The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh always said people around here liked to discredit people's talent as soon as their character flaws were exposed.
I'm not discrediting his talent.

I'm simply looking at the record.

Most of the teams he plays on are bad. Fact.

The good teams he was on don't seem to play worse without him. Fact.

He has personally destoryed multiple franchises. Fact.

The one defining trait that people are hanging his hall of fame candency on is the fact that he won a chip.

WITH MAYBE THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

That's his candidacy. Forgive if I find it un impressive.

Being the lead offensive player on a team that was mid on offense? Plus Rip was the better offensive player
That era of basketball saw Antonio Davis, Zydraunus Ilgaskus, Dale Davis, Jamal Magloire, Chris Kaman, etc make all star games.

Eastern Conference ball in particular was regular to see 68-72 final scores

Skip gets credit from me only on serious social matters bc he's a white man speaking out against OTHER white men (usually) on behalf of injustice done to people of color. Props for that.

Homegirl police officer in Dallas shot and killed a black man (Botham Jean) in his apartment bc she thought it was her apartment. At the sentencing, Jean's family approached her and hugged her and forgave her. They forgave her for murder. Not words or a link to a book. But actual murder.

You know who else hugged and forgave her? The judge. You know who else offered support? The officer in court. All black btw.

EF6goWjUUAE0uQ0.jpg

I have yet to see anyone of any other faith, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, step up and put their arm around Kyrie and say "I forgive him" or "Let's move on."

Somehow, I see requests of the black players to comment on the topic which has proven to be a literal fireable offense. :lol:

But yet some people stay preaching about "love your neighbor". Yeah, ok. :lol:

Those photos disgust me

He’s a career 47/40/88 guy. Is that really his principle talent, personal feelings aside?

I mean the goal is to win basketball games. If you compile numbers and it doesn't seem to help you other than with LeBron. It seems like that's more important than the proximity to the arbitrary 50/40/90 line

I'm not discrediting his talent.

I'm simply looking at the record.

Most of the teams he plays on are bad. Fact.

The good teams he was on don't seem to play worse without him. Fact.

He has personally destoryed multiple franchises. Fact.

The one defining trait that people are hanging his hall of fame candency on is the fact that he won a chip.

WITH THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

That's his candidacy. Forgive if I find it un impressive.

AYE YOOOOOOOOOOO OSH SPITTTTING

200w (2).gif

Basically the best case against Kyrie is that he played alongside LeBron
So if we fast forward, do we say the same about Anthony Davis? Or Kevin Love?

Kyrie did his thing prior to Lebron coming back to Cleveland. Kyrie was one of the reasons he went back. Andrew Wiggins was not.

I mean the goal is to win basketball games. If you compile numbers and it doesn't seem to help you other than with LeBron. It seems like that's more important than the proximity to the arbitrary 50/40/90 line
It's not though, winning isn't the end all to getting in according to whom the voters already let into the HOF

I don't know why you're ignoring the landscape of the current HOF'ers and making up your own criteria

Mitch Richmond played on mid teams his entire career. We can’t discount Kyrie’s team success in a team sport because he played with the greatest player of an era.

It's not though, winning isn't the end all to getting in according to whom the voters already let into the HOF

I don't know why you're ignoring the landscape of the current HOF'ers and making up your own criteria

What the **** did Tmac win to become a 1st ballot hall of famer if the goal is to win games man cut it out lol

Look I've always thought add up the accolades to be the lowest form of basketball analysis.

And the HOF as is currently constructed is basically based on that.

So by that standard yes Kyrie is a hall of famer.

The problem is that standard is stupid.
And the Kyrie case just makes it really obvious.

Look I've always thought add up the accolades to be the lowest form of basketball analysis.

And the HOF as is currently constructed is basically based on that.

So by that standard yes Kyrie is a hall of famer.

The problem is that standard is stupid.
And the Kyrie case just makes it really obvious.
That's all you had to say though lol

As the Hall is currently constructed, Kyrie is absolutely a HOF'er. Which was the initial question

All you had to say was, the current HOF criteria is wack and you don't think Kyrie should be in

What the **** did Tmac win to become a 1st ballot hall of famer if the goal is to win games man cut it out lol
His team were terrible without him.

Kyries team seem to get better or performe basically the same with him on the court.

Tmac helped bad teams win way more games than they had any right winning.

Kyrie basically did the opposite.

I’m to the point I really don’t give a **** who’s in the Hall of Fame (really any hall of fame) or who’s not. More than anything, I associate them with being the subject of lazy fodder for talk shows and podcasts.

I know getting in is still a big honor for the people who do and that’s cool, but I personally don’t care.

I think Bomani asked the question.

Are we sure Bron still even wants Kyrie?

After have to scrap and put out a statement on the Shop episode with Kanye, Kyrie is getting that same type of bad rap. We know Bron cares about his brand above all.

On on the basketball side of thing, Kyrie really has been playing basketball part-time at the same rate as AD for the past 2 years.

Reactions: DLF
Back
Top Bottom