The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Dub nation. Prepare yourselves. The end is near

1683143299120.png

I think it’s bigger than that though. You’d ideally want KD to be in that action and Joker ain’t guarding him. I’ll let Booker and KD mid range me to death and they’ll still win this series
if the suns are simply not good enough then that’s another topic

As far as what they can do to best win it would be to make Jokic move his feet on defense, work, tire out and potentially get into foul trouble

If anything else make the Denver defense shift and not just be able to guard 1 v 1
If Gordon is going to guard Ayton and Jokic is going to hide on the least threatening player (Okogie last game), that player better be ready to make a play in open space.

I think the Suns have the right idea to single cover Jokic. If he's going to obliterate Ayton one on one in the post, then there's not much they can do.

The last thing I will say about Poole and then I’ll leave it alone is that with the current brand of basketball where any three is a good three it is hard to demand that guys show discipline in their shot selection when that’s not how the game is played. IMO the step back three , the pull up from half court three, the fadeaway three and many of the shots that are so prevalent in today’s NBA are bad shots from a percentage standpoint. How many fast breaks have been ruined just in these playoffs where dudes will pull up from three instead of trying to get a layup (Fox did this multiple times)? Poole hit an equally deep three earlier in the game and was on fire last night. You have to take the good with the bad in today’s NBA. Watching Legs try to breakdown how Poole should’ve moved closer was informative but unnecessary. I’d argue that Klay takes more high percentage threes than Steph and Poole. I would also say that even though he makes them most of Steph’s threes are bad shots and have always been bad shots even when he was college but he makes them which speaks to his talent.

My first watch my first Wolex lol hes the best man

When I see stuff like this, athletes giving watches like a Rolex as a gift to another teammate its like, why? They probably have 10 already. Then you remember not everyone on the team is as wealthy as the giver (usually is a very high paid player). And if they are as wealthy, Embiid and Harden, then I remember not everyone is a watch guy. That Rollie may be his first one, and maybe the only one he’ll ever have (or now hes gonna be into watches some). Good gesture by Jim.

The last thing I will say about Poole and then I’ll leave it alone is that with the current brand of basketball where any three is a good three it is hard to demand that guys show discipline in their shot selection when that’s not how the game is played. IMO the step back three , the pull up from half court three, the fadeaway three and many of the shots that are so prevalent in today’s NBA are bad shots from a percentage standpoint. How many fast breaks have been ruined just in these playoffs where dudes will pull up from three instead of trying to get a layup (Fox did this multiple times)? Poole hit an equally deep three earlier in the game and was on fire last night. You have to take the good with the bad in today’s NBA. Watching Legs try to breakdown how Poole should’ve moved closer was informative but unnecessary. I’d argue that Klay takes more high percentage threes than Steph and Poole. I would also say that even though he makes them most of Steph’s threes are bad shots and have always been bad shots even when he was college but he makes them which speaks to his talent.

The only difference between a "good shot" and a "bad shot" now is who's taking it and if it goes in or not.

That one legged floater Steph took at the end of the Kings game was a bad shot too but I don't hear people talking about that.

so in other words...

Steph ruined basketball.
(not srs)

When I see stuff like this, athletes giving watches like a Rolex as a gift to another teammate its like, why? They probably have 10 already. Then you remember not everyone on the team is as wealthy as the giver (usually is a very high paid player). And if they are as wealthy, Embiid and Harden, then I remember not everyone is a watch guy. That Rollie may be his first one, and maybe the only one he’ll ever have (or now hes gonna be into watches some). Good gesture by Jim.
Cause it was free. Ain't no way Frauden paid for a Rollie for a dude he only played with barely a season.

Tim Legler broke down kiddie Poole's trash shot perfect.

Legler. :emoji_hugging:

You know this Lakers/Warriors series is big when ESPN has Legler out da basement doing the morning show circuit instead of his usual 3:00 am night shift Sportscenter.

so in other words...

Steph ruined basketball.
(not srs)
I don’t think he ruined it but some of these dudes/ladies taking these shots don’t always recognize that Steph is a generational talent that is a top 10 all time player (top 5 player on some lists) that isn’t some regular person with his shot making ability. I think because of his size people think that the shots he takes are good shots for them when they clearly aren’t. More times than not those shots taken by any player other than Steph are terrible shots. Caitlyn Clark (an elite shot maker) had an opportunity to really slice into LSU’s lead in the second half but she took a logo three and missed and the rest is the rest

I’d argue that Klay takes more high percentage threes than Steph and Poole.
Oh yeah that makes absolutely no sense. Poole, I’d agree with he takes bad shots cause he’s tryna be like Curry.

Klay taking higher percentage shots? 😐
IMG_4411.jpeg
IMG_4410.jpeg

MVPiid back in the line up doesn’t change much.
Celtics will over commit and double him which will leave 3 point shooters open again. Celtics went under screens all last game and it destroyed them.

Some teams would rather give up a wide open 3 than a contested 2 in the paint

Oh yeah that makes absolutely no sense. Poole, I’d agree with he takes bad shots cause he’s tryna be like Curry.

IMG_4411.jpeg
IMG_4410.jpeg

I mean it goes hand in hand but thats not a stat you pull up when saying “taking higher percentage” shots. Maybe theres stats to back this up but this really an eye test. Steph chucks alot of what should be low percentage shots for 99% of the league (for him its not). Klay seems to shoot more higher percentage, or in other words make-able shots.

I know there’s probably more to it, but in the case with the Celtics where Trae young hit the game winner then Harden; If these teams know they’re going to end up shooting a 3, why are they not just straight up on the ball handler’s face from half court? Why back up and keep giving them room for a 3?

IMG_4411.jpeg
IMG_4410.jpeg
What does career threes have to do with anything? Klay’s threes are more often than not regular threes (some contested, some not, some close to the line some a little further back from the line). Steph takes logo threes, one legged runner threes, fadeaway threes and he makes them because he’s HIM. When you don’t have his talent you shouldn’t be taking those kind of threes. Hitting threes is already a difficult skill to master but Klay takes more high percentage threes than Steph. I.e.. more regular dudes can make some of the shots Klay makes (he is still elite).

Back
Top Bottom