The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

2016 was a rough year for me as a Sports fan.

Went from watching Atlanta lose in the Super Bowl, UNC losing off a buzzer beater.....but all was forgiven cause Lebron JAMES won the single greatest NBA championship of all time.

these younger kids are legitimately impacted by social media presssures that a lot of us older people didn't necessarily grow up with. i don't agree with the level of sensitivity, but i also think it's real. he's alluded to it many times in interviews

fine to criticize the situation and speak about how those issues affect his team, but to @ him directly is just harrassment imo. bad look

And I think people may be going overboard going in on a whole generation over stuff Ja and Zion have done.

Plenty of other guys in the league in that age range that don’t have weird drama going on.

Whoever gets the 2nd pick this year will be in better position long term

Zion oden Wemby

All oversized players.

See you in 4 years for the apology

Sad but surprising Raptors reddit going at Diar DeRozan.

If a 9 year old can disrupt your team like you have bigger issues.

Can only imagine how the discourse would if the Bulls played someone like Boston.
Are we surprised? They cheered when KD got hurt. Then tried to switch it up real quick.

I mean sure, mathematically they had shot but after the calendar turned to February they were never higher than 7th which was only for only a handful of days with the most recent being April 1st. As you alluded to, they went 2-2 (18 point L vs SAC and 5 L @ MIN) which is how they ended up in the 9-seed.

But that shouldn’t really surprise anyone. Last season when Zion missed the entire year, BI played 55 games and they acquired CJ at the deadline (played 26 games) they had a 36-46 record. They were 29-26 when Ingram played.

Fast forward to this season - through the first 37 games their most important player, Zion, plays 29 (BI played 12 with him and 15 total) and they are 23-14 (3rd place - 1GB from first).

Zion goes down and they go 3-8 without both of them and fall to to 26-22 (4th place - 8GB from 1st place). Lose their next 5 with BI back and go to 26-27 (11th place).

Finish out the season 16-13 after that to end up 42-30 in the 9-seed.

All of that is to say it is beyond evident that this a ~.500 team when led by just BI with two seasons of evidence to prove it. Yes, they had a chance to finish higher in the last week and a half but every game is a tossup when you are a .500 ball club and funnily enough they went 2-2 down the stretch :lol:

Whether we like it or not that has to be the expectation unless Zion is healthy and back to form or they trade him for a piece/pieces that can add value and stay on the court throughout the season.

One of them needs moar help because they
10-7 with just Zion, 16-17 when just BI plays, 7-5 when both play and 9-11 when neither plays.

I think you see where this is going but best case scenario they were trending towards being a 48ish win team this season and they had the worst case which left them 6-wins shy. All things considered, they ended up where they should have.
this is a perfectly fair assessment. And i don't hate the Pelicans by any means I actually like their squad which is partially why i feel like they should be better. idk, just feels like even considering injuries they have underachieved but as you've pointed out, maybe its just who they are. realistically it feels like they need a real PG instead of CJ

Playoff P mode was getting shots up and felt good
I think we might see him if this series goes deep
Game 2.

Depending how game 1 goes.

If clips take game 1. Likely still game 2, but possibly game 3.

If they lose game 1, 85% likely gives it a go in game 2.

Back
Top Bottom