The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I think it's safe to say that this series is probably the biggest for the Sixers since the process days.
  • This feels like the real Eastern Conference finals, and it's going to be a tough one.
  • Who knows what James Harden will do this offseason, we could end up looking like a completely different team next year.
  • It's going to take a lot to win this series, but if Doc Rivers, Harden, and Embiid can conquer their playoff demons, we'll be in a great position to make it to the finals.
  • This feels like the best path we've had since 2020, and I'm excited to see what happens but also nervous.
oh 100% ya no doubt for the franchise this is the biggest series for them, its a huge hurdle that they have been struggling to achieve

1. Very tough one I dont expect either team to walk over on eachother.. going to be some very very close final possession plays that will matter
2. yup all the smoke that been going on this season is interesting but thats something i will try to think about AFTER the playoffs or until we get eliminated but i dont knock anyone for looking ahead (thats not a sixers fan)
3. like you said in a previous post we going to need PJ to hit those corner 3s on the kick outs 100%, sure he gets off rebounds but to hit those 3s opens up the sixers offense completely for harden/embiid.
4. I 100% agree this is the best path esp with bucks out.. EYE am not worried bout knicks/heat tbh but id be lying if i said i wasnt nervous just from previous years/games playing the celtics they sure have our number no denying that

but ya overall i am very excited going into this round hobbled embiid or not ima continue hyping the squad up and let everyone know who it is i am rooting for

Gambling >>> Adultery

1682699424369.jpeg
bron lowkey always been a julz stan

oh 100% ya no doubt for the franchise this is the biggest series for them, its a huge hurdle that they have been struggling to achieve

1. Very tough one I dont expect either team to walk over on eachother.. going to be some very very close final possession plays that will matter
2. yup all the smoke that been going on this season is interesting but thats something i will try to think about AFTER the playoffs or until we get eliminated but i dont knock anyone for looking ahead (thats not a sixers fan)
3. like you said in a previous post we going to need PJ to hit those corner 3s on the kick outs 100%, sure he gets off rebounds but to hit those 3s opens up the sixers offense completely for harden/embiid.
4. I 100% agree this is the best path esp with bucks out.. EYE am not worried bout knicks/heat tbh but id be lying if i said i wasnt nervous just from previous years/games playing the celtics they sure have our number no denying that

but ya overall i am very excited going into this round hobbled embiid or not ima continue hyping the squad up and let everyone know who it is i am rooting for

Yup! Adding to the Bucks being out...I also feel that the Celtics with Joe are more vulnerable than the Celtics with Ime.

Excuse my ignorance here, but what would Gobert provide that Capela doesn't? Gobert is a marginally better player than Capela with a much larger and longer-term contract. Capela is already a free agent and Okongwo may be a better fit due to him being a more versatile defender.

I'd rather give Okongwo a chance as a starter and use whatever cap space they have to get more wing depth. Trade John Collins for Buddy Hield's expiring.

I'm not arguing for the Hawks...Im bringing it up for Minnesota's sake. :lol:

Like I alluded to previously, the Wolves are in a bad spot and have to get lucky with circumstances to get rid of Rudy. Hawks only brought up because you're swapping guys who aren't working out in the current situation and mostly because Quin coached and had success with Rudy in the past. Otherwise, there's no point to try the Hawks with it....that's if Quin would even want Rudy back. There's just not many options for the Wolves.

Good nba jobs rarely open up. Take what you can and hopefully, an organization gives you time to rebuild.
This is so true and even when the good jobs open up they are usually going to get the best available coaches out there anyway which may not be a coach that is out of work

Feel like Ime should’ve waited things out just like Snyder should have. Not sure why these dudes hopped on some of these jobs so quick.

I agree. The Houston gig is a weird one for him. And it's not like he isn't getting paid. I don't believe Ime was ever "fired" unless I am missing something.

Either way, Houston did well with hiring him. They NEED a no BS coach to break all their bad habits. Not Pay Tyus Jones to run the point and bring in a couple of vets and they'll be golden.

I'm not arguing for the Hawks...Im bringing it up for Minnesota's sake. :lol:

Like I alluded to previously, the Wolves are in a bad spot and have to get lucky with circumstances to get rid of Rudy. Hawks only brought up because you're swapping guys who aren't working out in the current situation and mostly because Quin coached and had success with Rudy in the past. Otherwise, there's no point to try the Hawks with it....that's if Quin would even want Rudy back. There's just not many options for the Wolves.

Ah that makes more sense lol

Rudy has 3 more years to his deal...I don't see him moving next year and I'm starting to hear the narrative that KAT, Gobert, Ant, and Conley didn't play enough games to gel yet. But even if you do move Gobert, what do you think your team's ceiling will be with KAT being your starting Center and #2 option? Would you rather trade him as well for depth, draft assets and flexibility?

Ah that makes more sense lol

Rudy has 3 more years to his deal...I don't see him moving next year and I'm starting to hear the narrative that KAT, Gobert, Ant, and Conley didn't play enough games to gel yet. But even if you do move Gobert, what do you think your team's ceiling will be with KAT being your starting Center and #2 option? Would you rather trade him as well for depth, draft assets and flexibility?

Moving KAT is only NT fodder right now. Naz would be the starting center and that combo of bigs (KAT/Naz) was more promising in the limited sample size. Still issues, but the starting 5 is much more fluent when Gobert is removed and Naz is in there.

The ceiling is pretty high. The only issue then becomes needing to fill out the 2nd unit. Slo Mo and Prince are good, but Naz was a big part of that units success. Nowell was a huge disappointment so he needs to go, McLaughlin regressed and wasn't ever very good to begin with.

And I like Conley, but I hated how they had to get older in order to try and salvage the Gobert deal mid-season by shipping out Dlo.

Unless they want to blow it up then just build up from ANT and Jaden, they unfortunately need to take some more hits and cut losses, which stalls the projection but that's what I think needs to be done because of the utter failure of the Gobert deal. And obviously they have extremely thin draft capital from said trade, so having to do this without parting ways with Naz or Jaden adds just another **** element to it all. :lol:

Yeah...they probably blow it up. :lol:

******* Rosas...I liked the direction he had, then Connelly came in and ****** it all up.

It's unfortunate how the brand got associated with rich white people. they've literally turned into a non-profit this year. There's some irony there.
Yeah I found this out recently as well. All I have ever known of the brand is finance bro sweater vests. The complete opposite of what that guy represents very funny.

Fraudman99 at it again. Bro is the worst.

Back
Top Bottom