The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Acting as if Every Basketball player on the court nowadays is coming off multiple screens, or the average defender is covering & making up ground on several actions is dishonest as all hell :lol: .

This could all be so simple if people realize that these different eras are completely different games of basketball, with completely different skillsets & body types needed to succeed. And for whatever reason people conveniently leave out the EXTREME advances in science, preventive training, and just overall luxuries that these players have in order to keep their bodies in top tier condition & they still missing a quarter of the season. We could also talk about Teams barely practicing nowadays, compared to past eras where coaches were running full hours of practice consistently.

We not gonna sit here & act like the players of today are somehow going through some sort of rigorous toll on the body, that players of the past couldn't handle. We literally just saw a team rest players after being off a week & a half because their PRIVATE JET landed too late & it was too much of a risk to play...... :lol:

What if I told you today's players have been playing basketball year long since probably age 11. By the time they hit the league that have way more miles on their bodys than players of the past.

It's not just basketball either, it's across all youth sports.

Giannis has gained almost 60 lbs since entering the nba

Also i hate how much kids taunt and trash talk. Kats making wide open layups and shots then hunting for somebody to do a choreogaphed celebration dance for. Just get back on d

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
At least in terms of offensive games, seems like KD is a better comp for Vic than Gianny.

Well, he won't, so nothing for THEM to worry about.

Unless we get an owner that gives a **** and hires a competent GM in the next 2 years, and manages to convince the Bucks to give us Giannis because they take that much pity on us.

What if I told you today's players have been playing basketball year long since probably age 11. By the time they hit the league that have way more miles on their bodys than players of the past.

That's understood, that still doesn't just evaporate 30+ years of better sports knowledge, training tactics, injury recovery/prevention, etc etc

Like with most things about these generational arguments there's always another side that evens things out.

It's not just basketball either, it's across all youth sports.
I don't think that's a true measure. Kids may play more organized ball but kids today are way less active than in the past eras. Kids used to be outside for real.

Your right i'm sure mans was living the HiGH life once he got to the league
You’re cracking jokes but dude was picking shoes out of the trash can and stealing bags of water from the Bucks facilities. He was a different kind of poor.

He always played strong though. There’s a guy that bulked up in LA but he doesn’t have the same allegations

Also in regards to the Bill Lambier take from Gilbert Arenas... Why are we acting as if Professional athletes wouldn't adapt if the game called for it.

Funny Enough i just looked up the stats for their first 7 years in the league

Bill Lambier literally took three times the amount of 3Pt'ers Brook Lopez did & hit them double the amount of times ( 90 in 7 for Lambier, 31 for Lopez), The game changed and required Brook to change his approach & today he's known as a stretch 5 & taking 5 3pt shots a night :lol:

This belief that somehow All Star caliber players couldn't adapt if faced with a new game style is utterly ridiculous.

Kevin Harlan called a masterpiece last night in philly

just re-watched the whole game - maaan he made some great calls throughout that whole game

You’re cracking jokes but dude was picking shoes out of the trash can and stealing bags of water from the Bucks facilities. He was a different kind of poor.

He always played strong though. There’s a guy that bulked up in LA but he doesn’t have the same allegations

Steph "Different Kind Of Hate" Curry
Giannis "Different Kind Of Poor" Antetokounmpo

#THEAGENDA

For all of those who said it would end up differently when he was traded for Harden? Saying us Sixers fans didn't know what we were losing, that we were too hard on him and too critical, blah blah blah?! I hate to be an "I told you so" but here we are!!!

I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO!!! 🤷🤷🤷🤷

Ben Simmons will be out of the league in less than 3 years. Said that to friends after the trade. He has ZERO trade value now!! NONE! ZIP! ZILCH! NADA!!

He wants the NBA paycheck, live the NBA lifestyle (gotta see if he's posting any recent pics of his newest Ferrari, lol) but he ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT want to put in the work in the gym to be better! What a bleeping fraud!!! Serves him right!! His career is a wrap!!

I bet $100 Ben didn’t put up ANY resistance. Dude probably asked to be demoted with a big smile on his face.

Last edited:
Dame already setting up the “I played in Portland my whole career, in a stacked west how was I supposed to ever win? narrative” once his career is over. He ain’t slick.

Still a beast though:lol: :lol:

People always say "If you drop a player from a prior era in today's game" or "If you drop a player from today's game in a prior error but it wouldn't work that way in reality. Players today are products of decades of advancements in sports science, nutrition, training and equipment technology.

If you put a player like Elgin Baylor in today's game where he didn't need a job in the offseason, put him in a position where literally the only job he had since he was in middle school was playing basketball, strength coach, shooting coach and the latest basketball equipment, he would be dominating today's game. Baylor was literally dominating the NBA while also serving his country. Imagine what he could do if he was a pampered modern athlete.

It works in reverse as well. If you put today's athletes in a prior era where they didn't have modern shoe technology, no chartered flights, no shooting coaches and gave them jobs in the offseason they would struggle to play against their peers in the '60s and '70s.

Single biggest difference would be injury related. For example, the lower body injuries Steph Curry was able to overcome early on would have ended his career if he had those same injuries 50 years ago. Think about how much longer guys careers would have been with modern medical advancements and load management

People always say "If you drop a player from a prior era in today's game" or "If you drop a player from today's game in a prior error but it wouldn't work that way in reality. Players today are products of decades of advancements in sports science, nutrition, training and equipment technology.

If you put a player like Elgin Baylor in today's game where he didn't need a job in the offseason, put him in a position where literally the only job he had since he was in middle school was playing basketball, strength coach, shooting coach and the latest basketball equipment, he would be dominating today's game. Baylor was literally dominating the NBA while also serving his country. Imagine what he could do if he was a pampered modern athlete.

It works in reverse as well. If you put today's athletes in a prior era where they didn't have modern shoe technology, no chartered flights, no shooting coaches and gave them jobs in the offseason they would struggle to play against their peers in the '60s and '70s.

Single biggest difference would be injury related. For example, the lower body injuries Steph Curry was able to overcome early on would have ended his career if he had those same injuries 50 years ago. Think about how much longer guys careers would have been with modern medical advancements and load management

Still thinking about Dr J trying to say this man playing with Wilt and The Logo wasn't a super team :rofl:

il_500x500.2931632253_ld2t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom