The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

He got hurt in... JANUARY.

Pelicans missed the playoffs the year before when he got traded.
True. But my point still remains- AD thrived with Boogie in thr lineup next to him. Why you think the Lakers signed Boogie to begin with? Problem was he kept getting hurt.

And again, my point: AD has been at his best when he played next to Javale and Dwight, and that's the ONLY TIME AD ever won a chip. There is no denying this.

Gonna be crazy when the Sixers rebuild around RJ Barrett and Maxey.
Knicks ‘fans’ really don’t like RJ & its gotten quite disgusting.

I’d expect the foolishness from other fanbase pansies but NYers gotta get out the way first.

they've earned it over the last few years.
This year is clearly different. Healthy team (didn’t have Murray since the bubble), number 1 team, handled both teams they played so far in the playoffs. I’m not saying the Lakers can’t win the series still but it seems like some here are giving the Nuggets no chance even though they won the first two. People still seeing it as positive games for the Lakers even though they lost, it’s baffling. As this series stands right now the Lakers have a lot more to prove than the Nuggets do, it’s their backs that’s against the ropes and not the Nuggets’.

Didn’t think the Lakers would win this series, but that one was there for the taking well into the 4Q. Bron’s 3s and AD missing middy after middy was brutal. Especially with what they were getting from Rui and Reeves.

Lakers have to use their depth to their advantage.
Need role players to play well at home. Nuggets haven’t been able to gaurd Rui or Reaves. They just need 1 more role player (Dlo or Dennis) to perform.

Nuggets are running a 6 man rotation basically. Braun and Uncle Jeff aren’t providing much. I feel like the nuggets are the fresher team, but we have more depth and can take advantage of that in games 3 and 4. Tire them out as the series goes.

Thinking about it more, I kind of get why Mike Malone seems to have a chip on his shoulder. His team cruised to the number 1 seed in the West and the most national media attention that really got was anti-Jokic MVP campaigning.

Nuggets have to be one of the more overlooked/ignored one seeds ever. I understand why, but I can also see why it would be irritating if you’re in the organization.

This is true. The Nuggets post Melo have been a weird team for the National Media to cover. This speaks to how dynamic Melo was and how his personality and game raised the profile of the Nuggets. This was only amplified when AI came to town. Back in those days we even had a NT Nuggets section where blazers21ntnp blazers21ntnp , executive76 executive76 and myself would post about the Nuggets.

When Melo left the team was still decent, but the star power went away and most of their games weren’t on TNT or ESPN. Part of the reason Denver traded for Iggy was to get some of that star power back. I don’t blame anyone for not following them or gravitating to teams with more star power and brand recognition . The Nuggets in their current form are a watered down version of the 90s Utah Jazz teams. Not nearly as successful as those Jazz teams but very similar. Two teams led by unassuming guys with games that are not super flashy. If the Nuggets could be consistently great as those Jazz teams were I consider that a success

Back
Top Bottom