The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

russell-westbrook-yawn.gif

Russ is a generational reaction gif provider. Empty the clip elpablo21 elpablo21

When i was a teenager, I used to have a similar NEED to always be right or to always defend/explain myself because i felt what i said was misinterpreted. My first boss called it out to me one day (politely) and told me sometimes it aint worth it and you only make yourself look worse.

Like, who cares if my intentions were not to offend a group. If members of that group are offended, why not apologize and try to avoid doing that same thing again. People won’t respect you any less for doing that.

Good on you for working on that. I think being able to identify and acknowledge when you're wrong is a very 'adult' skill to have. A lot of times it's over trivial ****,

Similarly, you're allowed to change your opinion on something when presented with new information. You don't have to move the goalposts & spin the narrative to fit the view that now may be wrong. It's okay to be wrong.

you're allowed to change your opinion on something when presented with new information. You don't have to move the goalposts & spin the narrative to fit the view that now may be wrong.
What if other people tell you that your opinion isn't actually your opinion? What if they all agree on what they think your opinion is and they try to convince you that what they know your opinion to be, that's actually what your opinion is, not your actual opinion?

-foe

i'm only talking about you, ska

you're the one being a big problem in this thread. you come in and assert your thoughts on others beating people over the head with your irregular thoughts and just keep going on til no one's really interested in going back and forth with you anymore. and yet you still carry on with your brand of arrogance and pushiness like it's some victory you really need today

i'm only talking about you, ska

you're the one being a big problem in this thread. you come in and assert your thoughts on others beating people over the head with your irregular thoughts and just keep going on til no one's really interested in going back and forth with you anymore. and yet you still carry on with your brand of arrogance and pushiness like it's some victory you really need today
I haven't even given thoughts today. Just asked questions, then assumptions and accusations flew. Actually, one initial thought I gave earlier was about how I see the harm in backhanded complimenting black people on 'speaking proper'... buuuut that didn't fit the narrative so it was ignored.

If no one was interested, I would literally just be responding to myself. I literally only respond when someone quotes me, so to say that no one is interested is egregious, but AGAIN: Accuracy be damned. Just say something and it's true. That's how the thread works.

This response is because someone (you) was interested.

-foe

Yes Ska, us black people taking issue with what we see as a slight just refuse to see the knowledge you are dropping.

You are a moderator on a discussion forum who whines about forced compliance because people challenging your often ****ty takes regarding race and racism.

If Anthony Davis could lay eggs, they still wouldn't as be as fragile as you.

funk-flex-bars.gif

Back
Top Bottom