The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Damn, just finished the second half. DLo was huge in the 3rd. Despite the Lakers best efforts to give that one away down the stretch, AD with some incredible defensive plays — blocks and altering shots. Vando and Bron had some big blocks too.

I think I would def take a shot at playing small ball if I were the Warriors. Problem is that I don’t even know if Dray has the legs to move like he would need to to truly make AD work. Worth a try though
If they go small that makes Wiggins or Draymond become a scorer and that makes one of them have to defend LeBron and the other defend AD

So you’re looking at either Draymond with 3 fouls in the first quarter or Wiggins fouling out early in the 4th quarter

Only way small ball works for the Warriors is if Ham matches it. If not, AD will feast on both sides.
I am ok with him getting his as long as the others are shut down. Dennis damn near shot as many fts as our team.
One of the worst gms we playes in awhile and damn near stole the gm

I’m still sticking with Warriors in 6 but the Lakers defended them much better than I expected. I don’t expect klay to shoot tour date numbers all series though.

Think the Warriors will stay big to start games. But I'm sure they liked enough of what they saw last night in the fourth that they will go small when it's nut-cutting time with Poole instead of Looney.

But that means Draymond has to anchor the defense, secure rebounds and run the offense. Could be asking a lot.

Eventually yall will figure out there's just nothing the Warriors can do :lol: . Every solution creates another problem

1683135923975.jpeg

This is the solution.

AND HE’S GIVING YOU 22/15 ON OFFENSE.

MIND YOU THIS WAS LAST WEEK:

APRIL 24, 2023.
All right. AD still isn't top 75. He's playing well. But top 75? Nah. I stand by it.

We can agree to disagree but I'm not rolling. Guy is riding Brons coattails to prosperity. Good for him but we gotta draw the line at him being one of the 75 best players ever.

Been harping on this for literal years in the UA thread. I don't get it. I don't know what kind of deal he has with UA, because what is he getting out of it?!!!

I remember when he first signed with UA there was all this talk about making a difference with the brand, going back to his roots and so forth...all those promises and talk while all we got out of it was one shoe and one shirt design...It's very disappointing and surprising in ways because outside of Steph, can you name another UA athlete on top of your head?

Here's the link: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24948240/why-joel-embiid-picked-armour-deal

Seems like it will be up this year :emoji_eyes:

Last edited:
D'Lo's boxscore looks mid but felt like he played better than that in the 2nd half with some clutch buckets (outside of that late airball)

this is third game this playoffs where he has took over the offense & kept them afloat during critical runs in the game. He isn't a consistent big time scorer, but when he gets hot it can cause real issues for the defense.

All right. AD still isn't top 75. He's playing well. But top 75? Nah. I stand by it.

We can agree to disagree but I'm not rolling. Guy is riding Brons coattails to prosperity. Good for him but we gotta draw the line at him being one of the 75 best players ever.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I respect your opinion, we’ll just have to agree to disagree because there’s nothing you can say that would convince me AD isn’t one of the greatest 75 players to play this game.

If they go small that makes Wiggins or Draymond become a scorer and that makes one of them have to defend LeBron and the other defend AD

So you’re looking at either Draymond with 3 fouls in the first quarter or Wiggins fouling out early in the 4th quarter
Crazy thing is that in the 3rd they went small and Ad was still altering everything and having them terrified of coming in the paint. I think they might’ve had GP and Moody in that lineup. AD basically makes that handoff screen from Loon/Dray a pull-up jumper because even Steph was getting his floater blocked. It’s tough if AD is engaged and playing like this

I def would just spam PnR with Steph to come out in Game 2. Need a back breaking performance from him. These guys shot 40% from 3 on 53 attempts and loss :lol:. I that doesn’t even sound right

Back
Top Bottom