The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The minutes he played they weren’t negative or positive in the box score. He grabbed 1 rebound in 10 minutes. And as soon as they put him in actions, it got tough.

Impact bigs do make a difference. He just ain’t one of them.

You keep bringing up the clippers like their 2 best players are ever healthy. Be for real.
You must not believe in the eye test.

The fact that you're severely discounting TT's contributions let's me know that a) you all about stats, and b) you don't watch the game

Why don't you pull up thr stats for all those undrafted players that Miami signed who make up the majority of their Eastern Conference Champuon roster lol

The point: TT made an impact in the very few minutes he played vs Denver, suggesting he deserved more minutes in this series. Ham missed it, and so did all y'all naysayers.

TT at his old age of 32 was an Impact Big in game 4. Period.

Tristan too small for jok. Nugs run two man or just jok back him down.
He did allow AD to rest, but if you say he was going to be an impact big, that is cool

So Denver is talented out enough to “figure out” Rui after G1 but they would have trouble with a guy who hadn’t played basketball in 13 months
Yup, Rui is a "rookie" in playoff basketball who ain't used to guarding centers. TT been guarding and bodying up centers in the playoffs for a long long time. Huge difference my friend.

TT is a seasoned vet who been there done that. He knows how to play against a team like Denver and what the Lakers would need to be more effective against them.

That's why he thrived in his minutes last night

Whatever adjustment Denver would've made, TT would've countered cause he been there before.

But that's beside the point.

The POINT IS, the Lakers needed to Go Big against Denver in order to win just like they did against them in 2020.

Go Big. Go Big. Go Big. I will say it til y'all eyes get red. Robert Horry has echoed my sentiments and been saying the same thing on Access Sportsnet too. Who you rather believe, a guy who won 7 rings playing next to Shaq, Dream, Duncan or a few stat geeks on NT who started watching the sport in 2005 :lol:

Last edited:

They should. Why not. It would be fun for all. Two best guys of an Era going for it together after spending so long pitted against each other

Eat your heart our NT

This just a taste of how TT could've made life much easier for AD and the Lakers had he played since game 1

Before y'all misinterpret...i aint saying TT is stopping Joker. Nobody can. But TT makes it a little tougher on Joker, whivh allows the others to defend much better as a team.

if you know NBA playoff basketball, you know.

More of what TT brings, this time PNR on offense. Did Rui or Vando do this in the series? LOL

More examples on a defensive minded big's effect on Jokic

Yup, Rui is a "rookie" in playoff basketball.

TT is a seasoned vet who been there done that. He knows how to play against a team like Denver and what the Lakers would need to be more effective against them.

That's why he thrived in his minutes last night

Whatever adjustment Denver would've made, TT would've countered cause he been there before.

But that's beside the point.

The POINT IS, the Lakers needed to Go Big against Denver in order to win just like they did against them in 2020.

Go Big. Go Big. Go Big. I will say it til y'all eyes get red. Robert Horry has echoed my sentiments and been saying the same thing on Access Sportsnet too. Who you rather believe, a guy who won 7 rings playing next to Shaq, Dream, Duncan or a few stat geeks on NT who started watching the sport in 2005 :lol:
At no point in his career has Tristan ever played against a center like Jokic, much less on the wrong side of 30 after 13 months of not playing at all.

He’s much more likely to get injured after being thrown into the conference finals ice cold like that, than having any sort of impact.

Bigs will always be important, but the game has shifted and defensive responsibilities have changed. Tristan is at a disadvantage at this point in his career.

Tristan is at a disadvantage at this point in his career.
That's not what TT showed last night. TT proved to all y'all naysayers that he can still play effective big man basketball. You can't deny what you saw from TT last night.

He was ready to battle and that's thr only thing that counts.

Vando's minutes shouldve all gone to Tristan from thr start. I was sayng this before the series started, that I expected TT to play solid minutes the entire series.

But of course, Darvin a rookie coach so I'm not surprised he stuck with the same lineup he used for the most part vs GSW

Had TT been used in Game 1 we would've seen more of what we saw last night from Thompson

Back
Top Bottom