The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Murray is gonna Murray but he’s getting good looks. And he’s going to continue to get those in Jokic PNRs. And he left A LOT of food on the table last night with his playmaking.
Absolutely but consistency has always been his issue. And on the other end he’ll be guarding the ball every possession.

His points o/u is 25.5. Gotta take the under

@sohi 23

I come in peace. I come in peace

What adjustments are being made for game 3?
Start Rui/Schroder in place of Vando/D'Lo.
One of Reaves/D'Lo should be on the floor at all times.
Get AD shots in front of the rim. If he shoots baseline or wing, it's a fastbreak the other way.
Less Bron on Jokic defensively because it takes too much out of his legs.
No more one pass away digs when Jokic is posting up.
Need to hunt Murray more in the fourth.
RUN BACK ON DEFENSE.

Played well for ~40 minutes, then the levee broke with bad shots and hot shotmaking from Murray. :smh:

Thinking about it more, I kind of get why Mike Malone seems to have a chip on his shoulder. His team cruised to the number 1 seed in the West and the most national media attention that really got was anti-Jokic MVP campaigning.

Nuggets have to be one of the more overlooked/ignored one seeds ever. I understand why, but I can also see why it would be irritating if you’re in the organization.
Clear as day why he’s doing it. Same reason why he calls timeouts super early.

You gotta push buttons as a coach.

Thinking about it more, I kind of get why Mike Malone seems to have a chip on his shoulder. His team cruised to the number 1 seed in the West and the most national media attention that really got was anti-Jokic MVP campaigning.

Nuggets have to be one of the more overlooked/ignored one seeds ever. I understand why, but I can also see why it would be irritating if you’re in the organization.

I like the coaches showing personality same as I do with players.

Take the bulletin board material and attack it.

The caveat is you have to win (or come close).

They've also been the 1 or 2 seed for about 5 seasons with not much to show for it in the playoffs.

Start Rui/Schroder in place of Vando/D'Lo.
One of Reaves/D'Lo should be on the floor at all times.
Get AD shots in front of the rim. If he shoots baseline or wing, it's a fastbreak the other way.
Less Bron on Jokic defensively because it takes too much out of his legs.
No more one pass away digs when Jokic is posting up.
Need to hunt Murray more in the fourth.
RUN BACK ON DEFENSE.

Played well for ~40 minutes, then the levee broke with bad shots and hot shotmaking from Murray. :smh:

Rui is guarding who in this lineup?

Going to be interesting to see what Bron’s legs do on short rest and traveling.

Denver needs to limit the role guys and hope to tire out bron. Make him the primary scorer all game. Reduce fouls, crash boards, and run off missed shots

Lakers should not panic. They played well the last two gms except for bad stretches. Ham needs to call his timeouts quicker. Settled for way too many threes

I think we grt another good one in GM 3

We was talking about who’s the goat a few days ago with a group of friends, and someone said “you know who should be brought up in the goat discussion? Dirk Nowitzki”

I almost shot him 💀
**FIXED**
Can't even call him your boy no more talking that nonsense.
Murray is gonna Murray but he’s getting good looks. And he’s going to continue to get those in Jokic PNRs. And he left A LOT of food on the table last night with his playmaking.
He can certainly can get hot thinking about that series him and Mitchel traded 50 point games. Just need to lock in and hit big shots when he has good looks and playoff Jokic.

I've learned by the earlier portions of these playoffs not to doubt the Lakers, but in addition to looking dead tired, LeBron also rolled his ankle pretty badly when he stepped on AD's foot late in the 4th last night. That could have some lingering effects on him and the team needs him to be really good, if not great, to win.

@sohi 23

I come in peace. I come in peace

What adjustments are being made for game 3?
The biggest thing is they have to balance maximizing their offense and handling who switches on Jokic through screens.

He’s a legitimate center. He’s out of their weight class. Bron battled fatigue switching 1-5 in that Pacers series almost a decade ago now. Asking him to do it at this point while still playing 43 minutes is just ridiculous :lol:

And that’s what makes this a tough matchup. Vando can’t switch onto him either, isn’t bothering Murray in PnR so he has no purpose here. Give more of his minutes to Rui & Lonnie, which significantly helps your offense.

On the other end, even with AD on him but especially on the switch you have to show Jokic a crowd, which means you have to pick 1 Nugget to ignore, which will leave you exposed when they have all of their shooting on the floor & their spacing is proper.

With all that said though, Denver’s execution often leaves a lot to be desired. They were dead in this game until Murray got hot with some questionable shot selection.

So I think you throw out your best offensive lineups all 48, make Murray guard the ball often, mix up your looks on Jokic and make Denver execute.

So basically, just stay the course :lol: Minor adjustments are less Vando minutes & making a conscious effort to sprint back in transition defensively.

The biggest thing is they have to balance maximizing their offense and handling who switches on Jokic through screens.

He’s a legitimate center. He’s out of their weight class. Bron battled fatigue switching 1-5 in that Pacers series almost a decade ago now. Asking him to do it at this point while still playing 43 minutes is just ridiculous :lol:

And that’s what makes this a tough matchup. Vando can’t switch onto him either, isn’t bothering Murray in PnR so he has no purpose here. Give more of his minutes to Rui & Lonnie, which significantly helps your offense.

On the other end, even with AD on him but especially on the switch you have to show Jokic a crowd, which means you have to pick 1 Nugget to ignore, which will leave you exposed when they have all of their shooting on the floor & their spacing is proper.

With all that said though, Denver’s execution often leaves a lot to be desired. They were dead in this game until Murray got hot with some questionable shot selection.

So I think you throw out your best offensive lineups all 48, make Murray guard the ball often, mix up your looks on Jokic and make Denver execute.

So basically, just stay the course :lol: Minor adjustments are less Vando minutes & making a conscious effort to sprint back in transition defensively.
You're telling me a Bron-Rui-Vando-Lonnie-Schroder lineup isn't productive to start the fourth quarter of a close playoff game?

Not to mention that virtually no one in the Media had them as favorites to win anything.

They've also been the 1 or 2 seed for about 5 seasons with not much to show for it in the playoffs.
This is disingenuous to me and a lot of people use it.

They were taking those couple of losses in the semis and conference finals that every young team does before you get over the hump. Then Jamal Murray doesn't play the last 2 postseasons.

This should be acknowledged when you make those statements.

All that money and Jamal Murray can’t get a line-up or fix his teeth :lol:
I know for a FACT BK has some nice barbers. Yet
KD.PNG

Nuggets adjustments, Kenny

IMG_6335.gif

Agreed. The nick wright/club shay shay angle also holds weight as you pointed out.

I also feel like media ideas from the "big guys" sometimes are pirated by other smaller media personalities and outlets.

Back
Top Bottom