The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Honestly, he seems like a type of player who doesn't want the attention of playing In a big market or the pressure of playing on a title contender so Indiana is a good place for him. He just gets to cash his max paychecks and go home without any real expectations.

This tells you everything you need to know about Ayton. 😂

I agree with him.

At the end of the day the NBA is a business and for most dudes getting a second contract is hard, especially for MORE money than than the previous. To these owners you are a dollar sign and nothing more, they give zero ****s about you as long as you put butts in the seat. They will get rid of you at any time and those new team contracts become smaller and smaller until your no longer playing in the league.

Get your money, take care of your family. Opportunity of a life time.

Are the Nuggets expected to win a championship this season? If not then jokic has been amazing. If so then he hasn't done anything yet

Everyone was giving them excuses earlier this year saying that Joker has no help (which was always absurd to me).

I don't really know what the narrative us right now, but Joker is having an all time great playoff run and they've been the most consistent team.

I'd say anything less than a Finals run would be a disappointment.

Chris Paul going back to the Clippers wouldn’t be the worst idea. Apparently Westbrook isn’t returning so they’d need a distributor
I rather have Westbrook, lol, and that is saying a lot.

Plus by the sounds of Westbrook exit interview he's very happy here. What you hear different g?

I agree with him.

At the end of the day the NBA is a business and for most dudes getting a second contract is hard, especially for MORE money than than the previous. To these owners you are a dollar sign and nothing more, they give zero ****s about you as long as you put butts in the seat. They will get rid of you at any time and those new team contracts become smaller and smaller until your no longer playing in the league.

Get your money, take care of your family. Opportunity of a life time.

Nobody is disagreeing with him but saying that getting to a second contract is your definition of success (not being the best player at your position or winning a championship) is very telling. It's also interesting that he's willing to say this out loud; most people feel this way but wouldn't say it in an interview.

This just speaks to his level of motivation. I don't think he's a bad guy for wanting to maximize his earnings and take care of his family but if I'm a team who wants to win a championship, I would prefer someone who would at least say that winning is important to him 😂

Are the Nuggets expected to win a championship this season? If not then jokic has been amazing. If so then he hasn't done anything yet
If Jokic wins a ring you’re gonna have to come to grips with saying he did so with mediocre help

If he doesn’t win a ring then he’s somewhat excused because he has mediocre help

You took paint and chose a corner and I’m not sure wut the reason for that was

I'll admit it

The KD trade was a mistake. It only made sense to go all in this season if CP3 and Ayton were playing at their 2021 level. But they both washed

They would have been better off just tanking

I don't think it's a mistake quite yet.
The new CBA rules are gonna make it even tougher to build truly great dominant teams.

I think the quality of the average championship team. Is gunna go down a bit from what we are use to.

and imo Book + KD + Role guys who can shoot is enough to be contenders going forward.

Id rather have KD then go start rolling dice on draft picks hoping you get a guy good enough to pair with Booker.

Nobody is disagreeing with him but saying that getting to a second contract is your definition of success (not being the best player at your position or winning a championship) is very telling. It's also interesting that he's willing to say this out loud; most people feel this way but wouldn't say it in an interview.

This just speaks to his level of motivation. I don't think he's a bad guy for wanting to maximize his earnings and take care of his family but if I'm a team who wants to win a championship, I would prefer someone who would at least say that winning is important to him 😂
I get you g.

Son is motivated differently, or maybe he didn't understand the question, idk. I would of said a ring personally :Kanye shrug:

Just want my Nuggets to continue to fly under the radar. Keeps the players and the fans humble. Don’t know how far this squad can go but this season has been a success to me.

First 2 minutes is an insane amount of synergy and pinpoint accracy to the feeling in the city.

Always been a tenuous relationship but playtime is over.

Randle is an 82 game player, not a 16 game player. It's as simple as that 🤷🏿‍♂️

On a random regular season game, he can cause trouble but in a playoff series it's easy to game plan against him and he's not good enough to counter adjustments.

Bill Simmons brought up a good point that Julius Randall has some of the worst body language when things aren't going his way.

Best case scenario for him is to be traded to a small market, non-contender like Indiana or Charlotte or Portland. You can tell that the big market criticism is getting to him

I get you g.

Son is motivated differently, or maybe he didn't understand the question, idk. I would of said a ring personally :Kanye shrug:

Ayton wasn't to raised here in the US so maybe there's some cultural differences there where he thought it would be okay to be very blunt when talking about money but his answer does tell you about his mindset and priorities.

Usually when you were the best of your position and your team is winning the money comes with it so you don't have to worry about it.

Gained new respect for Book in this run. I’ll take him over Tatum and he’s prob the best American star of that generation

Yah i've been skeptical of Booker, but I think he's proved that his game is just more valuable in the playoffs.

lots of guys will put up more regular season raw total value,
but his particular skill set I think is just more valuable in the playoffs. Very Kobe-like.

If Jokic wins a ring you’re gonna have to come to grips with saying he did so with mediocre help

If he doesn’t win a ring then he’s somewhat excused because he has mediocre help

You took paint and chose a corner and I’m not sure wut the reason for that was
Mediocre compared to what? There's a 6 and 7 seed left in the west. An 8 seed and a 2 and 3 seed in a struggle fest in the east. They're the best team remaining. If the Nuggets aren't equipped to win a chip it's because their best player isn't good enough.

Big man Jordan Poole.
We always on opposite sides of the line. However can't lie that is the truth. In his defense he was trying to get out of Phoenix, and they was like nah get back here and suffer.
99% of the NT Devin Booker hate summarized...
Book.png
AND!!! Look at those trash Converse he cosigned on.

Back
Top Bottom