The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The Process can only take you at some point. I wouldn't even say it's a recipe for success but a gamble within a top 5 pick. among those pick, only Embiid was able to meet expectations and by luck that Philly was able to get him since he was a redflag due to his then existing physical condition. the Cavs played safe with Wiggins due to his potential, same with the Bucks with Jabari. anyone here remember hyping Dante Exum in that draft? I would be so careful of drafting players from down under since they don't seem to meet that Top 10 expectation. not sure if any of those Process picks are generational talent that worth the gamble. maybe Embiid close to that but......

Process failed because of what the process was started for. It was started to get past the second round. They havent gotten past the second round. I mean I guess if they make it past in 2023 its technically a success, but it started in like 2013, and the whole point was that you were skipping the usual long peiod of waiting to get to your goal.

But Philly has a great team and I hope they get to the finals this year. Also hope UA comes off the Embiid II’s, lol. Signed Jo to a shoe deal like “Yeah, A shoe”. Mans been wearing the 1s since damn near before the Pandemic I think.

The Process certainly failed in the sense that it didn't result in ECF berth or a championship but if you think there is any other way the Sixers build a perennial contender without it in FOUR seasons then you have to be kidding yourself. They got 2 #1s and #3s in a four year span where they went best player available. Embiid was obviously a good but lucky pick and I can excuse Benjamin and Fultz at #1 but Okafor is what ****** them. The best player available was Porzingis but he said he would only play for the Knicks. The only other option would have been to trade down and the other bigs in the lotto were WCS, Kaminsky, Myles Turner, Trey Lyles. All things considered, it worked out over the years.

Some teams just have to be nontraditional with it until works out word to the Process and what we are seeing in OKC now.

That whole phase of slobbing hinkie was ridiculous. People acted like he invented losing

When were teams actively losing to accrue picks in that manner, though? I mean, the Lakers similarly accrued high picks during that time period (7, 2, 2, 2) and they intended to be competitive :lol:

We gunna see.

D*** shame what Jordan has done to the Hornets. We have great high school hoops, great college hoops and then our pro team is pitiful.

Cause of Jordan smh.

Every single time you turn on the sports network down there you’re going to see Vic’s face….

When you turn to see the kids in your classroom…..they’ll all be wearing Wembanyama jerseys with the big Jordan logo on them….

When the Jordan and Wemby commercials drop??? OMG - You’re going to be sick.

This might be your life for the next 15 years - I legitimately think you’re going to have to move.

Every single time you turn on the sports network down there you’re going to see Vic’s face….

When you turn to see the kids in your classroom…..they’ll all be wearing Wembanyama jerseys with the big Jordan logo on them….

Then when the Jordan and Wemby commercials drop??? OMG - You’re going to be sick.

This might be your life for the next 15 years - I legitimately think you’re going to have to end up moving out of there.

Fan fiction lmaoooo

B6748E39-C40F-4B45-AB37-F58133330385.gif

And you didn't think it was low-hanging rotten fruit when he was doing it as a Sixer. :lol:

A402D3C0-A4A1-4601-8EC0-DF6126233EDD.jpeg

35FB183B-5591-4F6F-A2AB-91CBA7B456EB.jpeg

91B1E7BC-FD02-4E0F-936D-2143B7CB3704.jpeg

4F43809D-E4DA-481D-921B-1D6DF984255C.jpeg

This a classic too

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 3.17.28 PM.png

spit-up-laughing.gif

He cared that year he was caping for himself to be DPOY too.

They got Embiid (#3) > Okafor (#3) > Simmons (#1) > Fultz (#1).

Folks may laugh at the results outside of Embiid but if you are not a top FA destination and you have to bottom out four seasons for picks like that then you do it 10/10.

Not to mention it took them from a ~34 win team to a 50+ win team by the time The Process was over. Had legit chances to make it to the ECF too in 2018 and 2019.

The Process was a success but THEY didn't like it so they had to change the lottery and blackball my guy Hinkie :smh:

Okay now let’s use this line of thinking when grading trades and FA singings. The KD/Kyrie nets worked.

How many picks did The Process end up hitting on? Was it only Embiid?
Benji barely but yes
Fultz (if the lakers can claim hitting the DLo pick, we can still claim Fultz)
Embiid
Maxey

Grant too technically

Maltese is what he is. Zhaire and the peanut. Jah was born 7 years too late

The dumbest thing the Lakers did was not hire Ty Lue,they pretty much had him and then they decided to lowball him.:smh:

Lue is better but I think Vogel was a decent coach.

But it’s LA.

You can get fired for anything over there even when it’s not your fault.

When were teams actively losing to accrue picks in that manner, though? I mean, the Lakers similarly accrued high picks during that time period (7, 2, 2, 2) and they intended to be competitive :lol:
Lakers weren't trying to compete man :lol:. That goes to the point, teams have always tanked but they just had some decency about it. Hinkie didn't do anything special other than drop the bar to new lows

Okay now let’s use this line of thinking when grading trades and FA singings. The KD/Kyrie nets worked.

Apples and oranges for several reasons. I'll just name the main two - different expectations and KD/Kyrie only played 74 games together out of a possible ~270. Granted, 72 of those were baked in due to KD missing the 2019-2020 because of his injury but 74 out of ~200 isn't much better.

They worked - when they played but that just wasn't often enough. Same could be said about PG and Kawhi probably.

Back
Top Bottom