The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

If the Knicks had as many rings as the Lakers, there would be Knicks fans all over the US. Just look at the Bulls. They have fans all over.

Hell look at the Warriors in this thread. I see fans of terrible teams in here live vicariously through the warriors because their local teams suck ***.

It was a lot of 25 year old warriors fans in 2015.

I may be alone in this but in 2023 I think the idea that you have to have grown up in an area or currently live in an area to be a fan of a team is antiquated. It's be a player-centric league for over a decade (since Bron went to Miami and Steph Curry changed how the game is played IMO).
I don't disagree, but I do find it annoying how arrogant the bandwagon, out-of-area fans of certain teams get about being a fan of that team.

Man if Kawhi shot the ball twice and didn’t score in the 4th, you’d have a field day.

The fake Kawhi hate is ain’t even real with you.

You mean like Kawhi did in the 4th quarter against Denver in 2020? Dawg Kawhi's 1st team all fraudulent.

He ain did **** since joining the Clippers but be on Billboards and commercials with Jack Harlow. Would've never gotten that ring in Toronto if KD doesn't go down, and was a role player for his ring in SA.

Him and Jimmy same tier if not Jimmy being better.

So this is where we may have a different opinion. Technically, don't you want to see the Mavericks succeed if you are a Luka fan? Same for the next team, if he leaves, even if it is not the Knicks? Maybe not a "fan" of that team but I would think that you would root for them. That is what WASHED KING WASHED KING does.

On the other end of the spectrum I think there are people who grew up all over the country as Magic Johnson, Kobe, Shaq fans that became Lakers fans in the 90s and 00s then are now lifelong fans which I don't see a problem with. Contrary to what @sohi 23 said, I don't think there are Bulls fans all around in the country anymore. I think the Lakers are different because they have had the exciting players combined with team success for 40 years now.

I can separate the two.

Wanting to see a player succeed is one thing but it’s not even close to being the most important thing to me like it is Washed.

The most important thing to me is my team’s success.

Bruh got history back to 2018 in Laker thread. We see him.

Bruh I used to laugh at the Lakers “young core” guys a lot. I didn’t understand them or what they wanted.

They didn’t want LeBron. They didn’t want AD. That was funny to me no doubt.

You make those trades any day and it worked out.

It didn’t make Basketball sense to me why so many Lakers fan were against it.

I don't disagree, but I do find it annoying how arrogant the bandwagon, out-of-area fans of certain teams get about being a fan of that team.

This is a fair point of view. I think especially if you JUST hopped on a bandwagon. It is why I can almost respect that WASHED KING WASHED KING makes it clear he is rooting specifically for Bron and not trying to claim the Lakers. I just don't know what you do if you root for a player then they retire. I guess find a new player to follow?

ain't met a singular person not from the bay who is a Warriors fan & doesn't root for a million other teams "I just enjoy good basketball"

yeah-aight-blueface.gif

There is actually some truth to this, though but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of good team because they play good basketball :lol:

Man if Kawhi shot the ball twice and didn’t score in the 4th, you’d have a field day.

The fake Kawhi hate is ain’t even real with you.

If we being Honest Kawhi doesn't get nearly the hate he deserves. Man went on ONE championship run against a historically battered Warriors team & they started calling him the second coming of MICHAEL JORDAN.

Teams up with PG in L.A on top of what they said was the deepest roster in the league, Immediately adopts the Clippers stench & blows a historical 3-1 lead to Jamal Murray :smile:sick:smile: while scoring 14 pts in an elimination game.

Since then he's played 104/246 games, The Clippers have continued to go into Luxury Tax Hell to keep the team deep so this man could take vacay monthly, while the team hasn't surpassed more than 50 wins in 3/4 seasons.

We saw the slander Bron got for the Lakers crashing the past two years, KD got ran through the ringer for the Nets, but Kawhichael chooses to treat the NBA schedule like a part time In & Out Burger employee, play well for third of the season & suddenly people start acting like he coming off a threepeat again :lol:

Being quiet >>>>>>

Bruh I used to laugh at the Lakers “young core” guys a lot. I didn’t understand them or what they wanted.

They didn’t want LeBron. They didn’t want AD. That was funny to me no doubt.

You make those trades any day and it worked out.

It didn’t make Basketball sense to me why so many Lakers fan were against it.

Probably didn't want Bron because most of them were Kobe guys and Bron was his media-generated rival.

AD is kind of inexplicable especially if you already have Bron signed up. Brandon Ingram, Randle, Lonzo, maybe even Josh Hart don't become who they are playing with Bron anyway

I may be alone in this but in 2023 I think the idea that you have to have grown up in an area or currently live in an area to be a fan of a team is antiquated. It's be a player-centric league for over a decade (since Bron went to Miami and Steph Curry changed how the game is played IMO).
If that were the case I would have to live in almost every state and city in these United States and at least two Canadian provinces.

This is a fair point of view. I think especially if you JUST hopped on a bandwagon. It is why I can almost respect that WASHED KING WASHED KING makes it clear he is rooting specifically for Bron and not trying to claim the Lakers. I just don't know what you do if you root for a player then they retire. I guess find a new player to follow?
Seems like how it works. Check out freeze freeze and EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT as case studies.

Man, sorry QU!K QU!K but Toronto needs to free Siakim so he can get his flowers. Saw something yesterday that he hadn't received any All-NBA votes in the opening wave and he would be the first player to average 24/8/6 and not make an All-NBA. The disrespect :smh:
He’s already 2x all-nba

Raptors should have traded him tbh

Now they have to max him.

At least it won’t be a supermax now…

There is actually some truth to this, though but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of good team because they play good basketball :lol:

I've been rooting for Bron since I was 7. I'm 26 now.

Jordan fans ain stopped rooting for Mike yet.

You mean like Kawhi did in the 4th quarter against Denver in 2020? Dawg Kawhi's 1st team all fraudulent.

He ain did **** since joining the Clippers but be on Billboards and commercials with Jack Harlow. Would've never gotten that ring in Toronto if KD doesn't go down, and was a role player for his ring in SA.

Him and Jimmy same tier if not Jimmy being better.

I cooked Kawhi then. But we also saw Kawhi severely outplay jimmy head to head on a bad leg.

Kawhi got cooked for the bubble. Been injury prone since. Don’t compare him to the lebrons or the Steph’s of the world. But definitely don’t compare him to jimmy butler either.

Probably didn't want Bron because most of them were Kobe guys and Bron was his media-generated rival.

AD is kind of inexplicable especially if you already have Bron signed up. Brandon Ingram, Randle, Lonzo, maybe even Josh Hart don't become who they are playing with Bron anyway

And that didn’t make any objective basketball sense to me.

That was funny man. The internal Laker civil war during that time was hilarious. :lol:

Kobe shouldn’t have mattered. Putting your team in a position to win a championship should be all that matters - to every fan base.

I cooked Kawhi then. But we also saw Kawhi severely outplay jimmy head to head on a bad leg.

Kawhi got cooked for the bubble. Been injury prone since. Don’t compare him to the lebrons or the Steph’s of the world. But definitely don’t compare him to jimmy butler either.

What has Kawhi won as the guy with pressure? Nothing.

Jimmy and Kawhi same tier.

Once Bron is retired I get to tell everyone how the knew young superstars can't hold a candle to him no matter what they do, and I get to raise the standard each year.

Isn't that how it works?

Sure, let's say I acquiesce to this logic. What team/player will you root for? Most of the Jordan fans who you are passive aggressively referencing have all moved on. Where, or who, will be your new home?

Back
Top Bottom