The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

That is a fair take in terms of taking Lowry over Kyrie, that's just preference

But to say Irving's resume isn't HOF worthy is simply not accurate, judging off other resumes already in the HOF

Again, the HOF has nothing to do with "best leader" or "best personality" or "least team destroyer"

That team destroyer **** is the take Skip had on TO which kept that man from being 1st ballot. :smh:

Numbers and accomplishments are what fair voters look at for HOF. Leadership and off the court are excuses for people who have a grudge against said player.

Gobert is a HOFer with all those DPOYs the voters gave him. So to have Gobert in and Kyrie not would be an absolute joke. :lol:

Zach Lowe asked this question on his pod today.

Is Kyrie a hall of famer?

Although I wouldn't agree with it, he will most likely get in. It would be whatever the lowest tier of HoF is.

Without LeBron, his on court legacy would be that he plays teams to the bottom of the standing while putting up flashy moves.

His recent behavior might delay the HoF announcement by a decade or so.

It absolutely does not matter how you feel about Kyrie as a leader of teams, his behavior, etc. as it pertains to his HOF Resume

7x All Star is a 7x all star
4x all NBA is all NBA
ROY is ROY
An NBA Champ is an NBA Champ
A Gold Medal is a Gold Medal

Come on dawg he's a 1st Ballot hall of famer

Blows my mind Looney still can't get 30mpg, especially after his POST SEASON last year and the resting of Klay/Dray this year.

Dude was crazy for signing that 3/25

I don't think his body will allow more minutes than he's been playing season to season
this

he already had major questions regarding his hip coming out of ucla
dude looks like hes hurting everytime he runs up and down the court

That is a fair take in terms of taking Lowry over Kyrie, that's just preference

But to say Irving's resume isn't HOF worthy is simply not accurate, judging off other resumes already in the HOF

Again, the HOF has nothing to do with "best leader" or "best personality" or "least team destroyer"

You don't need to have a nice personality.

Like Dwight Howard should be a HOF

BUT I think it's fair to ask you to be good at helping teams win basketball games.

Kyrie is def getting in the HoF. He may be more of a HoF talent that HoF career though tbh.
He gotta put him in the hall

I really want to hear that acceptance speech

After going from Native American shaman, to Islam, then to Black Hebrew Israelite.

Give-and-Go Goebells finna pull up to the induction ceremony in a full Santeria fit, and let his haters have it

The world can't be denied of that

It absolutely does not matter how you feel about Kyrie as a leader of teams, his behavior, etc. as it pertains to his HOF Resume

7x All Star is a 7x all star
4x all NBA is all NBA
ROY is ROY
An NBA Champ is an NBA Champ
A Gold Medal is a Gold Medal

Come on dawg he's a 1st Ballot hall of famer

If he gets in on the first ballot they should burn the whole thing down tbh.

Although I wouldn't agree with it, he will most likely get in. It would be whatever the lowest tier of HoF is.

Without LeBron, his on court legacy would be that he plays teams to the bottom of the standing while putting up flashy moves.

His recent behavior might delay the HoF announcement by a decade or so.
If you gave Kyrie an All-NBA wing talent instead of LeBron I don't think it's unfair to think Irving still racks up those All-Star and All-NBA bids

Maybe not the ring but the Gold Medals and other stuff I think he'd still be able to accomplish

You don't need to have a nice personality.

Like Dwight Howard should be a HOF

BUT I think it's fair to ask you to be good at helping teams win basketball games.
That's fine but again, there's resumes already in the HOF that are less than Irving's

Your beef is with the criteria, I get that and I have my own gripes with who's in there too

You cannot leave Irving out if those other guys are already in

They should have been burned down the hall, but Tracy McGrady was a first ballot Hall of Famer as a 7 time all star with no rings or gold medal no game 7 NBA finals shot, no game 5 in the finals, and like, never getting out of the FIRST ROUND

Come on man
Prime Tracy McGrady is way way better than Kyrie.

The nastiest part of situations like these is that the people that supported and played devil's advocate for Kyrie buffoonery don't like that Kyrie conceded he was wrong

I'm gathering that some of the people you're talking about didn't like that the acceptance of responsibility became more of an issue of semantics. It's not that they didn't like that he conceded, its the way in which he was forced to make the concession. His second concession, mind you.

Obviously can't speak for EVERYONE (you're right about a portion of people), but if we're being fair, the issue with the way Kyirie first addressed the incident was that it was not worded in a specific way.

I can't think of any other sports related examples where a player's initial attempt to address a wrong (where there was an expression of being contrite) was met with a suspension and ban, with their return to play contingent upon using specific phrases to appease a certain group of people.

If there was such a case can you remind me of who was involved?

That is not the point looool

He literally made it 1st ballot without winning a round

Kyrie may have the greatest shot in NBA history :rofl:

Do you think prime Tracy McGrady couldn't have made that shot

If LeBron brought him to the NBA finals?

Back
Top Bottom