The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

rolaholic rolaholic murkn3m murkn3m allergic2broke allergic2broke is UD a Top 5 Heat ever or is that Perk just Perk'n? He said in order: Wade, UD, Bron or Zo (He had Bron as #3 at first then switched it to Zo and put Bron at 4) and Jimmy at 5.

I know UD gets love over there but didn't know if it was Top 5 franchise player ever love

rolaholic rolaholic murkn3m murkn3m allergic2broke allergic2broke is UD a Top 5 Heat ever or is that Perk just Perk'n? He said in order: Wade, UD, Bron or Zo (He had Bron as #3 at first then switched it to Zo and put Bron at 4) and Jimmy at 5.

I know UD gets love over there but didn't know if it was Top 5 franchise player ever love
Bosh
Hardaway
Glen Rice
Eddie Jones

UD just been there forever, which is commendable. Not sure that should put you in a franchise’s top 5 ever though.

Praying for Jokic and Denver's downfall.

That city doesn't deserve a chip for how they treated Melo.

The Nuggets traded their hometown star, a former finals MVP who helped them go the farthest in franchise history at that point..because LaLa & Melo were thirsty to go to NYC :lol:

That 2010-2011 season was SO weird. Piper Billups (Chauncey wife) was mad as hell :lol:. I think they were trying to retire settle there. One of my man’s ex from Denver, and she used to talk about how much they loved the Billups family in Park Hill or something.

That season was weird as hell. Pre-lockout. Amare wedding. All the thirsty Big 3 talk. Melo trying to lock in, under the new CBA. Knicks trade, that made the nuggets somehow better :lol:. All the Musical chairs around the league. Wild times

Zo, Wade, Udonis, Timmy, Lebron

Mercenary rings don’t mean much to me personally. I believe life is about the struggle and process not the results.

Bosh
Hardaway
Glen Rice
Eddie Jones

UD just been there forever, which is commendable. Not sure that should put you in a franchise’s top 5 ever though.

The Heat done really had some hoopers. Hell of a franchise from top to bottom. Fire jerseys. Long history of finding talent on the margins. Excellent culture. Somehow, they manage to rebuild without truly bottoming out for a long time.

Impressive

Bosh
Hardaway
Glen Rice
Eddie Jones

That is precisely what I'm trying to get to the bottom of. Didn't know if Heat fans felt his two decades earned him a spot up there. I couldn't put him up there but I could see why folks from the fanbase might.

Zo, Wade, Udonis, Timmy, Lebron

Mercenary rings don’t mean much to me personally. I believe life is about the struggle and process not the results.

I rock with Timmy but not sure sure I can put him over Jimmy at this point. Got to see how this Finals pans out but he also has three more years to, at the very least, get his numbers in up in terms of where he finishes in Heat All-Time statistical rankings.

Might not be top 5 in terms of best players/talents to play for the team but everything off the court gives him a strong case for it impact wise.

He might not be as important on the court as guys like Hardaway, Bosh, Shaq, Rice were but he's been a franchise staple for 20+ years and has been integral in maintaining the established culture through good and bad era's along with being around for each of the 7 Finals runs the franchise has had.

I'd have him top 10 for sure dont think I'd say top 5 personally :lol:

He's a legend though and bleeds Heat culture through and through, he'll definitely have his number hanging in the rafters when he's done. Already got his own section in the arena.

That is precisely what I'm trying to get to the bottom of. Didn't know if Heat fans felt his two decades earned him a spot up there. I couldn't put him up there but I could see why folks from the fanbase might.

I rock with Timmy but not sure sure I can put him over Jimmy at this point. Got to see how this Finals pans out but he also has three more years to, at the very least, get his numbers in up in terms of where he finishes in Heat All-Time statistical rankings.
UD hasn’t averaged 20 MPG in over a decade now.

These look like the old Kobes.

IPNYEL6KGBCZRLBBYWX6ET5MJ4.jpg

Might not be top 5 in terms of best players/talents to play for the team but everything off the court gives him a strong case for it impact wise.

He might not be as important on the court as guys like Hardaway, Bosh, Shaq, Rice were but he's been a franchise staple for 20+ years and has been integral in maintaining the established culture.

I'd have him top 10 for sure dont think I'd say top 5 personally :lol:

He's a legend though and bleeds Heat culture through and through, he'll definitely have his number hanging in the rafters when he's done. Already got his own section in the arena.

Just heard Malika talk about his number getting hung up in the rafters and I was going to ask thoughts on that but looks like it's not a hot take. Damn. Has there ever been a player like this in league history? Getting their number retired for tenure + impact.

UD hasn’t averaged 20 MPG in over a decade now.

Breh. You you don't need to make the case of why it's absurd to me because I am equally befuddled by the Top 5 and even Top 10 argument :lol: I think this may be the first time something like this has happened in the league unless there was someone way back in the day

Imo the main difference will be Spo and Miami having more active Perimeter defenders.

Lakers never fronted Jokic and rarely hard doubled, I think Spo will do both at a high rate.
Helping off the perimeter going to get you in trouble. Fronting might be a bandaid though.

Just heard Malika talk about his number getting hung up in the rafters and I was going to ask thoughts on that but looks like it's not a hot take. Damn. Has there ever been a player like this in league history? Getting their number retired for tenure + impact.

Breh. You you don't need to make the case of why it's absurd to me because I am equally befuddled by the Top 5 and even Top 10 argument :lol: I think this may be the first time something like this has happened in the league unless there was someone way back in the day
I mean, I understand the number getting hung up more so than I do the argument for him being a top 5 player in the franchise’s history :lol:

He’s obviously a figure that means a lot to the organization.

Bron/Wade/Zo/Jimmy seem like obvious choices. Toss up with Hardaway and Bosh for the other, IMO.

Tbf, there's less deserving and less tenured guys who have their jerseys retired for other teams around the league than UD so I don't have a problem with it :lol:

It's really up to the franchises and how they judge these things but I don't really think it's too crazy.

Back
Top Bottom