was Jordan's choice to play 3 years of college. He could have been one-and-done like Magic
Exactly my point ... If Pippen this and Pippin that ...

Listen ... i stop talking about Lebron for about 3 years now. It does not matter bro. If he is some of your goats so beat it.

Yeah but context for sure matters. People act like the Bulls weren't a championship caliber team WITHOUT Jordan.

They still would've been right back in the playoffs whether he came back or not. The best thing MJ did was timing his retirements.

The narrative is never Jordan played on the best team, with the best supporting cast. It's Jordan the GOAT he won the rings.
The Bulls without Jordan was a playoff team, I wouldn't call them a championship level team

To me that is a stretch

Back
Top Bottom