The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

3uen2ceznl261.gif

I got my money on whoever is going against Doc

I understand it’s a different era. It’s great technology has improved and guys can recover faster and play longer. I also understand the average player moves way more than guys did in the 80s and 90s. And I’m not even a fan of load management like that either. Half of it comes from the organization but fans are so trained to blame the players when it likely not all on them. EYE know giannis and Jokic going to thug it out every night they can. Tatum has only missed 4 games this season. Dudes get mad at Kawhi and them but then want to fantasize about penny and grant hill as what could have beens

I’m THREE years younger than you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand it’s a different era. It’s great technology has improved and guys can recover faster and play longer. I also understand the average player moves way more than guys did in the 80s and 90s. And I’m not even a fan of load management like that either. Half of it comes from the organization but fans are so trained to blame the players when it likely not all on them. EYE know giannis and Jokic going to thug it out every night they can. Tatum has only missed 4 games this season. Dudes get mad at Kawhi and them but then want to fantasize about penny and grant hill as what could have beens

Big named guys in the 80s literally were playing 37-40 minutes per game.

Today’s stars play 30, 31, MAYBE 33 minutes per game. Steph Curry and Shaq both average 34 minutes.

In his PRIME Shaq averages more MPG than Steph.

Miss me with the “average player moves more now” these dudes barely playing 33 minutes a game

300lb Shaquille O’Neal played longer minutes than little ol’ 190lb Steph

Players don’t take the regular season as seriously as they did before . It would make sense for them not to give a single **** about the ASG . Since the media and fans in general have devalued regular season success .

Perennial playoffs team? I get that.

But BOTTOM tier teams definitely should take the regular season seriously. There’s no reason the bottom 10-15 teams in the NBA should not be taking the regular season serious. That’s the problem……

Big named guys in the 80s literally were playing 37-40 minutes per game.

Today’s stars play 30, 31, MAYBE 33 minutes per game. Steph Curry and Shaq both average 34 minutes.

In his PRIME Shaq averages more MPG than Steph.

Miss me with the “average player moves more now” these dudes barely playing 33 minutes a game

300lb Shaquille O’Neal played longer minutes than little ol’ 190lb Steph
Again. It’s way less movement. Especially on defense. Throw the ball in the post. Play 1 on 1 until a late double comes. Watch some film and see how basic these offenses were. You think Shaq is playing 38 minutes having to cover multiple pNR actions and make multiple efforts. Also y’all like to talk about the pace being up now compared to the good old days, again another reason why minutes are down.

these days you have to show on the screen, get back to protect the lob and then maybe have to chase a guy off the line all in the same sequence. You think mark Eaton had to move?

Again. It’s way less movement. Especially on defense. Throw the ball in the post. Play 1 on 1 until a late double comes. Watch some film and see how basic these offenses were. You think Shaq is playing 38 minutes having to cover multiple pNR actions and make multiple efforts. Also y’all like to talk about the pace being up now compared to the good old days, again another reason why minutes are down.

these days you have to show on the screen, get back to protect the lob and then maybe have to chase a guy off the line all in the same sequence. You think mark Eaton had to move?

…. But y’all have nicknamed dudes “Peleton Pat”…. Draymond Green doesn’t even look at the rim…

NT coined the phrase “he’s just out there for cardio” and, has given the label to a plethora of players but okay, you got it.

Now you’re saying guys in the 90s didn’t play defense? :lol: :lol: :lol:

…. But y’all have nicknamed dudes “Peleton Pat”…. Draymond Green doesn’t even look at the rim…

NT coined the phrase “he’s just out there for cardio” and, has given the label to a plethora of players but okay, you got it.

Now you’re saying guys in the 90s didn’t play defense? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peloton pat is out there trying to blow up screens. Draymond is the king of the multiple efforts. Those guys just aren’t shot creators.

Guys in the 90s played defense but the offensive schemes were so bland, it didn’t take the endurance that it does to today. Go watch the bulls/ jazz and tell me it was harder to guard John Stockton than it is to guard dame. Please report back.

And it’s not even about hating on an era because you’re a product of when you play. I’m asking you to look deeper than just “he played 82 games and 45 mpg, he must be tougher” when in reality Point guards had no sauce on a nightly basis and every team threw the ball into the post. Very little off the ball movement. Watch some tape. Dudes were barely closing out on Larry bird.

Jordan took entire seasons off, multiple times. But he get that ultimate competitor label. Yea aight.

I hope this is you joking. You do realize that for the 2nd 3-peat, MJ played all 82 games each of those 3 season, and all the games in the playoffs those 3 years.

Then his last season with the wizards, at 40 years old mind you, played all 82 games. He only played 60 the season prior due to having the tendonitis fixed in his knee. He never sat out a game because he always said that someone in the stands may only get one shot at seeing him ever and that's why he always played.

Plus, you know why he played for Washington right? Ticket sales & a way to generate interest in the team since he had a minor share in the team.

MJ was a hell of a competitor. Stone cold killer!! Way moreso than James will ever be. And that's a fact!

Back
Top Bottom