The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

How hot of a take would it be to consider JB as more important to Boston's fortunes than JT?

We all know Tatum's the star and scorer but feel when Brown is on it, everything gets facilitated and works better for them
Obviously the best case scenario is for them both to play well, but the Cs rarely ever lose when Tatum is having himself a game. Doesn’t work quite the same when JB is on and Tatum isn’t.

IMO Harden's play might not even matter if the Sixers are missing the league MVP for Game 1 and potentially Game 2 on the road .

Everything indicated that Embiid will play game one. Doc is also notorious for keeping things hush and being vague to keep the opposing team on their toes.

Personally, I think it’s a stupid tactic but whatever.

The real question is if Embiid will need to wear a knee brace moving forward and what are the chances of aggravating the injury.

It’s different now, he’s not the go to scorer. He may even be the #3 scoring option after Embiid and Maxey.

He’s our facilitator so we don’t expect him to iso and take a gazzillion contested step back 3s. He’s minimized the foul bating (thank god) which typically bites him in the playoffs.

We do need him to make a damn layup tho…that’s my main concern with him. If he’s not a threat that way due to his Achilles, then we have a problem.
Yea he's a great facilitator but I think yall still need him to be a reliable scorer. If he's only giving you passing it's not enough when you factor in his defense. Wouldn't be so glaring if Tobias could step up but that's another guy you can't count on

Jordan getting caught gambling >>>>>>>>

Video of him snuffing Steve Kerr >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wouldn't have won as much imo. The pressure would've made the difference.
Gambling >>> Adultery

1682699424369.jpeg

I feel like if Quin Snyder would want Rudy back, John Collins is the only way the Wolves can get out from under the Gobert mess. Addition by subtraction for both sides.

Never understood the interest there. You’re running into the same problem. Collins most productive season was playing the 5. He’s horribly miscast as a floor spacing 4.

Yea he's a great facilitator but I think yall still need him to be a reliable scorer. If he's only giving you passing it's not enough when you factor in his defense. Wouldn't be so glaring if Tobias could step up but that's another guy you can't count on

Exactly. It is concerning that his averages were down in round 1, but we need him to be at least a threat to score via layups and mid-range, that will allow him to influence the defence and make better plays for Maxey and Tobias.

Tobias was excellent in Round 1 but you're right, you can't really count on him. Lastly, if Tucker can start hitting corner 3s again like he did against the Celtics last month, that's also another W. It's frustrating because we are not asking them to do something they've never done before, they're all capable of doing what's needed of them but it's still a lot of IFs.

Never understood the interest there. You’re running into the same problem. Collins most productive season was playing the 5. He’s horribly miscast as a floor spacing 4.

To be clear, I don't want Collins and I don't think he'd suddenly thrive or anything...it's to only get off of Rudy and you can start Naz going forward and unload Collins later.

Feel like Ime should’ve waited things out just like Snyder should have. Not sure why these dudes hopped on some of these jobs so quick.

It's tough. I definitely feel the NFL needs to chill with interviews during the playoffs but it is hard for me to say the same about the NBA because the draft is so soon after the finals end. Teams (especially the bad ones) probably want a guy in there ASAP and it is a risky gamble hoping a playoff coach like Hands in Pocket/Bud gets fired.

Speaking of Ime...it made me think of Nurse. Has anyone been linked to Toronto or are there strong/likely candidates?

Good nba jobs rarely open up. Take what you can and hopefully, an organization gives you time to rebuild.

trust me i been disappointed with the Philly Union, The Philadelphia Eagles and The Philadelphia Phillies within a 5 month span

sixers losing wont bother me one bit lol itll sting obviously because its 2nd round again but ehhh im alive and just having fun
I think it's safe to say that this series is probably the biggest for the Sixers since the process days.
  • This feels like the real Eastern Conference finals, and it's going to be a tough one.
  • Who knows what James Harden will do this offseason, we could end up looking like a completely different team next year.
  • It's going to take a lot to win this series, but if Doc Rivers, Harden, and Embiid can conquer their playoff demons, we'll be in a great position to make it to the finals.
  • This feels like the best path we've had since 2020, and I'm excited to see what happens but also nervous.

Maxey is the most important person this series. He’s struggled against the Cs the most.

Tobias only has one job and that’s to hold Tatum to below avg numbers as he’s done all season. Anything extra is a plus

I feel like if Quin Snyder would want Rudy back, John Collins is the only way the Wolves can get out from under the Gobert mess. Addition by subtraction for both sides.

Excuse my ignorance here, but what would Gobert provide that Capela doesn't? Gobert is a marginally better player than Capela with a much larger and longer-term contract. Capela is already a free agent and Okongwo may be a better fit due to him being a more versatile defender.

I'd rather give Okongwo a chance as a starter and use whatever cap space they have to get more wing depth. Trade John Collins for Buddy Hield's expiring.

Back
Top Bottom