The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Been knew the type Bill Simmons was

Simmons and the rest of the sports media was pretty harsh on LeBron for changing teams. But Rich Paul brings up good points that everyone is doing that these days. LeBron merely paved the way, and there was probably a race component to it too.

“I blame the people around him. I blame the lack of a father figure in his life,” Bill Simmons, then a leading columnist at ESPN, wrote. “I blame us for feeding his narcissism to the point that he referred to himself in the third person five times in forty-five minutes. I blame local and national writers (including myself) for apparently not doing a good enough job explaining to athletes like LeBron what sports mean to us, and how it IS a marriage, for better and worse, and that we’re much more attached to these players and teams than they realize.”

Paul saw this as condescension and worse. “That’s why I don’t speak to Bill Simmons,” he said. “A lot of that has to do with race, too. He wouldn’t have said that about Larry Bird. He wouldn’t have said that about J. J. Redick. You get what I am saying? ‘The Decision’ ten years ago is the norm today. It’s what everyone wants to do. Kids won’t even decide where they go to college without it being a big production, and Bill Simmons says some **** like that.”

Been knew the type Bill Simmons was

Simmons and the rest of the sports media was pretty harsh on LeBron for changing teams. But Rich Paul brings up good points that everyone is doing that these days. LeBron merely paved the way, and there was probably a race component to it too.

“I blame the people around him. I blame the lack of a father figure in his life,” Bill Simmons, then a leading columnist at ESPN, wrote. “I blame us for feeding his narcissism to the point that he referred to himself in the third person five times in forty-five minutes. I blame local and national writers (including myself) for apparently not doing a good enough job explaining to athletes like LeBron what sports mean to us, and how it IS a marriage, for better and worse, and that we’re much more attached to these players and teams than they realize.”

Paul saw this as condescension and worse. “That’s why I don’t speak to Bill Simmons,” he said. “A lot of that has to do with race, too. He wouldn’t have said that about Larry Bird. He wouldn’t have said that about J. J. Redick. You get what I am saying? ‘The Decision’ ten years ago is the norm today. It’s what everyone wants to do. Kids won’t even decide where they go to college without it being a big production, and Bill Simmons says some **** like that.”

Bill Simmons right at the top of my list. EYE have said it multiple times the vast majority of Bron hate is rooted in racism.

Once Rich drops the orders to put Bill Simmons in a wood we're spinning. Ja in the cut that's a scary sight, On King James.

Id hate on the sixers to if my squad was 4-16 last 20 vs them
Sit down.

No one in NY is concerned how the last 30, or even 50, games have gone against the 6ers.

Both franchises have the same number of ECF appearances since Jo entered the league so you really not saying anything here 🙃

RIP to one of the GOATs

RIP to a 🐐 indeed. Been addicted to this version as of late

IF knicks meet the sixers in the playoffs all ima say is put that MONEY UP

1k ill start at

crbvO2e.gif

Lol Simmons.

I listened to him this year weekly for nfl coverage

Never have I heard someone be more wrong than him. It felt like he was 0-200 or something on his nfl takes yet he speaks as if he’s 200-0. The worst kind of person

I used to listen to him until the one episode where he was convincing the audience that LeBron lost on purpose in his last year in Miami so that he can bolt to Cleveland. I took him off my playlist after that.

IF knicks meet the sixers in the playoffs all ima say is put that MONEY UP

1k ill start at

that will be so much fun. Embiid will destroy their front court while Brunson will destroy our back court.

Knicks fans are super entertaining and fun to root against (in the best way).

Mans jumping out the window right now.

Save your 1K.

Instead, cop a couple of courtside seats for said playoffs. Might be rubbing shoulders with the Philly elites; Kevin Hart and Meek.

Ill bet one year of not posting in the NBA or Lakers thread the Lakers will win the title this year, who is willing to put up posting ability in their 2 favorite threads?

Even if someone gets 7 rings as the star of a team, they will just move the goal post to Bill Russell. So predictable.

I’ve read before about really wealthy people spreading their money out among a lot of banks, but agree that number attributed to Yanni seems excessive.

Maybe one of our finance guys - Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio or @antidope can weigh in and enlighten us.

Most folks wouldn't recommend splitting money across several accounts. The only exception would be if it's a brokerage account or a fund account that yields investment returns.

For example, I have 2 main accounts. One for receivable and the other for payable. Then I have several brokerage accounts, funds, retirements, and an account just for principal investing. But let's say you have $1mm, it's not advisable to create 4 checking accounts with a maximum limit of $250k, just so you stay within the FDIC-insured threshold. The biggest reason is, checking accounts hardly ever yield anything. It's literally there for the bank to use at their disposal. You're far better off distributing the money where it'll work to earn more money.

I'm not an accountant or a Welath Manager, so I'm unfamiliar with the nuanced details. From my impression, it's more art than science.

Back
Top Bottom