The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Media can’t talk about you if you don’t give them anything to talk about. Again hopefully he figures stuff out
Leon the Don did. Media been mad ever since but they’re easing up on the vitriol. Showing and proving helps a lot more than talking in any case; especially when they’re outlets actively trying to tear you down.
Ja’s responsible for his own actions but his only victim so far has been himself…. I don’t have the appetite for the blame tour. It’s sad. Media and fan excoriation is not going to change his behavior when he’s dealing with substance abuse problems and hasn’t acknowledged it yet. Man has to get there on his own timetable.
And he doesn’t get a pass for childhood trauma because this wasn’t life. I get being young but the NBA does its job guiding rookies, protect their stars to the best they can, cater to their egos/needs and the man still can’t get his **** together.

They bemoan that RJ is still inconsistent on the court 4 years in. He’s not getting the he’s only 22 pass tho. Ja faking the funk off the court 4 years into the league …
He riding that one lucky Boston chip to his grave
He had a good coaching staff and 3 of the 75 too. Very good supporting cast for Glenn.

I understand him not openly admitting the alcohol, but really hoping he gets it under control.

This has always been the case because many people in Memphis have been around Ja since he entered the league. Most will tell you he’s not the same guy. All this stuff really happened after his 3rd season.

I wass going to inquire about this...when people talk about Ja Morant having a substance abuse problem are they referring to alcohol? Or are they talking about other hard drugs?

Guess it depends on your definition of major.

GettyImages1330091918-1-b6d38b40-aff9-4855-b19f-10b9c02ff1fe.jpg

I am assuming this is 2010. What was the trade?

Raptors trading for Gasol

This is a tough one because he had an impact but that year was the beginning of his decline so it's hard to say. It's one of those scenarios where I wouldn't use my energy to argue against it.

I am assuming this is 2010. What was the trade?

This is a tough one because he had an impact but that year was the beginning of his decline so it's hard to say. It's one of those scenarios where I wouldn't use my energy to argue against it.
Even though he was huge defensively in that series, to this day I still feel like they get past Philly with JV because he always seemed to play well against Embiid back then. I don’t think they beat the Bucks without him though.

Young man was born into a country that generates $9 billion annually manufacturing and selling guns

Same young man is being persecuted for being a gun enthusiast

The double standard is sickening and extremely dangerous for young men like him

A gun enthusiast doesnt tote the thang like he was. Not even gonna get into it, if you dont get what the problem is by now youre just being hardheaded.

That 04 Pistons Team is criminally underrated. They had it all. Size, depth, play making, shooting, defense and coaching.
those pistons teams were good. really should have had more than one chip to show for it. rotating off a hot horry :smh:
i still remember watching gm 7. i had the gm recorded and refused to check any online scores and watched the gm back after work :lol:

All of these trades are for starters that certainly added value but I'm talking about the major trades for all-stars that people at the time basically made the team favorites Pau to LAL, Harden to BKN, KD to PHX.

Those 3 are different types of trades IMO.

those pistons teams were good. really should have had more than one chip to show for it. rotating off a hot horry :smh:
i still remember watching gm 7. i had the gm recorded and refused to check any online scores and watched the gm back after work :lol:
I agree fam. It goes back to the old boxing adage of “styles make fights” the Spurs were the worst matchup for that Pistons team.

Spo not the type to meat play, but i do think celts are more than capable of winning at home. crowd is going to be raucous for a team that is 1-3. i like what i was seeing from the celtics, they finally showed some fight. could've laid down last night and mazulla actually made a couple adjustments

I agree fam. It goes back to the old boxing adage of “styles make fights” the Spurs were the worst matchup for that Pistons team.
if i recall that series was a bunch of blowouts except for that gm. two evenly matched experience teams that were well coached.

I’ve always heard it’s been alcohol. Enough alcohol that could potentially lead to bad decision making.
Very sad. Having multiple people in my family in AA, I've seen that alcholism seems to develop due to the person trying to compensate for being unhappy/depressed/unfulfilled. Wouldn't suprise me if that was the case for Ja, despite all his success and fame.

We've seen multiple videos of Ja drinking Migos like it's a SmartWater, that **** ain't normal.
Yea those chugging vids on the plane/bus were already a bit concerning when they first surfaced before all the gun stuff.

Hope he's able to get the help he needs forreal this time during the offseason. Not even for his careers sake moreso for his own mental

Back
Top Bottom