The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Anthony Davis had 40 points in game 1…after being the driving force behind why the Lakers were even in the WCF.

But Lebron decides to play every minute of the game, and score 40 points in game 4, sweep Lost…

And it’s all on AD :lol:. Yikes

That duo's been putting together an All-Time and historic postseason but it's seemingly more fun talking about the play-in squad they beat than giving them their flowers :lol:

So the Lakers lost to a Superteam

200w.gif

Anthony Davis had 40 points in game 1…after being the driving force behind why the Lakers were even in the WCF.

But Lebron decides to play every minute of the game, and score 40 points in game 4, sweep Lost…

When you've got 4-15 and 6-15 nights sandwiched in there during winnable games that kind of impacts your chances greatly especially when the other teams stars are playing out of their mind.

AD had a good run overall but it's gonna be hard to overlook the shrinking in the moments they needed him the most when he's supposed to be the guy and have the keys...

We've been killing other superstars, who have also had big nights, for the exact same reason this playoffs, it's no different here.

AD's my guy but he's not the type you can rely on to take you to that next level even though he's capable of it in spurts. It's why he's so frustrating. He's got all the tools to be a Jokic/Giannis

Wut :lol:

Why bring lebron into this dude is like 40 years old lol

All we wanted was for Davis to not go ghost on offense

The series loss isn’t really all on him but it’s one of the glaring factors

Nuggets really just that good anyway though, it might not have even mattered

Blows me away how Laker fans have been able to tolerate Lebron fans infecting their franchise. Seeing fans root for the Lakers and slander Kobe to prop up their hero is wild to me. I dont know how true fans of that team do it.

It’s not that hard. It’s only basketball.
Internet analysis is all trolls and jokes.

The Lakers have one of the largest fanbases in sports. We have a lot of stupid *** fans. The **** is expected. We also have hella smart fans. Just gotta know where to look.

I thought AD could overtake Jokic this series, I was dead wrong. But I’m a fan and that’s what needed to happen for the lakers to win the series. **** just didn’t go down like that lol.

I do think if Jokic and AD swapped teams, Jokic would still win.

I also think that Jokic/Nuggets taking the last month of the season off while the Lakers basically had must wins games for 3 months straight played a role in the series as well. Lakers were just gassed out by the end.

Murray definitely having his coming out party for the general public, he's fully healthy rn and having a postseason for the ages playing a giant role for the clear title favorites.

Gotta be the most impressive run by a no.2 we've seen since Myrie 2016

AD is a great defender, but IMO, with Joker and Murray essentially able to do anything they want all series long, that great defense by AD holds less and less weight. Offensively he had 2 complete stinkers. Far more important.

If we want to hold him to the absolute highest standard in the league, he deserves to be criticized as such.

AD is a great defender, but IMO, with Joker and Murray essentially able to do anything they want all series long, that great defense by AD holds less and less weight. Offensively he had 2 complete stinkers. Far more important.

If we want to hold him to the absolute highest standard in the league, he deserves to be criticized as such.
Pretty much.

Like if we want to call him one of the best in the world when he plays up to his potential, which I'm always for when he shows it, then he's gotta be judged by that standard in his off moments especially when they come during important and high stakes moments.

Nuggets really just that good anyway though, it might not have even mattered

Because people are legit blaming Anthony Davis…for losing to the better team, with the better player :lol:

When you step back, it’s nonsense. He could’ve been better on O. It wouldn’t have mattered much. Cuz the Lakers got something out of everybody but Dlo & Vando. Actually pretty balanced. But the other team just executed better, had the better players…and beat ‘‘em in transition in crucial stretches and fresher legs.

But people are “Blaming AD For not carrying Lebron”…I mean, you can look through this very thread, or pay attention to the National media. That the topic.

I’m not even criticizing his defense. I just want him to not shoot 4-15 in game 2 and then not to put up 2 in a close out 3rd quarter game. Especially after watching a 38 year old unload clip.

2 games shooting under 40% against what y’all keep telling me was a team that couldn’t defend isn’t acceptable to me.

Apparently that's too much since he's having to be Hakeem on defense even though Joker was cooking his *** so we had to through Rui on him. It's simple, AD had way too many of those G2 type efforts over this playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom