The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

jmzxn7a5ozna1.jpg

two days in counseling and all is fixed. pretty insulting to regular people who go through similar situations that can devastate their lives. **** is jokes

this is combined pr moved aided by the nba/david silver to reap revenue off a star like ja morant come playoff time. nothing else

keep this nonsense out of basketball. it's the reason a lot of people don't watch football anymore

Last edited:
The NBA fumbled this in such a terrible way and it’s why athletes are viewed “above the law” by some.

The NBA either needed to suspend him indefinitely from the jump or tell the team to tell him to step away on his on. Somehow both happened :smh:

Why even announce Ja is going to an out-of-the state facility to get help, if he won’t even be there longer than a week. That’s information provided that honestly made us believe the situation was worse than perceived.

It feels like the NBA is trying to cater to both sides of public perception by “getting him help” yet “punishing him” at the same time.

Last edited:
As far as turbulence, a slight bump here and there is gucci.

Nothing worse than when the whole plane is shaking and rattling nonstop like it's about to disintegrate. :smh:
I was a little yout when I thought I was about to die on the way to Jamaica.

The shaking bounced me out my chair more times than I was prepared for.

Pilot got caught over the speaker cussing & such.

Might’ve peed my shorts a little too.

Idk, I’ve successfully blocked most of that experience from the memory bank.

As long as JA gets the help he needs than I am fine with the outcome. This young man needs help and ongoing counseling which I hope he gets. The desire to fit in is a real thing and is something we all go through. It takes counseling and understanding that you are more than enough to get through sometimes.

Ring culture has been a thing as long as I’ve been watching the NBA. I was born in the 80s so I remember people arguing who had more rings and was better when it was Magic vs Larry. When Money came on the scene the biggest knock on him was that he didn’t win any rings so he was below Magic and Legend. During the Bulls years the ring culture thing was downplayed because everyone knew that MJ ran things but when he retired the biggest knock against Ewing and the Knicks was that he should’ve gotten one when Money was gone. When Shaq and Kobe we're doing their thing is was all about rings especially when the debate was Money vs Bean. Ring culture caused GP and Mailman to chase rings in their later years.

An overnight stay in a counseling center and back to work on Monday does not sound like being set up for future success. But we gotta remember he's a breadwinnner for a lot of people professionally and personally. That's a lot of pressure on him to get back to work.

Hopefully Ja will realize how worse things could have been and can become. Everyone's had a reality check that felt worse than the actual repercussions. The trick is holding on to the feeling after it's gone and using it for motivation. There are myriad paths to self-improvement, consistency is the only requirement.

Back
Top Bottom