The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Mediocre compared to what? There's a 6 and 7 seed left in the west. An 8 seed and a 2 and 3 seed in a struggle fest in the east. They're the best team remaining. If the Nuggets aren't equipped to win a chip it's because their best player isn't good enough.

I respect how hard you are working to keep the narrative going. :lol:

Nobody is disagreeing with him but saying that getting to a second contract is your definition of success (not being the best player at your position or winning a championship) is very telling. It's also interesting that he's willing to say this out loud; most people feel this way but wouldn't say it in an interview.

This just speaks to his level of motivation. I don't think he's a bad guy for wanting to maximize his earnings and take care of his family but if I'm a team who wants to win a championship, I would prefer someone who would at least say that winning is important to him 😂
I think the biggest issue is that getting the second contract was his goal as THE NUMBER 1 PICK :lol:. Like you’re almost guaranteed to get a second contract. There was nothing in that about the type of player he wanted to be, hell winning ROY as a goal would’ve even been impressive

the Jokic doesn't have any help bus is already starting :lol: :lol:

He Had the Cinderella version of Jamal in the Bubble putting up 26/6/5 on 50/45/90 & still lost in 6 to the Lakers...

Annually in the WCF???? who said that??

Since ya'll don't count the bubble..... this is his first time in the WCF :lol:

now ya'll talking like he just won finals MVP, 2 time MVP (3 times in some eyes), labeled the best player in the world But i'm supposed to be impressed because he put up nice numbers and made a conference finals??

Who's really moving goal post here :lol:

This is Dirk Gasol first WCF, what is all the flexing about??? I just don't get it.

When other great players win MVP's the pressure to get a chip goes up. They want different rules.

1683908992838.png

Mediocre compared to what? There's a 6 and 7 seed left in the west. An 8 seed and a 2 and 3 seed in a struggle fest in the east. They're the best team remaining. If the Nuggets aren't equipped to win a chip it's because their best player isn't good enough.
Idk, I’m just going by what you called his supporting cast throughout the season. Did you not categorize them as such?

I don't think it's a mistake quite yet.
The new CBA rules are gonna make it even tougher to build truly great dominant teams.

I think the quality of the average championship team. Is gunna go down a bit from what we are use to.

and imo Book + KD + Role guys who can shoot is enough to be contenders going forward.

Id rather have KD then go start rolling dice on draft picks hoping you get a guy good enough to pair with Booker.
Window gonna be as slender as KD's build, but with this new CBA when you're all in, you're all the way ****in in.

I'd rather be all in with KD and the front runner than not.

PHX basically got absolutely nothing out of both CP3 and Ayton in a series against the 1 seed. I don't think Monty is all that great, but making him the fall guy for this isn't a great look.
funny how PHX players were talking smack against a hobbled Clippers.

the Jokic doesn't have any help bus is already starting :lol: :lol:

He Had the Cinderella version of Jamal in the Bubble putting up 26/6/5 on 50/45/90 & still lost in 6 to the Lakers...
Nuggets have 6 players averaging double figures. None shooting below 46% from the field. Brown the only one below 39% from 3. There's no reason they shouldn't make the finals and beat Miami or push Boston to at least 6 if not win

Playing why would he be playing for ANYONE next year, dude is done. Every year no matter the team same outcome. I don't get the feeling he would be the type to come off the bench either, have to figure out a way to save him for the playoffs. Place him in a stasis chamber for entire season.

Meh probably still get injured in the playoffs.
he might want to join Lebron with the Lakers. who knows? he might get a ring there.

This is Dirk Gasol first WCF, what is all the flexing about??? I just don't get it.

When other great players win MVP's the pressure to get a chip goes up. They want different rules.

Just continuing to dispel y’all false narrative that“Dirk Gasol” is just a “regular season player”.

Especially compared to the other big in Philly, who y’all claim is so much better.

Back
Top Bottom